• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY13 STA-21 Applicants

Do you think the numbers will go up next year?

• Total voters

Daniel White

MM3 -> YN3
Here we go again....another day of waiting.
110315rebecca-black1.jpg

Jonny Coreson

It's funny, I'm stationed in Okinawa Japan. So when I go to sleep you all wake up. Which means when I'm supposed to be sleeping, I'm not. When I am I'm dreaming dreams that alternate between being selected and not being selected. Every once in a while I just refresh the NAVADMIN site. Rinse repeat.

To be clear, my LAST package was ineligible to board. This one's spot on. I'm in a Marine command, and I was surprised by how much my CO (Colonel) scrutinized my package. He gave me the best recommendation a CO could. I hope it's enough to overcome my last MP eval. "TOP MP SAILOR"... might as well have said first loser.

visanoven

ENC -> OC
I would not stress out over an MP eval, especially if it was number one. That statement is in there for a reason. It basically says you should be an EP, there just weren't enough slots. The board members know how to read and interpret evals. Depending on your rank, an MP is still pretty good, you are still breaking out!

Blues1946

FY-13 IW applicant
I wish I had more to offer this forum but it seems most of it has been said. If selected, I too will shares package to those who would like to see it and if not selected, I will see you all next year!

JHawkNROTC

FY12 & 13 Supply Corps Applicant
Maybe this makes me one of the guys that you (Popo Jijo) don't care for, but I don't think I would just send a copy of my entire package to anyone... A member of my command, who wants to apply next year, asked for a copy of my package and I told him the same thing.

I would be glad to help anyone who wants to apply to this program. I'd gladly point them in the right direction for any information they might need. (Or, since I'm a Yeoman, help them with the administrative aspect of it) But, my package is my own. My personal statement is my own. I went through the painstaking process of writing and rewriting my personal statement at least 50 times. I combed thought the STA-21 instruction, website, and this forum and assembled my package by the book. To me, that is part of the application. The board members want to see if you can pay attention to detail...

And besides, there is no way that I would assemble my package to mirror someone else’s (whether they were selected or not). That's just my opinion though. I wanted to make sure that my package was done (put together) just as the instruction dictates.

Sorry folks, not trying to be a d!&K. I'll get off my pedestal now!
;)

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
Maybe this makes me one of the guys that you (Popo Jijo) don't care for, but I don't think I would just send a copy of my entire package to anyone... A member of my command, who wants to apply next year, asked for a copy of my package and I told him the same thing.

I would be glad to help anyone who wants to apply to this program. I'd gladly point them in the right direction for any information they might need. (Or, since I'm a Yeoman, help them with the administrative aspect of it) But, my package is my own. My personal statement is my own. I went through the painstaking process of writing and rewriting my personal statement at least 50 times. I combed thought the STA-21 instruction, website, and this forum and assembled my package by the book. To me, that is part of the application. The board members want to see if you can pay attention to detail...

And besides, there is no way that I would assemble my package to mirror someone else’s (whether they were selected or not). That's just my opinion though. I wanted to make sure that my package was done (put together) just as the instruction dictates.

;)

JHawk, there must be a misunderstanding. I wouldn't give out my package to somebody either. As a matter of a fact, this was a heated topic at the beginning of the FY. I was talking about just helping period. If somebody wants to give out their package, that's on them. Just want to clarify. I am talking about the ghost that just lurk, then wait to rub it in everyone's faces that they made it.

Lui

OCS Applicant
It's all about getting as much information as possible and applying what works to ones own package and ignoring what doesn't. Rewriting a personal statement 50 times would make me want to share it even more. That way I am getting as much use as possible out of the statement. The board is comprised of new memebers every year. If someone likes something I wrote and it applies to them then they are more than welcome to use it. It is not plagerism if they have permission to do so.

Willy P

FY-13 Pilot Applicant
While my life would have been much easier if I had seen someone else's completed package, I am much more proud of the final product now that I assembled everything myself, only using the website and instruction as a guide. I can see where you are coming from.

Blues1946

FY-13 IW applicant
I think those that can develop their own package is great, but I had a few examples to help me do that and I thank those individuals very much for showing me what a selected package looks like. The unfortunate side to this process is we don't really get any feedback as to why we weren't selected and we don't know the reasons for the ones that were. I think providing your selected package to someone is an incredibly useful tool that should be shared. I agree we shouldn't post it for everyone to see but if someone were to request it I see no harm in sterilizing all sensitive data and letting them take a look at it. To those that think this is some form of cheating, stop hating and help someone out.