• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fy 11 sta 21 applicants

ansley

Anyone apply for the OCEANO option this year (not the SWO-Oceanography, just OCEANO)?

I'm applying for the Oceanography option this year as well! Good luck, it looks like you've got a strong package put together! I heard they are accepting 2 SWO-Oceanographers, and 4 OCEANO... so we'll see!

AZ2

I am looking for help with putting my STA-21 package together for FY12. Can someone who has gotten into the program help me out?

fy110cean

This is my 5th year applying in the STA-21 program, i was an alternate last year, so hopefully this will be my year. Good Luck to everyone!!

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
I am looking for help with putting my STA-21 package together for FY12. Can someone who has gotten into the program help me out?

Use between now and January to study the instruction (1420.1B), study for the ASTB/ACT (don't take the SAT), and write your personal letter. It also doesn't hurt to get an extra warfare pin or something : ) Good luck.

IrishSailor

6th year's a charm?
This is my 5th year applying in the STA-21 program, i was an alternate last year, so hopefully this will be my year. Good Luck to everyone!!

Wow, another 5th year guy in this group! Good luck man, I too hope that this is my year...If not, I suppose it's on to year number 6...

IrishSailor

6th year's a charm?
Irish-Have you begun applying to ERAU? If not, when do you plan to apply? Do you know if they tend to be easier on STA-21 selectees?

I applied after the selection results came out last year (as an alternate) and got their response and acceptance very quick. I would say that they are "easier" on STA-21 applicants because they are fast and very nice when handling your application. I also don't have the greatest pre-Navy college GPA (~0.41), but I was still accepted in their Aerospace Engineering program. Since I have an acceptance with them from last year, I hope that all I have to do is reapply and be good to go. Obviously I haven't talked to them yet, but I plan on talking to them here in the next couple of weeks so I can reapply with the hopes of getting selected this year. I hope that I answered your question to your satisfaction.

chk13

.41 wow, i thought that was a typo and you were an alternate. that gives so many of us hope. yes, that was all very helpful. It was my prior-navy gpa i was worried about. thank you again.

cbaker

Hello all, hopefully they don't make us wait till the middle of November like they did last year. Let's hope for an early release like say 01 October.

PRICE311USN

(NAC/AW)
Hello all, hopefully they don't make us wait till the middle of November like they did last year. Let's hope for an early release like say 01 October.

as long as they are out before the advancement results are i think we will be in good shape...speaking of which test is thursday, everyone ready??

ChrisLC710

FY10 Intel Alternate
Does anybody know why is it that you can't transfer to another command until the results come out? I am supposed to transfer to shore duty on October 1st, but the results dont come out until later that month. My command is deploying early in October, therefore, I am going on deplyoment just to find out if I made it? What if I do? I got to stay here onboard until February? Possibly May? What if I don't? Do I get to transfer to shore duty right away after the results come out? I am lost, any advice? Should I email or call Mr. Ed Stranton?
Thanks for your support

I had a similar problem last year, i was supposed to transfer in OCT and the results didn't come out until after i was supposed to transfer. My command didnt exactly do things right but there was some play in my orders because of a school and leave time built in allowed me to wait until the results came out. When i found out i was not selected (was an alternate) i transferred within two days. It was pretty screwed up because i had already moved out of my house and my hhg was already shipped but thats another story. What is supposed to happen is " If a transfer directive is received, the CO shall notify the orders originating authority [read detailer] that the individual has applied for STA-21 and that orders (cite Transaction Code number) are being held in abeyance until notification of selection or non-selection is received." then if you are selected your orders will be cancelled, if not then you will be transferred. Now whether you go on deployment with them or not is up to the command, it is their money if they have to send you back to carry out your orders. I don't see why they wouldn't just stash you somewhere TAD while they deployed though. Good Luck

BTW there is a nice paragraph in the 1420 pg 8-15 paragraph 8 that deals with this directly and thus the source of my quote.

ChrisLC710

FY10 Intel Alternate
Here is a question for everyone, why do you want to be an officer?

Germ, you live in Key West, man that must suck...

I want to be an officer so i can "more directly have a positive inpact on sailors lives" --something a cheif once told me to say (also known as "Shit my Chief Said")