• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 23 IWC DCO Reserve Board

Birdettt

1 of the 3 1825's selected here. Such a surreal feeling and this forum served as a valuable resource in the process. Congrats to all who got selected and to those that didn't: keep your head up, keep improving your packages, and it WILL happen.
They should be adding you to one of the team channels. So be on the look out

Hey Everybody,

I am currently making my DCO package for both the CW and IP designators.

I just wanted to pass on some info about me and my application.

Education:
M.S. Computer Science
GPA: 3.5

B.S. Computer Science
Concentration in Cybersecurity
Minor in Mathematics
GPA: 3.5

Certification:
Security+

Military Background:
Active Duty 2013-2017 as a CTT2
SELRES 2019 - Present as a CTT1

Civilian Work Experience:
ISSM (GS-13) For the United States Army for a Software Integration Team. March 2022 - Present.

CW is my number-one pick currently, and hoping for the best!

Also interested to see if anyone has any information about Constructive Entry Credit. Does anyone know of any CWs selected as LTJGs in recent cycles?

Thanks, and good luck to everyone going through the process.
Referring to the Program authorization ( link here ) and what Ive seen of selectees - no I don't think being selected as a LTJG for CW will happen.

I have a similar background as you, and was selected CW for the Fall 2022 board, let me know if you have any questions and I'll assist where possible.

Referring to the Program authorization ( link here ) and what Ive seen of selectees - no I don't think being selected as a LTJG for CW will happen.

I have a similar background as you, and was selected CW for the Fall 2022 board, let me know if you have any questions and I'll assist where possible.
Congratulations on being selected!

Sounds grim, unfortunately.
I want to ensure I'm not missing any steps to at least be considered for the Constructive Entry Credit.

It's weird because the PA authorizes up to 2 years of credit for a M.S. in Computer Science; unsure why so few qualified individuals don't get the Constructive Entry Credit. It makes me wonder if applicants are missing the step or if the Navy is just being...the Navy.

jmald10

I want to ensure I'm not missing any steps to at least be considered for the Constructive Entry Credit.

It's weird because the PA authorizes up to 2 years of credit for a M.S. in Computer Science; unsure why so few qualified individuals don't get the Constructive Entry Credit. It makes me wonder if applicants are missing the step or if the Navy is just being...the Navy.
Congrants to both of you. Adding my 2 cents, I think one of my Dep. Heads came as an O-3 CW. I can ask on May drill weekend and confirm. Good luck on the application process.

exNavyOffRec

In many cases the Navy will add incentives to help get applicants for roles that tend to have a hard time attracting applicants, in general DCO for IWC roles has no problem getting people to apply. That could be why it is in place but not used, or the board has narrowed the scope of what the PA allows as to what they want in order to give a person higher than O-1.

Just because they can doesn't mean they will, anyone in corporate recruiting sees this often.