• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY13 STA-21 Applicants

Do you think the numbers will go up next year?

• Total voters

Keith Delgado

FY-12 Med Corps Alternate
Hey guys, a question: I was selected as the Oceanography Option Alternate last year, so what should I put in my package to state such a thing? My personal statement, etc?
I was selected as an alternate for the Med Corps last year and I'm including it in my personal statement. I'm going to ask my skipper to mention it in his endorsement as well. I think that should be enough, I want them to know but I don't want to annoy them with it..

Keith Delgado

In your opinion, Is it possible to put too much in your package? (ie.. LOR's, supporting documents, awards, etc..). How much is enough?

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
In your opinion, Is it possible to put too much in your package? (ie.. LOR's, supporting documents, awards, etc..). How much is enough?
IMO :I think there can be too many LORs. Its best to use quality over quantity. When It comes to awards and other supporting documents, I included everything I have ever got that expresses any type of positive leadership ( sailor of the month, LOAs, etc. ) .

hearshot

Got my SAT scores back, math was a 490. Good luck to the rest of you, looks like I'll be seeing myself out next year.

Keith Delgado

Got my SAT scores back, math was a 490. Good luck to the rest of you, looks like I'll be seeing myself out next year.
Sorry to hear that. Don't let that discourage you too much. Just start working on your package for next year and bring your score up a little. Your first post said you applied last year, How come you didn't just use those scores? Did you retake to try and bring them up?

hearshot

Sorry to hear that. Don't let that discourage you too much. Just start working on your package for next year and bring your score up a little. Your first post said you applied last year, How come you didn't just use those scores? Did you retake to try and bring them up?

Those scores are three years old this year, so I needed a new test. Not terribly worried about it, I get out next year after this deployment, so I'll be looking into ROTC and OCS while I'm on leave next week.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
Advancement quotas came out this morning and it's looking a hell of alot better than it has been for the past 5-6 cycles. Hopefully the STA-21 selection quotas will go up as well. :)

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
There have been 89 views to this thread since my last post. I know you guys are watchin ?? Anybody have any exciting news ??

Willy P

FY-13 Pilot Applicant
Just curious is anyone took the time to add footers to their packages, like all the chief packages (ie at the bottom "Encl (1)")

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
Just curious is anyone took the time to add footers to their packages, like all the chief packages (ie at the bottom "Encl (1)")

Well each section is supposed to be labeled as enclosures ... such as the personal statement is Enclosure (1) .. is that what you mean ??

Willy P

FY-13 Pilot Applicant
Well each section is supposed to be labeled as enclosures ... such as the personal statement is Enclosure (1) .. is that what you mean ??

That's what I meant. On my cover letter, my personal statement is listed as enclosure (1). Should I label the personal statement with a footer that says "Enclosure (1)", and so on for each enclosure?

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
YES. This is very important. If you have any questions on formatting enclosures, you should be able to get help from you Admin or you could just research it yourself in the Navy Correspondence manual.