• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY13 STA-21 Applicants

Do you think the numbers will go up next year?

• Total voters

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
My endorsement is still sitting on the skippers desk .... After my meeting with her sometime next week I will screen everything a couple more times then have admin mail it off .....

Hey popo did you number all you pages ?? For example , I have enclosure 7 on the bottom right of everything in the additional documents section but I don't have the pages numbered ..... But i did number my evals because I am submitting only front sided copies and if they were to get mixed up for some reason there would be no way for the board to know what order they are supposed to be in. The additional documents don't really have any particular order so that's why I didn't bother numbering the pages ... But the CO's assistant recommended that I number the pages of every enclosure that has more than one page .... What's everyone's take on this ??

Keith Delgado

FY-12 Med Corps Alternate
My endorsement is still sitting on the skippers desk .... After my meeting with her sometime next week I will screen everything a couple more times then have admin mail it off .....

Hey popo did you number all you pages ?? For example , I have enclosure 7 on the bottom right of everything in the additional documents section but I don't have the pages numbered ..... But i did number my evals because I am submitting only front sided copies and if they were to get mixed up for some reason there would be no way for the board to know what order they are supposed to be in. The additional documents don't really have any particular order so that's why I didn't bother numbering the pages ... But the CO's assistant recommended that I number the pages of every enclosure that has more than one page .... What's everyone's take on this ??

All pages should be numbered in each enclosure. I think this is right out of the instruction. What do you mean you are submitting front sided copies of your eval?

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
All pages should be numbered in each enclosure. I think this is right out of the instruction. What do you mean you are submitting front sided copies of your eval?

I emailed mr stratten and asked if I should only provide front sided copies or does the board prefer front and back. He said its best to provide only front sided copies to ensure that nothing is missed, but that it's my package and that I should do it however I feel is best. I don't remember it saying in the instruction that all pages must be numbered ... I only remember that all pages must be marked enclosures as required ... Im going to have to double check

Keith Delgado

FY-12 Med Corps Alternate
I emailed mr stratten and asked if I should only provide front sided copies or does the board prefer front and back. He said its best to provide only front sided copies to ensure that nothing is missed, but that it's my package and that I should do it however I feel is best. I don't remember it saying in the instruction that all pages must be numbered ... I only remember that all pages must be marked enclosures as required ... Im going to have to double check
Interesting.. I know the 1420.1b doesn't say to number pages but I'm pretty sure the correspondence manual does. I'm not 100% sure though. As far as the evals go, it is prob easier for them if they're front sided only because I think they scan packages. But I guess, do as you feel. It prob wouldn't hurt either way. Last year, I submitted double sided copies so i'll prob just stick with that.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
Interesting.. I know the 1420.1b doesn't say to number pages but I'm pretty sure the correspondence manual does. I'm not 100% sure though. As far as the evals go, it is prob easier for them if they're front sided only because I think they scan packages. But I guess, do as you feel. It prob wouldn't hurt either way. Last year, I submitted double sided copies so i'll prob just stick with that.

I also heard that they scan everything and present it all on screens so I just made them all front ...

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete

I did number all of mine. My admin office instructed me to do it for last years package. You have to put "Enclosure (#)" on the bottom right of each page. Then you have to number each page on the bottom in the middle. Do not number the first page. You start the numbering with the second page. For example:

Enclosure (1)​
2 Enclosure (1)​
3 Enclosure (1)​
4 Enclosure (1)​
Enclosure (2)​
2 Enclosure (2)​
And etc. This might not be the best example, but hopefully it helps you out.​
I also took the extra step to put everything in chronological order, oldest to newest.​
EDIT: It did not format the enclosure example correctly, there are spaces that go between the page number and enclosure.​

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
I also heard that they scan everything and present it all on screens so I just made them all front ...

This is interesting. It makes me wonder how they read your personal statement if it gets put up on a screen. Does somebody read it aloud to them, or do they read it themselves?

exNavyOffRec

Advancement quotas came out this morning and it's looking a hell of alot better than it has been for the past 5-6 cycles. Hopefully the STA-21 selection quotas will go up as well. :)

Officer accession numbers from all sources have been declining over several years, I would expect the same to continue, but what amount remains to be seen.

jeeplovindad

FY13 Sta-21 Applicant EDO/SWO
I did number all of mine. My admin office instructed me to do it for last years package. You have to put "Enclosure (#)" on the bottom right of each page. Then you have to number each page on the bottom in the middle. Do not number the first page. You start the numbering with the second page. For example:

Enclosure (1)​
2 Enclosure (1)​
3 Enclosure (1)​
4 Enclosure (1)​
Enclosure (2)​
2 Enclosure (2)​
I also took the extra step to put everything in chronological order, oldest to newest.​
EDIT: It did not format the enclosure example correctly, there are spaces that go between the page number and enclosure.​
You're right. Everything - formatting wise at least - should be in accordance with the Navy Correspondence Manual. I will say this, one of the EDO's that made it last year, had his enclosure marking written in by hand. So as long as it is there, I think it's all good. I put all of my documents Newest to Oldest ... I figured they'd like to see where I am before they see how I got there.

hippievan

FY-13 STA-21 CEC Applicant
Officer accession numbers from all sources have been declining over several years, I would expect the same to continue, but what amount remains to be seen.
Yeah not to mention if there is no addendum passed to the automatic budget cuts, there may be no more STA-21 program or enlisted commissioning programs for that matter.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
lets not forget about all the force retirements we had this year .... ERB led to more enlisted quotas ... force retirement should lead to more STA-21 quotas ... im just sayin .... let stay positive here people ...

breadandbutter

FY-12 Specwar Alternate

Enclosure (1)​
2 Enclosure (1)​
3 Enclosure (1)​
4 Enclosure (1)​
Enclosure (2)​
2 Enclosure (2)​

I did it the same way last year except I don't think you have to mark the enclosure on each page. 1st page of the enclosure is marked Enclosure (#), and each following page of the enclosure was labeled by page # starting with 2. We used the correspondence manual for this and I was alternate last year, so I am sure either way is acceptable.

JaymesWS

just finished polishing the package, got it in the mail yesterday.... First time applying. I just found this site, but I wish I would've discovered it before I sent it off. Browsing around though, I feel like I put together a great package. I know it's at least put together right, being an admin type, so at least I won't have to worry about omissions. Here's to higher numbers this year everyone!!! Good luck.

Jaymes

hippievan

FY-13 STA-21 CEC Applicant
Jaymes good luck to you! I saw your stats post and your package looks stellar from what you posted. How did your interviews go? It would seem with that record that they would go really well.