• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 2013 IDC Boards

AgLawman

Heard from Recruiter today, he has been TAD in Millington since the fifth. Happily, he found my oath of office up there and brought it back to Jacksonville with him. I am planning to stop by there to do the desk side swear in so he can complete my affiliation paperwork and get set up to start drilling in June. ;)

AgLawman

Swore in yesterday at the Jacksonville NRD with my recruiter. He is currently trying to set up a pinning ceremony on a local ship out of Mayport. He had my Oath of Office and my ComDocs in hand. He is saying that my signed oath of office form will be sent to the ladies up at pers9 which is a step toward being gained by my reserve unit. He is still anticipating that I should be gained and drilling by sometime in June. :)

P3toP8

Swore in yesterday at the Jacksonville NRD with my recruiter. He is currently trying to set up a pinning ceremony on a local ship out of Mayport. He had my Oath of Office and my ComDocs in hand. He is saying that my signed oath of office form will be sent to the ladies up at pers9 which is a step toward being gained by my reserve unit. He is still anticipating that I should be gained and drilling by sometime in June. :)

Congrats!

das

Contributor
Congrats to all who are commissioning! Now comes the real journey...welcome aboard and don't hesitate to reach out!

P3toP8

AgLawman

Congrats to all who are commissioning! Now comes the real journey...welcome aboard and don't hesitate to reach out!

Thank you Das for your continued willingness to share insight and information for the rest of us. I can certainly say I have benefited immensely from your postings. Can you give me some insight into what my first drill/ indoctrination weekend will look like, or point me to a thread that may have current info?

Thirteen

AgLawman - congrats! I swore in today, and I imagine we're equally as excited about embarking on our the journey. Great to hear about the DCOIC dates being announced. I don't have access yet but will call my recruiter. Hope to have access soon and set a date ASAP.

Das - your insights have been tremendously useful through the process. Thank you for that, and I hope to touch base soon.

das

Contributor
Thank you Das for your continued willingness to share insight and information for the rest of us. I can certainly say I have benefited immensely from your postings. Can you give me some insight into what my first drill/ indoctrination weekend will look like, or point me to a thread that may have current info?

Your first drill weekend is probably INDOC at your NOSC. Think of it as "new employee orientation" for the Navy Reserve. They just go through the basics of how things work, and the specifics of how things are handled at that NOSC. It will be a mix of prior and non-prior service, former active duty, reservists transferring to that NOSC, etc.

Make an effort to reach out to the CO, XO, and SEL of your unit to introduce yourself, which you can find once you get your CAC at https://private.navyreserve.navy.mil or via your NOSC.

You can figure out when you are eligible for a CAC by trying to log in to http://www.mynavyexchange.com or https://uniforms.nexweb.org...once it "works", you know that you're "in the system", and you can actually go to any CAC (DEERS/RAPIDS) site, anywhere (usually by appointment), and get your CAC: http://www.dmdc.osd.mil/rsl/ (I had my first CAC picture in a business suit, since I had no uniforms yet.)

Recommend you also review the information in this Welcome Aboard package put together by another IDC JO... http://www.valentino-tech.com/download/Welcome-Aboard-2012-12-08.zip

lost_in_asia

A quick question for you guys on the forum. I have arranged an additional interview / evaluation by an officer in the IDC community to submit with my package. For those of you who have done this before, did you have the officer fill out the DD 370 or did you use another form?

AgLawman

Does anyone have any gouge on how long it may take NRC to send the actual Gain Letter from the time of swearing in? I swore in on May 16 at the local recruiting district office. My OR stated that he would put the signed oath of office with the package and send to PERS9 and that I could expect an actual letter from them after it goes to Manpower and I am Gained. Going on 6 weeks later and still nothing. I continue to try to shortcuts like signing in to use the online Navy Exchange to see if my info is in DEERS yet, but still no luck.

Has anyone else that was selected in March started drilling yet?

Thirteen

AgLawman,

I swore in within a day or so of you and am in the same boat. Granted, I would have had my first drill (INDOC) this weekend but there was some confusion with where exactly I'd be drilling (long story) and that delayed my process and gain. I have been told to expect mid-July but details are still murky. Very much looking forward to getting off the starting line (as I'm sure you are) but am remaining patient.

P3toP8

I spoke with someone at PERS 9 and they stated that the priority is all the academy grads and that we are a low priority. I received my final select letter weeks ago and still haven't received my oath.