• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fy 11 sta 21 applicants

wernama

I have a question thats bothering me as of lately. Along with my STA-21 pacakge I put in a pacakge for recruiting duty. My recruiting duty pacakge required a waiver since the tattoo on my leg is visible in PT gear. The tattoo is within regs but, since recruiting duty is so strict to get into my waiver was denied by bupers. Will this affect my STA-21 package at all or am i just freakin out for nothing... My COC seems to think that they wont affect eachother so its allowed me to chill out a little but Id like to get a more solid answer. Thanks!

adaptive

I applied to the Special Warfare option this year. Anyone know of any post or information on SEALs that have applied? I have not even heard of anyone else submitting for this program, but maybe some of you have seen something I have not found. Thanks.

eengland90

Hey does anyone know anything about how the NROTC programs work at each school. I called Duke today just to ask and the receptionist said "As far as I know, nobody who's been in Duke NROTC has been STA-21. I think it's a money thing. Would you like the number to UNC instead?" Anyone else think that was beyond rude?

wannabeadoc

I applied to the Special Warfare option this year. Anyone know of any post or information on SEALs that have applied? I have not even heard of anyone else submitting for this program, but maybe some of you have seen something I have not found. Thanks.

I don't know anyone who has applied for this year. But many of the officers at my command are prior enlisted and got their commission through the Spec War option. From what I gather, as long as you have had good evals and have a good package, the chances for getting selected are pretty good. I know a couple on the East Coast too.

Does anyone know of someone who has applied to the Med Corps Option? I asked this a little while ago but got no responses which is surprising considering they usually receive over 100 apps a year.

timmyhoffa

FY-12 SWO/ED Selectee
Yeah, I haven't been able to get to it for a few days. I mentioned it while I was on the phone with Ed and he got to it with no issues. Guess they have it on an intranet there since they own the website.

PRICE311USN

(NAC/AW)
Today is the 65th anniversary of the Japanese surrender to the United States on board the mighty battleship USS Missouri. If battleships were still around, would it change your perspective on going SWO?

chk13

I am not sure who asked about the MED CORPS applicants but if you look at the fy11 stats and scores forum you will see that there are three listed on there if that helps.

cbaker

Kekio,

It is written in the STA-21 instruction that if you have not executed transfer orders by the time the Board convenes then we have to wait till the results come out. I am sure part of this is so the Navy doesn't waste money transferring sailors that are getting picked up for STA-21. This year I transferred from my command on the 5th of June. My ESO was not sure if I should transfer or if I should have to wait till the results come out. Needless to say my previous ESO said I am transferring before packages are even due and that little rule doesn't apply to me.

You on the other hand will not be allowed to transfer till the results come out. You need to sell to your command to make you part of the stay back crew. You will also need your skipper to get in contact with your detailer and tell him that you are applying for STA-21 and your orders will be in abeyance (I think that is how you spell it). You shouldn't be able to lose your orders and once the results come out (if they are unfortunately not in your favor) you should be able to get an order mod so you can take your transfer leave and such. If they come out in your favor then you will be staying at your command till some time next spring and will need to get accepted to your college and get everything else done that goes along with that.

Another little sidebar, my command mailed my package off on the 10th of June. One week later my package had been received and processed by STA-21. So if anyone is listening, GET YOUR PACKAGES IN EARLY NEXT YEAR. This is my 3rd time and that is the quickest turn around not to mention the easiest to put together.

cbaker

cbaker

One other thing I would like to interject. I understand everyone here wants to get selected. While I think some people’s intentions may be nobler than others, we all need to maintain a certain level of professionalism.

I watched some of our conversations on this forum get “nasty” and people were short with each other last year. We are all trying to be an Officer. As an Officer we are the base line for behavior in OUR Navy. Being overly critical, having a sharp tongue or just plain rude does not emulate the behavior or leadership we expect from our Officers. Not to mention, when we get into those ranks we will see that behavior like that does nothing to help us LEAD and INSPIRE our sailors and that is what we are suppose to do as an Officer.

These are just a few thoughts of mine and I hope no one takes these as me trying to be rude. I just think we need to try and emulate the behavior of what we want to become.