• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY12 STA-21 Applicants

adaptive

It shows you ability to deal with a wide variety of challenges and still balance a career. I have to give my wife credit though, as she does the same, only alone most of the time. Definitely the hardest job in the military, especially when I'm the husband.

JHawkNROTC

FY12 & 13 Supply Corps Applicant
Well, Gentleman, I'm out for the day. I've got class tonight, so I won't be able to check on things until tomorrow. You all have a wonderful evening.

It shows you ability to deal with a wide variety of challenges and still balance a career. I have to give my wife credit though, as she does the same, only alone most of the time. Definitely the hardest job in the military, especially when I'm the husband.
My wife is definitely a champ through all of this. We married in '07, got her over her to Japan, then left on deployment only days later.. She's been doing online college (wrapping up her bachelors) while working part time jobs, all while i've done 6 deployments on 3 different carriers. It has sucked and she's been a trooper the whole time. I don't know how she does it.

adaptive

My wife is definitely a champ through all of this. We married in '07, got her over her to Japan, then left on deployment only days later.. She's been doing online college (wrapping up her bachelors) while working part time jobs, all while i've done 6 deployments on 3 different carriers. It has sucked and she's been a trooper the whole time. I don't know how she does it.
I don't understand it either... GE runs my wife like a slave. If she was my competition to get selected, I'd quit, and I don't quit much. Worst part is I don't even think I know half the stuff she puts up with, simply because out of support for me, she doesn't want me to have to deal with it. Shes my best support tech, and she doesnt get paid/promoted/awards or anything. Just me. Boggles my mind!

DiverDan

US Navy Diver
Ha, yeah I got off of a 2 month TAD to Vietnam and we started trying... were so paranoid it would take forever but took on the second month.

Can only hope I can take that as being lucky and that my luck holds out. Laughing about all this at NSI with everyone is certainly something to hope for.

adaptive

Coolest thing is, whether you do or don't get selected, being a dad is still the best thing that's ever going to happen to ya'!

Scotty Shumaker

FY-12 STA-21 IW Applicant
Coolest thing is, whether you do or don't get selected, being a dad is still the best thing that's ever going to happen to ya'!

True Story.

Last year, my daughter was born on October 19, the same day as selection results. I of course didn't get selected, but I was so wrapped up in her that I didn't even care.

boobcheese

Speaking as a Nuke MMC, a former NFAS Instructor, and a 3 time STA-21 applicant, I can guarantee that you're being fed wrong information. The other guys have it right; you have to either be a student/instructor in the pipeline, a FIDE staff member, or go core and screen for it. I'm not bashing you, I've just heard that a lot from guys in the fleet. There was actuallly a guy on my current ship that almost put in for Nuke this year until I showed him the instruction.

Speaking as a former Nuke MM1, NFAS Student, and 2 time STA-21 applicant, I know what the instruction says but I've seen someone get picked up for nuke option during his first fleet tour. I realize that the written word and reality should never conflict, especially for a nuke, but it can/does happen.

*Granted this was back in 2001 (the first year that STA-21 was in existence) so I have know idea how strictly its enforced now.