• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 2013 IDC Boards

Charlie M

Appreciate it barlowdt. I'm sure you will not be far behind on COMDOCS.

No DCOIC date yet. Obtaining a date is likely a self-serve thing (like most of the Reserve). I'm guessing I'd need to be in the system (NSIPS and who knows what else) as an O-1 before graining access to eNTRS (here's the link from the DCOIC site). Will likely try again in a couple weeks.

I've been hammering on this IDC DCO thing intensely for two years, so I'm at a point I just want to soak it all in and chill a bit. :)
Congrats OHNavy. Although Igot my PQ letter and cleareance taken care of days after the board I am yet to receive mine, here's to hurry up and wait:confused:

OHNavy

Truckin'
Signed everything in and swore in today. My Master Chief was present for the oath which made it extra special. Feels good to be wearing the NWUs with a little gold on 'em. A lot of work ahead me, but I'm honored to have the opportunity.

To those out there still pursuing a commission, stay motivated to improve. I was in your shoes not long ago reading about IDC selects and wishing it was me. I don't want to repeat too much of what is already on this forum, however I feel targeting the following areas pushed me over the top: advanced degree, IDC-related active duty, technical certs and foreign culture/language experience.

For Navy SELRES out there, keep an eye out for the UNITAS exercises (PAC and LANT). Great experience.

Keep hammering at it! Yell if I can offer any other personal insight.

LCD

Signed everything in and swore in today. My Master Chief was present for the oath which made it extra special. Feels good to be wearing the NWUs with a little gold on 'em. A lot of work ahead me, but I'm honored to have the opportunity.

To those out there still pursuing a commission, stay motivated to improve. I was in your shoes not long ago reading about IDC selects and wishing it was me. I don't want to repeat too much of what is already on this forum, however I feel targeting the following areas pushed me over the top: advanced degree, IDC-related active duty, technical certs and foreign culture/language experience.

For Navy SELRES out there, keep an eye out for the UNITAS exercises (PAC and LANT). Great experience.

Keep hammering at it! Yell if I can offer any other personal insight.

Awesome. You have to be very proud of the accomplishment.

I am hoping to swear-in on the 13th or 16th. Betting on my COMDOCS getting here in the prescribed 10 days. Planning a small ceremony in khakis and wetting-down with family and friends. As a former Marine, it's going to be cool/different to someday deploy on ship as an officer, instead of an enlisted grunt.

PapaK

Here we go again, March is coming up. Updated my packet, collecting new LORs completed a training program for Project Management. Hoping for better results. Fair Winds and Following Seas, everyone.

Im not applying this March. I will be applying again in September. Im starting a Masters program in Applied Information Technology from George Mason University and I want to have a couple of classes finished by the time I apply. I did manage to get a few more technical certifications in as well. I think September will be my time.

I am applying for the first time this March. I am very excited! Based on the recent selection demographics, my recruiter seems to think I have a very good chance. This will be my 3rd try to put on bars. I had previously applied to the Naval Academy as well as STA-21.

The only problem that I am having is trying to get through medical. They want further evidence of post op exams for my laser eye surgery and deviated septum surgery. This is frustrating because I am already a drilling reservist who is fit for duty; but that isnt good enough for MEPS.

Also, I dont have a lot of contacts that can provide me with LORs. So I am kind of struggling with that. Other than that though, my package is looking good!

exNavyOffRec

I am applying for the first time this March. I am very excited! Based on the recent selection demographics, my recruiter seems to think I have a very good chance. This will be my 3rd try to put on bars. I had previously applied to the Naval Academy as well as STA-21.

The only problem that I am having is trying to get through medical. They want further evidence of post op exams for my laser eye surgery and deviated septum surgery. This is frustrating because I am already a drilling reservist who is fit for duty; but that isnt good enough for MEPS.

Also, I dont have a lot of contacts that can provide me with LORs. So I am kind of struggling with that. Other than that though, my package is looking good!

You should be going through your local NOSC, any recruiter that sends a drilling reservist thru MEPS is not looking after the candidates best interest.

You should be going through your local NOSC, any recruiter that sends a drilling reservist thru MEPS is not looking after the candidates best interest.

How would I accomplish this through my NOSC? I went to my NOSC medical and they said that they dont regularly have a doctor on staff who can sign off on my paperwork.

I have another question for the forum.. It looks like people who made it off of the September board knew if they were selected or not the day after the board concluded; is this correct? If I am applying for the March board, when could I expect to find out if I was a select or not?

das

Contributor
I have another question for the forum.. It looks like people who made it off of the September board knew if they were selected or not the day after the board concluded; is this correct? If I am applying for the March board, when could I expect to find out if I was a select or not?

Yes, the results are "known" as soon as the board is concluded, however it takes about a day or so for the results to be promulgated to CNRC, the NRDs, and the IDC and IW/CT Community leadership. Most people find out by the end of the week of the board, or early the next week at the latest. Invariably there is always some recruiter who gives the candidate a line of BS about how the results "won't be ready for a while"...the results for DCO boards are ALWAYS known the second the board is complete. What most people do is keep an eye out for the first person to say they have heard (which means the results have made it to the recruiters' systems), and start bugging your recruiter.

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Most people find out by the end of the week of the board, or early the next week at the latest. Invariably there is always some recruiter who gives the candidate a line of BS about how the results "won't be ready for a while"...the results for DCO boards are ALWAYS known the second the board is complete.
Yeah, I'm still waiting for results from a board at the end of November 2012. Sometimes there are good reasons for not releasing the information ASAP.

das

Contributor
Yeah, I'm still waiting for results from a board at the end of November 2012. Sometimes there are good reasons for not releasing the information ASAP.

I should clarify and say I am speaking only about the DCO board process and results -- other kinds of boards may have varying lengths of time to wait.

Bam Bam

FTS AMDO
Yes, the results are "known" as soon as the board is concluded, however it takes about a day or so for the results to be promulgated to CNRC, the NRDs, and the IDC and IW/CT Community leadership. Most people find out by the end of the week of the board, or early the next week at the latest. Invariably there is always some recruiter who gives the candidate a line of BS about how the results "won't be ready for a while"...the results for DCO boards are ALWAYS known the second the board is complete. What most people do is keep an eye out for the first person to say they have heard (which means the results have made it to the recruiters' systems), and start bugging your recruiter.

das,
Thanks for your post. The board for AMDO met on Monday and i'm waiting on the results. Your info on the process flow is very helpful.

shiner237

I just sent over all of the updates needed for my March package along with my first reconsideration letter to my OR. I know it’s a little early. I just wanted to try and forego the last minute jumping through hoops that went on a week before the last board’s deadline.

Messiah62

Well my Spring 2013 package is all finished and ready to be sent to the board. This is my 3rd time applying for IW/IP so hopefully I get picked up. I will be finishing my Masters of Science in Cyber Security in August so hopefully that will help. I am also starting to work on studying for the CISSP. Good luck all.