• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fy 11 sta 21 applicants

NatBull

Well, now that results are out and I did not get picked up for Intel I realize that I am releived. Congratulations to everyone that made it. Everything happens for a reason, and for me I think it helped me remember why I joined the Navy in the first place. This experience has been long and a very emotional rollercoaster. I doubt I will apply next year, but I will continue to succeed in the Navy and be an awesome Sailor. Every single person on that list or not is amazing and should be proud of the honor of being good enough to compete. I may not know you all but I am proud of you. Hopefully one day you will be my Skipper and I will be your CMC. That is where I belong. :)

IrishSailor

6th year's a charm?
Well, it would appear that becoming a nuclear officer is not in the cards for me...or becoming a sub officer at all...
On to FY12! What program? I don't know, but as long as they continue to reject me, I will continue to apply!

jriggs11784

Just got off the phone with Ed at the STA-21 office and he verified there is only one NSI class this year and that it will convene on 20Feb2011 and graduation will be 15Apr2011.
Congrats to everyone!

I made primary core.

See you all at NSI!

Thanks for the gouge. Good Stuff!

chk13

Those selectees for CEC, would you mind if I PM'd you with a few questions to see what a selected package looked like so I can do all I can do for next year.

kekio86

I emailed Mr. Ed Straten yesterday about my change in duty station. Honestly I was a little nervous because I know that I should not have transfer in the first place. He replied "Congratulations on your selection" and that since I was here in Pensacola, I should just walk in to his office and turn in my medical forms. That is pretty awesome i think! It will def expedite the process. I am also going to try to get my college forms to so I can just walk them in.

kekio86

One more thing, for all of you that are applying for a High-Cost University. How are you guys planning on paying the difference? For example, according to collegeboard.com, The University of San Diego is $37,378 annually. The book expenses are about $1600 annually too. I know what we are only entitled 10k annually. Are you guys applying for grants, loans, using the GI Bill? I don't think that you can use the G.I. Bill correct? Ohh man this is confusing.

kekio86

Nevermind, YES you can use your GI Bill.

In addition, the VA has authorized the use of the benefits (Chapter 30 of Title 38) to pay for courses after the service member's STA-21 funds are exhausted, as long as payment is for different courses and not combined to pay for the same course (please call 1-888 GI Bill 1 for additional info)

Shaun082k3

I was selected for the Nurse Corps. If anyone would like help for next years package you can PM me. If anyone is in San Diego and would like to bs about things let me know. See all selectees at NSI in February!

CTT1 D

ENS D
One more thing, for all of you that are applying for a High-Cost University. How are you guys planning on paying the difference? For example, according to collegeboard.com, The University of San Diego is $37,378 annually. The book expenses are about $1600 annually too. I know what we are only entitled 10k annually. Are you guys applying for grants, loans, using the GI Bill? I don't think that you can use the G.I. Bill correct? Ohh man this is confusing.

There are two options at USD. You can use your GI Bill to cover the tuition and use STA-21 money for books. Or the other option is a working grant made available by the University. USD covers the remaining tuition not covered by STA-21 and in return you work for Parking Services 8 hours a week writing tickets on campus.

The OCs I know at other expensive units had to rely on student loans.

That_1_Dud3

Congrats to all the people who were recently selected :) Hopefully I will join all of you soon within the next year or two (or three) Mind if I PM whoever made pilot? I am trying to figure out if I have the right ducks in a row and look forward to whatever advice I can get

vicariousrider

War Eagle!
Lessons :

1) Do not apply for sta-21 core option if you are below e5
2) Do not apply if you cannot max out on pre-board score
3) If you cannot apply for core probably not worth the time it takes
4) Sta-21 is skewed for older "sailors"

Another lesson to be learned: don't let this round discourage you. Pull together a new application, and set your mind to the task. There are plenty of young E4 Sailors that I've known (having just finished STA-21 myself, awaiting my transfer to Pensacola) that have been picked up for STA-21.

Some make it on the first shot. Others get picked up after the third or fourth submission. One person I knew in particular got picked up on his third try for NFO, was NPQ'd due to high blood pressure, and reapplied the next year.

What happened to him after he reapplied? He got picked up for core.

I know you're discouraged, probably pretty peeved about it, but if I may offer one suggestion, it's this: don't let the FY11 results hold you back.

Good luck on your next application and I hope you get selected FY12!

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
As the Battalion XO of Jacksonville University NROTC, congratulations to all of those who made it. If any of you are planning on attending JU, UNF, and/or FSCJ and have questions please feel free to PM me.

OC JLH

chk13

If any of the CEC primary or alternates are on AW please pm me to let me know who you are. I know your names but not your screen names. I only have a couple of questions so I can make my package stronger next year.