• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY13 STA-21 Applicants

Do you think the numbers will go up next year?

• Total voters

sonarforce

FY-12 Oceano Alternate
Hey everybody, so where has everyone been placing their letters of recommendation? Are you putting them on top of your cover letter as stated in the instruction along with the CO's endorsement, etc. or have you been putting them with the awards and additional documents and labeling them as enclosures? Thank you.

hippievan

FY-13 STA-21 CEC Applicant
Hey everybody, so where has everyone been placing their letters of recommendation? Are you putting them on top of your cover letter as stated in the instruction along with the CO's endorsement, etc. or have you been putting them with the awards and additional documents and labeling them as enclosures? Thank you.
In paragraph 6 (11) of 1420.1B it says to put LOR in the additional document part. Where did you see that it should go with your cover letter, what part of the instruction? I am very curious to know, maybe I am reading it wrong.

sonarforce

FY-12 Oceano Alternate
In paragraph 6 (11) of 1420.1B it says to put LOR in the additional document part. Where did you see that it should go with your cover letter, what part of the instruction? I am very curious to know, maybe I am reading it wrong.
It's in the part where it states how to assemble the package. It says to place co endorsements, appraisal sheets,etc and LORs on top of the applicants cover letter. It is in paragraph 6 b.

hippievan

It's in the part where it states how to assemble the package. It says to place co endorsements, appraisal sheets,etc and LORs on top of the applicants cover letter. It is in paragraph 6 b.
Yep I see what you mean...there is a lot of things in the instructions that are up for interpretation, as I'm sure you've noticed already, but I think it is referring to the recommendation from your CO and NMRB chairperson. They both write short recommendations with the outstanding or good marks and so forth... I included my LOR as additional documents. STA-21 office says website take precedence, so I would follow the checklist, and refer to the instruction for more detailed guidance. It's funny, for STA-21 you have look over every bit of instruction, websites, OPNAV, etc., then piece it together to get the right stuff, hopefully. Good luck to you.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
to hippievan: I mailed my package on wednesday morning and it showed up on the site that they recieved it on Friday.

sonarforce: I also included my LORs in the additional documentation section of the package. The istructions are very contradicting and not very clear.

hippievan

to hippievan: I mailed my package on wednesday morning and it showed up on the site that they recieved it on Friday.

sonarforce: I also included my LORs in the additional documentation section of the package. The istructions are very contradicting and not very clear.
Congrats on the first step of making sure it gets there!

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
Congrats on the first step of making sure it gets there!

It sure is a relief. It probably got there late Friday because they only verified my CO's rec letter and my application cover letter. All the other documents haven't yet been verified. I'll probably check again Monday to see if it gets updated.

sonarforce

FY-12 Oceano Alternate
to hippievan: I mailed my package on wednesday morning and it showed up on the site that they recieved it on Friday

Thank you for the feedback; I will probably put them in as additional documents then.

Keith Delgado

FY-12 Med Corps Alternate
My package is now complete!! I can't wait to send it off on Monday. My wife is happy it's complete also. She's never been in the Navy but knows more about STA-21 than most Sailors! Not lokoing forward to the wait though.

hippievan

It sure is a relief. It probably got there late Friday because they only verified my CO's rec letter and my application cover letter. All the other documents haven't yet been verified. I'll probably check again Monday to see if it gets updated.
Yeah USPS said mine is supposed to be there monday, it probably got there saturday and just has to wait for them to be open.

hippievan

6 more days till the deadline...... then this thread will probably open up a bit.
Did you get any status updates? Good news on this side of the world, my tracking code does not exist in the USPS system and it's not at STA-21 officer yet. I don't know what happened with the SN postal clerk but something went wrong. Very nervous, very very nervous, I really don't want to send my copy of package, it just doesn't look as good as the originals ya know what I mean?

hippievan

Anyone else applyling for the Med Corps?
Not going for medical core but I just now noticed you were alternate last year (sometimes I am in my own little world), congrats and good luck to you this year!!! I imagine your record has only gotten stronger so I will be pulling for you for sure!! That is a super competitive program, you should be proud no matter happens, seriously.