• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 2013 IDC Boards

OHNavy

Truckin'
An Intel select from SEP. Select letter is dated 25 OCT 12. Knocked out everything I can (medical, already have a TS, etc.).

My recruiter thinks my COMDOCS will be here late NOV or early DEC. He's been on the ball from day one.

Best of luck and Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

barlowdt

Just to give ya'll a bit of a timeline, I had everything submitted by October 23rd (Did the security clearance paperwork, thumbprints, got my approval from N3M...) So it took a little bit less than a month to get my final select letter after all the paperwork was submitted. A couple of weeks ago I was also told where my billet was going to be. Hopefully I get my comdocs within 10 days!

May I also just say that if you are NE Ohio and are thinking about becoming a navy officer, the recruiting office in Cleveland is phenomenal. The civilian working in that office is fantastic to work with - I've had a lot of hiccups(all medical) on this path to becoming a navy officer and she was always quick to figure out a solution!

LCD

An Intel select from SEP. Select letter is dated 25 OCT 12. Knocked out everything I can (medical, already have a TS, etc.).

My recruiter thinks my COMDOCS will be here late NOV or early DEC. He's been on the ball from day one.

Best of luck and Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

When did you complete your medical? Did you go to MEPS prior to selection or afterwards? If after the board, how long/timeframe?

Congrats and Happy Thanksgiving.

kurowashi9

All,

I will be happy to share my experiences good and bad, and give any gouge or tips that may help someone get to where they need to be in this process. I was selected for commission September 2012 (3rd time) and I have prior enlisted experience of over 12 years. Just le me know.

OHNavy

Truckin'
When did you complete your medical? Did you go to MEPS prior to selection or afterwards? If after the board, how long/timeframe?

Congrats and Happy Thanksgiving.

MEPS on 24 OCT (after the selection board). Medical slowed down because I needed a waiver for mild GERD.

LCD

All,

I will be happy to share my experiences good and bad, and give any gouge or tips that may help someone get to where they need to be in this process. I was selected for commission September 2012 (3rd time) and I have prior enlisted experience of over 12 years. Just le me know.

Just trying to get an idea of wait times; when did you complete MEPS etc. and receive your final select letter and COMDOCS?

Thanks.

exNavyOffRec

Just so you all know when it comes to DCO's they count for the NRD when you swear in, what that means is during the early part of the FY NRC doesn't have a sense of urgency but as it gets close to the end of the FY things can happen at light speed so they can make goal, so if you get a timeline answer from someone that commissioned in September it very well may be different than someone that commissioned in say May.

yingty01

Just trying to get an idea of wait times; when did you complete MEPS etc. and receive your final select letter and COMDOCS?

Avoid MEPS if you are able to. I had my medical work performed by my primary physician as well as a local clinic that did some of the other diagnostics (blood tests, eye and hearing, etc.) I paid a few bucks out of pocket, but nothing crazy and I believe this accelerated my timetable considerably.

OHNavy

Truckin'
Agree on avoiding MEPS if possible. In my case, after trying to do medical at the NOSC, was told to complete it through MEPS.

MEPS is a good time if you have never been before and you get a free lunch out of the deal. ;)

BTW, my COMDOCS came in today. Gonna swing by the OR's office to sign and swear in this week.

Rough timeline: IDC board selected in SEP, select letter and MEPS last week of OCT and COMDOCS last week of NOV.

barlowdt

BTW, my COMDOCS came in today. Gonna swing by the OR's office to sign and swear in this week.

Congrats OHNavy! Hope this means that my comdocs will be pushed through in a similarly quick fashion. :) Have you already received a DCOIC date?

exNavyOffRec

Avoid MEPS if you are able to. I had my medical work performed by my primary physician as well as a local clinic that did some of the other diagnostics (blood tests, eye and hearing, etc.) I paid a few bucks out of pocket, but nothing crazy and I believe this accelerated my timetable considerably.

MEPS can be a pain, but with civilian docs it is 50/50, about half of the physicals we would send to N3M to get people cleared would get rejected because some additional item was needed or not filled out right.

Drilling reservist are in nearly all cases not allowed to go to MEPS without special arrangements.

OHNavy

Truckin'
Have you already received a DCOIC date?

Appreciate it barlowdt. I'm sure you will not be far behind on COMDOCS.

No DCOIC date yet. Obtaining a date is likely a self-serve thing (like most of the Reserve). I'm guessing I'd need to be in the system (NSIPS and who knows what else) as an O-1 before graining access to eNTRS (here's the link from the DCOIC site). Will likely try again in a couple weeks.

I've been hammering on this IDC DCO thing intensely for two years, so I'm at a point I just want to soak it all in and chill a bit. :)