• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY13 STA-21 Applicants

Do you think the numbers will go up next year?

• Total voters

JaymesWS

Jaymes good luck to you! I saw your stats post and your package looks stellar from what you posted. How did your interviews go? It would seem with that record that they would go really well.

Interviews went really well. One person said I was a little soft spoken, but otherwise, 9's across the board and Outstandings in the bottom section. Hope my career so far diverse enough to set me apart. internal board was three O4s w my CO (O5) chairing it... Outside was a little weaker, two LTs and a CDR with a CAPT chairing that one. I'm deployed right now, so it was difficult to find a Supply Officer (the O5) on island to sit the board.

Keith Delgado

FY-12 Med Corps Alternate
Question for those who made first off the september exam or anyone who knows the answer. The instruction says to include 5 regular evals and not to include special evals. I was given a special eval once I got frocked and my last regular eval was March 2011 so I was told to include the special eval to account for the time. Is there anyone else in this situation? I'm wondering if I should have 5 or 6 total evals in my package now?

jeeplovindad

FY13 Sta-21 Applicant EDO/SWO
Question for those who made first off the september exam or anyone who knows the answer. The instruction says to include 5 regular evals and not to include special evals. I was given a special eval once I got frocked and my last regular eval was March 2011 so I was told to include the special eval to account for the time. Is there anyone else in this situation? I'm wondering if I should have 5 or 6 total evals in my package now?
A "Frocking" Eval is a Observed eval, so it should count as one of your five. It should be marked as such in box 12 and 17.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None

I would email Mr. Straten to clarify.

hippievan

FY-13 STA-21 CEC Applicant
I would email Mr. Straten to clarify.
I would agree with that. The OPNAV instruction is again out of date according to Mr. Straten and website takes priority, so it's best to get it from the source. My COC and I have been in contact with Mr. Straten multiple times because of the difference in instructions.

hippievan

Well it finally made it to the post office, I thought it would never happen. Now begins the time to second guess everything I did with the package right?

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
I am still waiting on my CO to do her last touches to my endorsement then I will mail mine off. I want to visually see it in the postmaster's hand. lol..

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
Package is oficially on its way to P-cola... I also thought I would never see the day. Now time to start the waiting game. We need to firgure out something to make the time go by. It doesn't really help that AW was down all day yesterday ... lol

hippievan

Package is oficially on its way to P-cola... I also thought I would never see the day. Now time to start the waiting game. We need to firgure out something to make the time go by. It doesn't really help that AW was down all day yesterday ... lol
Yeah you are not kidding, this is going to take forever. I wonder if we can talk Mr. Straten into releasing the quotas when the board starts in september.
I very curious to know how all this is going to turn out with unknowns about the budget cuts and the lack of passing one by congress. Also after speaking with some recent NSI attendees there is rumors of cutting enlisted commissioning programs going around there, I guess there was some brief while they were there. We shall see.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
Yeah you are not kidding, this is going to take forever. I wonder if we can talk Mr. Straten into releasing the quotas when the board starts in september.
I very curious to know how all this is going to turn out with unknowns about the budget cuts and the lack of passing one by congress. Also after speaking with some recent NSI attendees there is rumors of cutting enlisted commissioning programs going around there, I guess there was some brief while they were there. We shall see.
I won't ever belive anything until it's official. I was looking at last years fleet brief again and the number of selectees has really dropped a lot. We are due for a slight increase and hopefully its this year.

hippievan

I won't ever belive anything until it's official. I was looking at last years fleet brief again and the number of selectees has really dropped a lot. We are due for a slight increase and hopefully its this year.
Yeah we hear enough rumors in the Navy. I hope there is an increase for everybody's community. I have been paying close attention to congress and what is going on with passing a budget and a possible addendum to the automatic cuts that will take place. I don't see much happening before election time though of course.

hippievan

hey hippievan. has your package status been updated on the site?
Not yet, my package is coming from the small NAS in Sicily. Mail takes a good amount of time to get anywhere even though it was sent express, waste of money after I thought about what I did. haha I was just too nervous and excited to get that thing there as fast as possible. What about you, when did you send yours?