• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fy08 Sta21

STG2Carolina

Sta-21 Swo/core

Hello to everyone and GOOD LUCK on selection this year. I have submitted my package and check the status...there was one mistake on an Officers interview, he didnt include his designator...i called sta21 and i submitted this info...he said good to go but its still on the comments section... is that normal?

user2176

STA-21 Core Selectee FY08
Contributor
Hopefully you didn't say that on your board. Thats boardsmanship 101

Of course not, my LPO went on TAD with one of the LTs and they got to talking about my interview and apparently those are two of the biggest mistakes he's seen on other people's boards.

But as for my package I think Pensacola lost it... I'll find out Monday, glad I have a copy.

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
Has everyone had their package status updated on the status page of the STA-21 website? Mine is still listed as received 7/5/2007 but no update on individual items. Looks like I'll be calling to inquire on Monday.
Mine has been like that too...I'm sure they have received the majority of everyones packages all at once and are backed up. I'd have to imagine that calling them isn't going to make them go through them any faster. Remember they've been getting over a thousand of these things the last few years.

haubby

None
Contributor
When I sent mine in, all blocks where checked received with the exception of my college transcripts. I emailed them asking if they in fact had not received them but was told that the person just failed to check the received block when computing my gpa. It was fixed in 30 minutes.

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
the STA website says my package is missing my spring PFA scores. I was in the middle of transferring and didn't run the spring PFA. I emailed them about this and they said not having a score would not disqualify my package. Would you believe this or should I run one at my new command just to get a score in there.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
the STA website says my package is missing my spring PFA scores. I was in the middle of transferring and didn't run the spring PFA. I emailed them about this and they said not having a score would not disqualify my package. Would you believe this or should I run one at my new command just to get a score in there.

Do you have three scores submitted? The instruction says that it has to be your last three PFA scores. I would think that your last three should be sufficient. Definitely clarify this.

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor

I had the same problem when I submitted my package. I transferred commands and did not have to run a PFA. Even though they said it would not disqualify you, who do you think will have the edge? The person who did not have to run the PFA and didn't, or the person who just knocked it out anyway. I personally just ran one and submitted it with my package. But it is up to you.

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
The same thing happened my first year applying and I just ran a PRT with the FEP guys and the CFL entered my scores in PRIMS. I was TAD during the normal PRT.

Spot

11.5 years and counting boat free
With the PRT stuff, either get some kind of re-test from someone in your command or submit a letter from the PRT coordinator stating that you (in my case) had just transferred to the location and were in your 8 or 10 week acclimation phase and therefore exempt from the PRT. Either way, just make sure that Pensacola doesn't think that you are trying to cover up a poor PRT score in order to boost your application.

STG2Carolina

Comments...

I have submitted my package and checked the status...there was one mistake on an Officers interview, he didnt include his designator...i called sta21 and i emailed this info...he said good to go but it is still on the comments section... is that normal? i figure it would be erased after the problem was fixed... anyone help me here?

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
Thanks for all the info. I have already contacted Pensicola. Do you all feel I should still submit my situation in writing. All previous scores are at least outstanding low. Could they really think I had a bad score.

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
It has been two weeks since my application was received and there are no comments but none of the parts show they've been received. Is this normal?

Yes, this is normal. We review the packages by date order in which they arrive at our office. About 90% of the packages were received on July 2nd, so that puts yours further down the line. Keep checking.

Figured I'd pass this on in case anyone else was waiting for theirs still.

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
Options

After having a conversation with a friend today, I pose the topic as a question to you all. What benefits do you see for someone to apply only for the Core option. Oh, and in case I haven't done so yet, thank you all for your help in earlier posts.

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
After having a conversation with a friend today, I pose the topic as a question to you all. What benefits do you see for someone to apply only for the Core option. Oh, and in case I haven't done so yet, thank you all for your help in earlier posts.

We kinda sorta started a discussion on this here.

haubby

None
Contributor
So I had my last final for summer semester Friday. Now I've nothing to do for three weeks. October needs to come quickly. Or at least August 23rd till the Fall semester starts....