• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY13 STA-21 Applicants

Do you think the numbers will go up next year?

• Total voters
SWO/IP only had a couple last year but there was only like 5 applicants for that target group so the percentage that got selected was actually higher than most others. But I see where your coming from. I got core as my secondary.

Hey A_Longo88, could you tell me where you find all the numbers for the last year selection board? I would like to look at them. By any chance does anyone know how many Supply applicants got selected last year? Thanks

Keith Delgado

FY-12 Med Corps Alternate
Any ideas on how much should your personal statement change from the previous years if you weren't selected?
If you think it's a weak personal statement, change it. I was not selected as a primary last year so my opinions are all hearsay. I was selected as an alternate though. Your personal statement should (in my opinion at least) be extremely strong and should come across to the board like you need to already have the bars on your shoulders. When you give it to someone to read, you should see the wow in their face. Don't write it like an eval. Make it come from the heart and be straight forward. Let as many people read it as you can! You'll get the best opinions that way.

Keith Delgado

Hey is there a medical portion to this at all? Does that come after being selected? Another question for those who have submitted before what is the hardest part of this process?
Honestly, the first time submitting a package is the hardest part. The entire process kept me busy. I have read the previous posts and I must admit, I didn't understand what a package exactly was until I seen someone else’s completed package. I did use it as an INITIAL guide but only as far as the layout of the package was concerned (It was for a different option and years outdated anyway). What you can do is find an officer in your command that has been through the program and drill their brain.

HOPEIMSELECTED4STA-21

FY12 & 13 CORE Applicant
This is my second time applying this year, might be my last. The numbers last year were very upsetting. Oh well, lets see how they will be this year.

TheCzar

FY13 Pilot Applicant (2nd time)
Does anyone have any information on IW officers? My rate is CTI and my language is Iraqi Arabic (still in training though, graduate in August). One of my questions is the chances of being chosen because of my language skill. Any information would be much appreciated, thank you.
There was only one person out of 58 chosen for IW last year, I would consider some other options such as SWO/IP.

TheCzar

So what is everyone's thought on mentioning previous applications in your personal statement. I had my watch officer read my first draft and he told me that when people read that you have applied before, it strikes the question "why didn't you get selected before?" How do you all feel about this and what advice have you all received?

JHawkNROTC

FY12 & 13 Supply Corps Applicant
Just skimmed throught the forum, so forgive me if this has already been brought up, but has anyone else noticed that the NAVADMIN announcing the program just came out yesterday? Isn't that quite a bit later than its usually posted?

hearshot

Just skimmed throught the forum, so forgive me if this has already been brought up, but has anyone else noticed that the NAVADMIN announcing the program just came out yesterday? Isn't that quite a bit later than its usually posted?

Seems to be the earliest it's been posted, though I only checked up until '05.

OC/EMC

So what is everyone's thought on mentioning previous applications in your personal statement. I had my watch officer read my first draft and he told me that when people read that you have applied before, it strikes the question "why didn't you get selected before?" How do you all feel about this and what advice have you all received?

The board knows that everyone cannot and does not get selected. You mentioned only 1 selection in a IW community right? You don't think the #2 person would have been good enough to make it in any of the other communities had they been allowed/ellegable to apply? Your watch officer may be right in that it does lead one to ask the question, but if you know how high the requirements are and how few are selected, the answer to that question is pretty insignificant.

I mentioned I was a second time applicant within the first paragraph of my second personal statement. I believe that it shows determination and persistence; especially if your package improves from the previous year(s). It is hard enough to get everything done to apply for one year, but to do it twice....that shows commitment, and that is part of what our Navy is about!

TheCzar

The board knows that everyone cannot and does not get selected. You mentioned only 1 selection in a IW community right? You don't think the #2 person would have been good enough to make it in any of the other communities had they been allowed/ellegable to apply? Your watch officer may be right in that it does lead one to ask the question, but if you know how high the requirements are and how few are selected, the answer to that question is pretty insignificant.

I mentioned I was a second time applicant within the first paragraph of my second personal statement. I believe that it shows determination and persistence; especially if your package improves from the previous year(s). It is hard enough to get everything done to apply for one year, but to do it twice....that shows commitment, and that is part of what our Navy is about!
Roger that, thanks for the feedback.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
Hello again to all. I am currently putting the finishing touches on this years package. I am putting the enclosure numbers down and trying to figure out where I should put a copy of my diploma for my AA. Should it go in the college transcripts section, or the copies of awards and other documents section?

Maybe I should just put it in both. Ha just kidding. Or am I......

Keith Delgado

Hello again to all. I am currently putting the finishing touches on this years package. I am putting the enclosure numbers down and trying to figure out where I should put a copy of my diploma for my AA. Should it go in the college transcripts section, or the copies of awards and other documents section?

Maybe I should just put it in both. Ha just kidding. Or am I......
I didn't include my actual diploma on last years package. I guess it couldn't hurt anything. Just make sure that your degree is on your smart transcripts, It's the only way that you'll get the points for it.