• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 23 IWC DCO Reserve Board

Morivelle

I would ask my CO from what document he/she is getting that information, considering the INTEL PA literally says "Being a dual citizen (i.e. a U.S. citizen and a citizen of another country) is not necessarily disqualifying. Associated risks to national security will be determined on a case-bycase basis, refer to ICD 704."

In fact, this means that you can qualify as a candidate for Int Officer, but once selected you must give up your second citizenship.
I was confirmed during my border interview when an O-5 who had Italian origins he told me that he could not apply for Italian citizenship because if he did he would lose his SC.

vickey0070

Does the security clearance investigation process starts after selection is made or is it before selection ? I just submitted my SF 86 and it is with the OR now.

number9

Contributor
In fact, this means that you can qualify as a candidate for Int Officer, but once selected you must give up your second citizenship.
I was confirmed during my border interview when an O-5 who had Italian origins he told me that he could not apply for Italian citizenship because if he did he would lose his SC.
Nothing in that document says you must give up a 2nd citizenship. Dual citizenship is handled on a case-by-case basis. If you're happy to give up your Italian citizenship, that's fine, I will stop harping on this point :)

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Nothing in that document says you must give up a 2nd citizenship. Dual citizenship is handled on a case-by-case basis. If you're happy to give up your Italian citizenship, that's fine, I will stop harping on this point :)

The renouncing dual citizenship piece / requirement after PROREC comes from the Navy Recruiting Manual.

vickey0070

I was interviewed by Counter-Intelligence agents the first week of October.
Thank you. My application will go to board in March 2023 for IWC DCO. I want to avoid any delays and be responsible to put together my package, at the end it will be up to the board members. Sf86 hopefully will not take long. Any tips would be appreciated.

number9

Contributor
It’s either the recruiting manual or in the checklist. I’ve always had to have dual cit applicants renounce it after PROREC in order to receive a final select.
My experience was different. I'm not trying to be a contrarian on purpose, I'm just trying to make sure OP has differing perspectives.

exNavyOffRec

My experience was different. I'm not trying to be a contrarian on purpose, I'm just trying to make sure OP has differing perspectives.
The recruiting manual has very specific requirements for renouncing and some countries have you jump through hoops to renounce, it basically comes down to if the person wants the position or not.

I have also seen those who lost or had their clearance removed when it was found out a person was actually a dual citizen. Those things have slipped by now and then for the enlisted guys.

Morivelle

In fact, I have a friend in the US Air Force, 1LT pilot who had dual Italian citizenship, when they found out that he still had Italian citizenship he had to give up citizenship or his command would have started the separation process.