• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY13 STA-21 Applicants

Do you think the numbers will go up next year?

• Total voters

johnnyfive

FY12 STA-21 Selectee (NFO), WINGED AVIATOR
I'm not sure how I got labelled with not wanting to help my shipmates. Anyway, my point was that Popo was trying to help and he got labelled with being full of himself. And he didn't even say anything remotely arrogant. I'll leave this thread alone because I have somehow been named a troll (see my earlier posts for my best advice). If you have specific questions or comments, feel free to message me personally. Good luck to everyone!

I found out that I am not going to C school due to the fact that they got enough fleet returnees. So I am going to SSGN 729 USS Georgia (gold crew). I am going to hit the ground running, and get qualed as quickly as possible. Does anyone have any advice on how I should stand out. For the most part I am going to have a learning attitude and volunteer for as much as possible. Also I was wondering if transferring in February will allow me to enough time to submit a package at a new command? Thanks in advance for any advice.

exNavyOffRec

I found out that I am not going to C school due to the fact that they got enough fleet returnees. So I am going to SSGN 729 USS Georgia (gold crew). I am going to hit the ground running, and get qualed as quickly as possible. Does anyone have any advice on how I should stand out. For the most part I am going to have a learning attitude and volunteer for as much as possible. Also I was wondering if transferring in February will allow me to enough time to submit a package at a new command? Thanks in advance for any advice.
You will have to ask the command what their policy is, at most of the commands I have been at the CO's policy was not to endorse any officer package unless the person had obtained their warfare device and/or qualified on specified watchstations.

haubby

None
Contributor

At least you're going to my old crew! In all seriousness get your dolphins first, qualify as much as you can, then submit a package. I've yet to see a nonqual (other than a baby nuke) get picked up for STA-21.

visanoven

ENC -> OC

It sounds like you already have the right attitude. The best thing you can do is get your qualifications as soon as possible in order to stand out from your peers. Taking a year or two to better develop your career as a sailor will pay you dividends in the end. Don't lose sight of you goals though, age comes quickly.

kb9579

FY12 STA-21 Selectee SWO(IP)
Note to all applicants: If you intend on getting lasik soon, ensure you time it out to where 90 days have passed before you have to submit medical info if selected. I cut it really close today and recieved a waiver, however BUMED will require the 90 day post op check up and the medical portion will need to be completed late october/early nov. Good luck to everyone, have a safe new years!

amwyatt

Sta-21 FY12 Selectee
At least you're going to my old crew! In all seriousness get your dolphins first, qualify as much as you can, then submit a package. I've yet to see a nonqual (other than a baby nuke) get picked up for STA-21.

...I didn't have one and I got picked up. In fact there were a lot of things about my package that were unconvential. Just make the most of the opportunities you have.

Does anyone have any information on IW officers? My rate is CTI and my language is Iraqi Arabic (still in training though, graduate in August). One of my questions is the chances of being chosen because of my language skill. Any information would be much appreciated, thank you.

exNavyOffRec

Does anyone have any information on IW officers? My rate is CTI and my language is Iraqi Arabic (still in training though, graduate in August). One of my questions is the chances of being chosen because of my language skill. Any information would be much appreciated, thank you.
I have had several college graduates chosen for IW, none spoke any foreign language. The PA doesn't even mention it as a selection factor, GPA and degree are the main factors.

exNavyOffRec

Well I received some information previously saying that Language Officers were in demand. Do you know of any truth behind that?
There are designators that a person can lateral transfer into after X number of years as an officer, that might be what they are talking about? Probably Foreign Area Officer as they do need language skills.

The common factors for our IW selections were high GPA's and technical degrees.

We had a CTI reservist that spoke 2 foreign languages, not selected for IW but was selected for IP, go figure.

There are designators that a person can lateral transfer into after X number of years as an officer, that might be what they are talking about? Probably Foreign Area Officer as they do need language skills.

The common factors for our IW selections were high GPA's and technical degrees.

We had a CTI reservist that spoke 2 foreign languages, not selected for IW but was selected for IP, go figure.
What's IP?