• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 23 IWC DCO Reserve Board

jamal1825

The reason I ask is because I missed the last board in Sep 2022 and now I am waiting to be scheduled for the community interview. Hopefully soon in couple of weeks would be good.
I believe the deadline to submit the package is Feb 17th. If you can do your interviews over the next week or two, you should be straight.

IWC2022

Hello all,
Congrats to all selectees and for those who did not make it this time around, do not give up, and continue to press on.
On a different note: Has anyone received any COMDOCs so far. It is kind of a pain to bug the OR on a monthly bases and not getting any updates.
I am currently a drilling SELRES. I was PR’ed on the 19Sep2022 IWC DCO Board from .
Received Welcome Aboard Letter 30Nov2022
I have not heard any updates regarding the scrolling or COMDOCs. Currently following this board https://www.airwarriors.com/community/threads/fy-22-iwc-dco-reserve-board.47914/post-1090579
No updates since I got selected for the 1835 in Sept board (notified of the result in late Oct).
I am a non-prior service individual - I have received neither the Welcome Letter nor the COMDOC (are they different? If they are, is the welcome letter delivered only to SELRES?).
I assumed that we would be receiving the COMDOC in January. My to-be Assistant OIC believes it could take longer.

Last edited:

RJS

No updates since I got selected for the 1835 in Sept board (notified of the result in late Oct).
I am a non-prior service individual - I have received neither the Welcome Letter nor the COMDOC (are they different? If they are, is the welcome letter delivered only to SELRES?).
I assumed that we would be receiving the COMDOC in January. My to-be Assistant OIC believes it could take longer.
For the most part, receipt of COMDOCs can range from just a few weeks to months. From what I've seen, it has consistently been within the range of 3-6 months. There could have been delays due to the holiday period. Take note that not everyone will have the same experience with getting their COMDOCs. Just to give you a baseline:

Application begin: 12 November 2021
Board Convened: 16 June 2022
Notified of selection: 28 June 2022
COMDOCs received: 9 September 2022
Commissioned: 15 September 2022
INDOC: 19 November 2022
First DWE: Tomorrow
ODS: 2 April - 5 May 2023

In between these dates, there's a ton you'll have to do. CAC card, paperwork, uniforms (if access to the base), etc. Remain patient with your OR and consider his workload with other applicants, training, etc. No issues with pinging him every 2-3 weeks. However, know that they don't control everything. Hope this helps ease your mind a bit.

warthog_az

Hello all,
Congrats to all selectees and for those who did not make it this time around, do not give up, and continue to press on.
On a different note: Has anyone received any COMDOCs so far. It is kind of a pain to bug the OR on a monthly bases and not getting any updates.
I am currently a drilling SELRES. I was PR’ed on the 19Sep2022 IWC DCO Board from .
Received Welcome Aboard Letter 30Nov2022
I have not heard any updates regarding the scrolling or COMDOCs. Currently following this board https://www.airwarriors.com/community/threads/fy-22-iwc-dco-reserve-board.47914/post-1090579
I received mine last week and was sworn in this week, now just waiting to drill. I am sure you will hear soon.

jmald10

@IWC2022 congrats to you.
The Welcome Aboard Letter is like an unofficial letter containing the Chain of Command POC and OIC info, basically. We have to make it through the Scrolling process, which seems to be very complicated and long. I think I am somewhere in 3,4,5,6. Someone with more experience can confirm if this is accurate and add comments as needed, but from what I understood the process goes as follows:
  1. PR’ed by the board
  2. Welcome Aboard Letter sent by OIC with details about your unit COC.
  3. Scrolling
  4. Section 3 DCO Checklist, for enlisted SELRES - CO’s recommendation.
  5. RRA
  6. DD-368
  7. Any additional docs required by the NRC
  8. NRC issues the COMDOCs/FINSEL letter
  9. PERS-8 issues the Officer’s Oath.
  10. Start drilling with your unit (from the Welcome Aboard Letter) and working on scheduling ODS.
Navy Recruiting Command = NRC
Final Selection = (FINSEL) letter
Professionally Recommended = PR’ed

IWC2022

@IWC2022 congrats to you.
The Welcome Aboard Letter is like an unofficial letter containing the Chain of Command POC and OIC info, basically. We have to make it through the Scrolling process, which seems to be very complicated and long. I think I am somewhere in 3,4,5,6. Someone with more experience can confirm if this is accurate and add comments as needed, but from what I understood the process goes as follows:
  1. PR’ed by the board
  2. Welcome Aboard Letter sent by OIC with details about your unit COC.
  3. Scrolling
  4. Section 3 DCO Checklist, for enlisted SELRES - CO’s recommendation.
  5. RRA
  6. DD-368
  7. Any additional docs required by the NRC
  8. NRC issues the COMDOCs/FINSEL letter
  9. PERS-8 issues the Officer’s Oath.
  10. Start drilling with your unit (from the Welcome Aboard Letter) and working on scheduling ODS.
Navy Recruiting Command = NRC
Final Selection = (FINSEL) letter
Professionally Recommended = PR’ed
I have not received the Welcome Aboard Letter. Should I ask that to my recruiter or Assistant OIC?

IWC2022

I have not received the Welcome Aboard Letter. Should I ask that to my recruiter or Assistant OIC?
Nvm, my unit forgot to send the Letter... lol

Here is an update:

- My NRC unit forgot to send the Welcome Letter to me, which was issued in November last year.
- I provided the sequencing list that @jmald10 provided to both my recruiter and AOIC. I realized that there is a discrepancy: Recruiter says I am around step 8 and NRC AOIC believes that I am on step 3. I informed them of the situation and the recruiter is sending the RRA to the AOIC today.

Guys, this is what I feared. the miscommunication causing paperwork to be stuck somewhere. Oh well. It is moving.

Last edited: