• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 23 IWC DCO Reserve Board

exNavyOffRec

What board are applying to? If you're applying to September board you may want to ask your recruiter what the submission date cutoff is and make sure your interviews are done before it.
Deadline is 15 August so ideally interviews would be done a week before to allow for the completed application to be routed and submitted.

Deadline is 15 August so ideally interviews would be done a week before to allow for the completed application to be routed and submitted.
Ah I don't come back to my recruiting station until the week before so my interviews might be held after this deadline. Is this the last board for this year?

warthog_az

Going to have my panel interviews in the next week. Any advice or incite you could provide?
Talk about your leadership experience no matter where it's from. Be ready to talk about why you are doing this. Be yourself and answer honestly, that is what they are evaluating They not make selections only recommendations. Let me know how it goes.

njac35

Talk about your leadership experience no matter where it's from. Be ready to talk about why you are doing this. Be yourself and answer honestly, that is what they are evaluating They not make selections only recommendations. Let me know how it goes.
Copy, thank you for the incite to the interview process. I am assuming virtual interviews are the way moving foreward? I tried to get mine in person but was soundly rejected. Ether way I am excited to just have made it this far... it has been a test of perseverance to get this package put together. I love being in the Navy so its an honor to just have this opportunity however slight it may be.

warthog_az

Copy, thank you for the incite to the interview process. I am assuming virtual interviews are the way moving foreward? I tried to get mine in person but was soundly rejected. Ether way I am excited to just have made it this far... it has been a test of perseverance to get this package put together. I love being in the Navy so its an honor to just have this opportunity however slight it may be.
I had an in person interview. However 2 of the interviewers were virtual. I sat in the office with an O6 and another O6 and and 05 called in.

njac35

Maybe proximity has something to do with it. It would be like a 6 hour drive to get to the region OIC interview but honestly I prefer in person for sure. Get to shake hands and look them in the eye.

njac35

I will confirm, hopefully he was mistaken and I can get down there for the interviews. I can make a trip out of it and take the family to the beach.

Does anybody have an idea of the questions they ask in the interview? I asked my recruiter but he won't tell me. Do they ask technical questions? I was told that the interview is coming up so I am getting really nervous