• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fy 11 sta 21 applicants

LAX89

I have a stupid question....is there anyone out there that is a primary in Core that is not going to go through the program? I am an alternate and still want to be hopeful. :)

Also, does anyone know how they select the alternates if they are activated? Is it completely a surprise or do you find out the ranking? Thanks and congrats to those that made it.

I was an alternate last year for CORE and a few folks tried, with no luck, to get information on how they picked alternates, the ranking or something. The best advice I was given at the time was to get my paperwork in as soon as possible, because when it came own to it, it was going to be easier to send someone who had their stuff done and in order rather than someone who was still waiting on information from school or medical and what not. Good Luck!

MrsBerkO

FY-11 SWO Selectee
SELECTEE:

Berkheimer, Chelsey D IT! 9684 SWO

YAY!! Thats me!! I tossed and turned all night with sheer excitement after the results came out and my name was finally in the selctee section (Iwas a FY10 Alternate). Its so weird they came out at such a late hour... Oh well, Congrats to all the Selectees/Alternates. Keep Charging forward everyone else.

I'm right there with you man! I was an IW alternate last year and i significantly improved my package this year. Just to name a few, I have another LOR from a 3 Star ADM I work for, very high MP first FCPO eval, all EP's before hand (now with NO missing time), another LOR from the N2 CAPT i work for, and to top it off my CoS's recommendation was personal as i have worked for him indirectly for 5+ years at different commands. Basically i don't see how i can improve my package besides more school.... i guess if the others had a lot of college and decent packages then they could very well trump my killer package.

The thing to remember is we can't make plans betting we will be selected... if your not selected it will only make it worse...

I will have a little pitty party but as i always do, i will lace up my shoes, and continue the never ending sprint to the finish line of the next challenge... i WILL make it to the STA 21 finish line... i can't and won't give up now.

I am also right there with you. Alternate last year, nothing at all this year. I made first class, got ESWS and EAWS! Nothing much else I can do. I have 12 more classes for my bachelor's. I consider this my calling to OCS or civilian life.

I appreciate all of the positive outlooks, but lets be real; we are purely subject to a numbers/money game, whether that was a good thing in your particular option or not... You can have a mediocre package and get picked up in an option that few people apply for or be a rockstar in the top 5% but not make it cause of a 2% pick-up rate. Hard to find a positive in that...

PRICE311USN

(NAC/AW)
hey great job to everyone who made it, and thanks to those who made the process over the past month of waiting a little easier with the message traffic. I will be there with everyone else who didn't make it on the FY12 page...got to find some humor in this # game!!

CP

jriggs11784

Just got caught up and read the last few pages. I have pretty much been on a high since I found out that I got picked up for SWO/IP, but now I am kind of getting depressed for all of those that didn't make it after reading the last few pages. Keep your heads up fellas/ladies and keep on trying. What might be depressing this time around could easily be turned around next year with a feeling of celebration.

jriggs11784

For all of the Selectees.... If you log into the STA-21 website you can see when you are scheduled to attend NSI. (Under the Selection Status option---> then select View My Physical/Placement Information.

INFO SHOWN

Program Start Information

You are scheduled to report to Naval Science Institute on 20-FEB-11. Graduation date is 15-APR-11. You will receive official notification of your program start date via Navy letter. This information is available for preliminary planning purposes only.

wernama

I’m scheduled to attend the Feb NSI class as well. Congrats to everyone who was selected! For those who weren’t, keep pushing forward and your time will come.

chk13

I will ditto that....Congratulations everyone! I unfortunately did not make it this year. Those of you in the same boat (ha ha I said same boat and we are in the navy...lol) as me and are applying again next year look forward to conversing with you during FY12 cycle of package submittal and hurry up and waits...good luck to all of the alternates as your hopes are still an ember.

jriggs11784

I'm just going to assume that everyone's start date is set to 10 February, pending all of the required paperwork for the date to actually be solid.

Until someone tells me otherwise.

Mpower1999

killer boots man!
Made Alternate...If only I applied last year because not much changed with me from last year to this year. what if what if. Good luck to all that made primary and lets hope that for us alternates we get called up. How do we find out what our rank for alternates are? Anyone know if that is possible? I had a couple of people tell me they were # whatever alternate.

wernama

I would think that the date is solid as long as you turn in all required documents on time... Does anyone have a different date on their selection screen?

DGScott417

Just got off the phone with Ed at the STA-21 office and he verified there is only one NSI class this year and that it will convene on 20Feb2011 and graduation will be 15Apr2011.
Congrats to everyone!

I made primary core.

See you all at NSI!

Armbar

"Skewed for older "Sailors" ? really? How do you define "older?" Maybe skewed for proven leadership and experience. Maybe even more so in a year where they only select half of the normal STA-21 applications. I would put my money on the safer bet if it was my money. Certainly when there is only so much to be spent.

I agree, and when you see your Marine counterparts your opinion will be confirmed. The Marines MECEP program is almost exclusively E-5 and up, and ours is the same way for the most part. With Nukes and a few hot runners as obvious exceptions.