• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 2013 IDC Boards

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Well my Spring 2013 package is all finished and ready to be sent to the board. This is my 3rd time applying for IW/IP so hopefully I get picked up. I will be finishing my Masters of Science in Cyber Security in August so hopefully that will help. I am also starting to work on studying for the CISSP. Good luck all.
Have you considered INTEL? You can easily re-designate to IP/IW after you are in the Reserve and after you are a fully-qualified Intel officer.

FM63

How does an arrest for shoplifting, as a kid over 20 years ago, affects my chance of getting picked up? The charges were dropped and it has not had any negative effect on me gaining my current clearance oreover, it was a striking turning point in my life.

Can you become an officer with a 20 year old record? Or is it an automatic disqualification regardless of intelligence experience, education, STRONG LORs from O-6s and Directors, proven leadership, and active clearance? How heavy would a dropped charge weigh in with the whole person approach?

PapaK

FM63, your NASIS sf-86 will only go back as far as 7 years or 10 years depending on the record. Disclose if asked. If not, move forward. Fair Winds.

PapaK

Packet complete and submitted. Fair Winds and Following Seas to all applying. Hopefully we'll see you around the fleet.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
How does an arrest for shoplifting, as a kid over 20 years ago, affects my chance of getting picked up? The charges were dropped and it has not had any negative effect on me gaining my current clearance oreover, it was a striking turning point in my life.

Can you become an officer with a 20 year old record? Or is it an automatic disqualification regardless of intelligence experience, education, STRONG LORs from O-6s and Directors, proven leadership, and active clearance? How heavy would a dropped charge weigh in with the whole person approach?
I think you will be fine. Part of being picked up is your ability to obtain a clearance, which is why the DCO app asks security related questions: they determine your ability to get a clearance.

A 20 year old offense, IMHO, is not an issue.

If you want a professional opinion, head over to ClearanceJobsBlog and pay the $65 fee for a consultation.

As others have said: full-disclosure is key.

PapaK

Does anyone have any idea of how long medical waiver requests take? I have all the documents necessary. I just need to know how long it takes.

OHNavy

Truckin'
Does anyone have any idea of how long medical waiver requests take? I have all the documents necessary. I just need to know how long it takes.

When it comes to waivers, there appears to be a wide range of timeframes (days to months).

My personal experience with a GERD waiver was likely on the shorter end. It took around a week for N3M to approve my waiver after I submitted my documents.

Depending on the medical condition, documentation provided, N3M queue, etc., timeframes likely vary.

Good luck PapaK!

Tomorrow is the deadline to submit for the March 2013 boards! Good luck everybody! This will be my first time up.

hopeful_one

Cryptologic Warfare Officer
Anyone can ask any Officer if he or she would be willing to conduct an interview. There are a couple of caveats to this:

- it can be frowned upon for a currently drilling enlisted reservist to ask senior officers for this accommodation outside of the chain of command and/or your recruiter
- you generally don't want to "go around" someone who is helping you (i.e., your recruiter)

In my case, my recruiter was supportive, and I arranged five of my own interviews just by asking. No one I asked said no, and all were happy to do it.
das - question about this post from a few months back. If I were to arrange my own interviews by IW Officers I know through my civilian job, can these interviews take the place of the panel interviews? Or do they just get submitted in addition to the panel's score sheets as well? Thanks!