• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 2013 IDC Boards

AgLawman

Thirteen,

Did you receive a final Gain letter? When I spoke to my OR, he stated that he had still not heard back from NRC. I called PERS9 a couple of times, but every time I do, I end up with someone different, all saying something different.

Thirteen

Messiah - congrats! I'm hoping to get to DCOIC asap, but still waiting... How have your drills been thus far?

AgLawman - I have not received a final Gain letter yet; there was some confusion with the exact unit I'd be drilling with and that pushed things back. I have, now, been introduced to my unit CO and the gain process is underway. Just this weekend was able to log onto mynavyexchange.com for the first time (thanks everyone who suggested that as something we could check in on). Expecting my gain to be fully processed this week or at the latest early next week so I can attend INDOC the weekend of 13/14 July.

Purchased most of my uniforms and have been waiting on the Brooks Brothers DB to arrive in my size (yep, I went that route). They should be here tomorrow!

Could not be more pleased with the process and with everyone who has helped me get this far, shared information, etc.

On another note, front page article on Washington Post last week about USIS, the govt contractor that does many of our security clearances, is under serious scrutiny because they granted Edward Snowden his TS and their practices have been wanting (to say the least) and maybe much worse. I very much hope that doesn't throw a wrench in our process...

VR-AM2

I will be heading to Newport from Dec 01-13. I'll try to get into one of the earlier classes, but for now, they are all full.

I'll also attend INDOC 13/14 July. Can't wait for all the fun activities like Urinalysis and lots of Power Points:). Hopefully it will be rather painless. Being prior service, I'm already in the system, have a CAC card and everything I need. It should be easy for the NOSC to gain me into their system. I am curious to find out where I will be drilling. I'm assigned to the NOSC and another unit.

Overall, I am very pleased with the process, even though it took a year and a half to get my package to board. Obviously the recruiter knew what she was doing. It took a while to make the package perfect, but in the end I was selected on my first try. Everything went really fast after selection because it had been taken care of beforehand. Even getting some forms from the VA only took a week or so.

AgLawman

Ball is finally rolling again, I think. Touched base with OR on Monday by email, he responded today by sending me a copy of affiliation paperwork. I took a chance and reached out to NOSC this afternoon and they responded that they also received affiliation packet this morning from OR. Was told that the information will be input by middle of next week and I should show up in DEERs by the following week.

Thirteen, thankfully my background was adjudicated last November after my first board, so hopefully I won't have to worry about the Snowden fiasco. :cool:

P3toP8

Anyone know what's needed (m guess is the service agreement) to get an ID card? I had acess to NSIPS and checked after I sent in my Oath and it reflect my updated rank.

das

Contributor
Anyone know what's needed (m guess is the service agreement) to get an ID card? I had acess to NSIPS and checked after I sent in my Oath and it reflect my updated rank.

If your updated rank is reflected and you have your current CAC, you can also check http://milconnect.dmdc.mil as that is the same source of information used by the folks who issue CACs. NSIPS is separate. If MilConnect reflects your updated information, then you can go to any site on http://www.dmdc.osd.mil/rsl/ to get a CAC. Call your nearest site to check if they need an appointment scheduled, and what information you should bring with you.

For all non-prior/non-current service, you can also get a CAC this way...one trick to see if you're "in the system" is to try to log in to https://uniforms.nexweb.org -- once that works, you can go to any CAC site, even non-Navy, and get your CAC issued.

P3toP8

If your updated rank is reflected and you have your current CAC, you can also check http://milconnect.dmdc.mil as that is the same source of information used by the folks who issue CACs. NSIPS is separate. If MilConnect reflects your updated information, then you can go to any site on http://www.dmdc.osd.mil/rsl/ to get a CAC. Call your nearest site to check if they need an appointment scheduled, and what information you should bring with you.

For all non-prior/non-current service, you can also get a CAC this way...one trick to see if you're "in the system" is to try to log in to https://uniforms.nexweb.org -- once that works, you can go to any CAC site, even non-Navy, and get your CAC issued.

Thanks for the info! Milconnect still shows my old rank, I'll keep checking it.

Thirteen

Das - thanks for the great info. I've been able to log onto the uniforms page for a while but checking and registering at MilConnect is great info. Rank and registration showing up accurately. It looks like I'm all set to go get my CAC this week and avoid any hassles of showing up for indoc without it next weekend. Thanks again!

navyscooter

Hi all. I'm a non-prior that recently received (March '13 Boards) a DCO commission to become an Intel Officer (designator 1835). Do any of you know if it's possible for me to do the 5-month AD NIOBC program instead of completing the course on weekends for 18 months? If so, is it something that's relatively easy to do or is there a long wait list?

Thanks ahead of time for any insight you can provide

Thirteen

Navyscooter - congratulations on your selection. I have been dealing with the same question - this weekend in fact. The opportunity was there for me to attend the AD NIOBC but since one needs to attend DCOIC first - and the next available DCOIC class isn't until January - I would have to wait until at least March to start the active component instead of the reserve component, which I am scheduled to begin in September. Others may have different experience, but that's what I can tell you. Good luck!

navyscooter

Thirteen - congrats to you as well and thanks for the prompt response. I have INDOC next weekend (JUL 13-14) and if possible I'll ask if there's anyway to get the DCOIC appointement fast-tracked. I would assume that you can't apply for a spot in AD NIOBC if you've already started with the reserve version beforehand.

Fronch

OCS 03-15 (IW)
Navyscooter and Thirteen: Please let us know what you find out on this. I'm going up for the September board and, if selected, will also be interested in doing the 5-month course.

VR-AM2

Navyscooter and Thirteen - for each AD NIOBC class there are five seats for the reserve component and either 20 or 25 for AD. Last time I checked about two weeks ago, all seats were still open for any class in 2014.

You can check that out yourself and request a quota for the school. All you need is CANTRAC access, which is the system the training department is using to get you into the various schools. I got my seat in DCOIC school that way. If anyone is interested, PM me and I show you how to get access.

Thirteen

Navyscooter and Thirteen - for each AD NIOBC class there are five seats for the reserve component and either 20 or 25 for AD. Last time I checked about two weeks ago, all seats were still open for any class in 2014.

You can check that out yourself and request a quota for the school. All you need is CANTRAC access, which is the system the training department is using to get you into the various schools. I got my seat in DCOIC school that way. If anyone is interested, PM me and I show you how to get access.

Thanks for the info, VR. Since all DCOIC classes are full until at least January and I wouldn't be able to begin the AD component until after that, I am indeed going to commence the Reserve component. I will contact you soon about CANTRAC access, if you don't mind.

Fronch - good luck on your board, and your interviews if you have not had them yet. From my experience over the last few months, most I can say about the possibility of doing active duty NIOBIC is that yes, it is a possibility, but many factors will impact if that is the route you decide to go.