• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fy08 Sta21

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
wow, I wouldn't know whether to beat the hell out of the YN or thank the hell out of him for that one.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
wow, I wouldn't know whether to beat the hell out of the YN or thank the hell out of him for that one.

I would do one better and buy him a beer or two. Despite his fuckup (sort of) I am sure that he has put more than a few of his hours into this package...

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
I would do one better and buy him a beer or two. Despite his fuckup (sort of) I am sure that he has put more than a few of his hours into this package...
Oh quite the contrary...his contribution was simply collecting the completed package placing it in the envelope and mailing it off. Not sure if it got the binder clip in the upper left hand corner like the instruction states so explicitly because I'm positive he didn't reference the instruction even though it is listed as a reference on the cover letter. I know that because he said he got the mailing address from the website.

On a side note...has anyone had to send in any corrections yet? No comments showed up on mine (on the website) but that's because I don't think they're finished processing it. It says received but not received under each subpart. I would be pleasantly surprised if there were no corrections to be made...had to send some updates in last two times.

wxguesser

It took about a week for mine to show the individual receipts...and yeah I had to send some things in but that was pretty painless.

Spot

11.5 years and counting boat free
I had to submit a few things when I sent mine in too and it was no problem. When you do submit corrections, I would definitely call Pensacola every time you send something and make sure that the copy he received (via fax or e-mail) made it there and is good to go. It would suck to fax a load of stuff over and assume that it is taken care of when in fact you just sent a load of garbled garbage that no one can read.
Just my small bit of advice.
Good luck to all of you who are chewing your fingers off waiting.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Concur with Spot,
I would see if you can scan the documents and send them digitally.

wxguesser

Obviously you can't be too careful...but I just faxed my stuff and followed up by email. The response was quick and everything was good to go.

53Crewman

FY09 STA-21 Pilot Alternate
I just got confirmation that my packaged was received along with all required documents. This is my first time applying and this waiting game SUCKS. Its worse than waiting for advancement results!! Good luck to everyone else that applied, and hopefully an ample amount of spots are available.

NavyCommsET

THe waiting game sucks, but keep your spirits high. Last year my command screwed me and P-cola didnt even get my package until the first week of August. But I still got picked up, so keep your heads up and just wait on October!
Dustin

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
THe waiting game sucks, but keep your spirits high. Last year my command screwed me and P-cola didnt even get my package until the first week of August. But I still got picked up, so keep your heads up and just wait on October!
Dustin

Unless of course it's a really bad hurricane season, in that case wait until november :eek:

haubby

None
Contributor
I'm eluding the waiting game by keeping busy and taking classes at TCC like I normally would. Nothing else to do besides work for the man, drink beer, chase tail and repeat. I hope to see all our names on that NAVADMIN in October.

53Crewman

FY09 STA-21 Pilot Alternate
Yeah, I would have occupied my time with TCC but my command failed me with the chit, taking over 2 months to get it back. So I have resorted to community service and HOUSE WORK this summer!! I am debating on taking Fall classes because I don't want to be half way through a semester and then trying to get the final pieces together if I get accepted. On the other hand, I dont want to miss the opportunity on college credits/eval if I dont get picked up. Catch 22. O well...

user2176

STA-21 Core Selectee FY08
Contributor
Reply from Pensacola

Has everyone had their package status updated on the status page of the STA-21 website? Mine is still listed as received 7/5/2007 but no update on individual items. Looks like I'll be calling to inquire on Monday.

And some advice I received on the interviews for those applying next year, when asked what you'd do if you don't get accepted this time, don't say 'get out of the Navy' or something similar, they are looking for you to say that you will keep trying. Oh and don't say you want to be an officer for the money. We have ITs that are making more than LTs over here with the AIP.