• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 23 IWC DCO Reserve Board

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
looking for advice, mainly in regards to timelines

I have a B.S. in Cyber Operations, B.S. in Computer Science as well as the OSCP, Security+, Network+, and another offensive security focused cert.
I (as of posting this) have about one year experience as a DoD civilian in offensive security. I am currently enrolled part-time in a Comp E Masters's, expected to complete in Spring 2025. I went to a military college and participated in ROTC, so I have experience with military-like culture and leadership positions. I do things such as capture-the-flags (the cyber type... not intramurals) in my free time.
My dream has been to commission into the Navy Reserves; however, I LOVE my job and OCS would be too much time off from my work. Therefore I have decided the DCO program is my most reasonable option. I would love to start trying for a commission ASAP, but I also don't want to waste my own time if there is little to no chance of selection at this point in my career. Although I have some good degrees/certs under my belt, I am aware that I am very green as a working professional.
Should I wait until I have graduated with my Master's (will also have ~3 years work experience at that point) to begin seriously applying? Is there maybe X amount of credit hours I should gain and then start my application? Is being enrolled w a plan of study enough? I know I can always just ask a recruiter, but I've been lurking on this forum for months and figured I'd at least poll the crowd before I looked for a recruiter. Thanks in advance for any advice.

You're still fairly "young" in terms of advice. Rule of thumb for DCO programs is 5-10+ years work experience, not including internships, part-time work while in school, etc.

arctic

You're still fairly "young" in terms of advice. Rule of thumb for DCO programs is 5-10+ years work experience, not including internships, part-time work while in school, etc.
Yeah, I know I’m just a baby in the grand scheme of things. I’m aware that I’m def well-below being mid-career by any means, just figured I’d at least ask around. Thanks!

kaldor2c7

IWC CW Mustang
Constructive Entry Credit...maybe?

I swore in 5DEC23
My Advancement date for O1 in the system is 30NOV22

Unsure if I got 1 year on Constructive Entry Credit, just started reflecting in all the systems today as an Officer.
Looks as if you did. Same capture on my end as well.

So I reached out to the MNCC Help Desk and confirmed I was awarded 1 year of constructive entry credit. I was also received the signed form that showed how it was calculated and agreed upon by the board.

I’ll be eligible for O2 at the end of the year.

Thanks for all the help!