• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY-09 STA-21 Orders Received?

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
Hm, I have a question for you guys that have already re-enlisted. Are you fulfilling your orders or just fudging the numbers? The orders will cover out to 2012 at the latest, but they also include a clause that you are OBLISERV to February 2015. Is there something I'm missing or am I re-enlisting in February for no good reason?

We are required to have at least 6 years left on our contract before PCSing to RI. I'm not sure what you mean by "fulfilling your orders". Last week I did a 19 month extension which changed my EAOS to Feb 2015, or 6 years from reporting to BOOST/NSI. I don't think you will be re-enlisting for no good reason. You made it this far and I would hate to see any problems come up (for anybody) over something as minor as an extension or re-enlistment problem.

Stick

pilot
If you reenlist in January to take you out to 2015 then you have to do a one month extention to take it out to February 2015. I did that at PSD when I transfered. If the people at PSD are doing their job correctly they will see that you need to extend the one month and have the paperwork waiting for you. I would do what I did and tell they ahead of time so you don't get screwed somehow.

Depending on your EAOS you can just extend out to the February 2015 date.

jbuck387

Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool!
pilot
If you reenlist in January to take you out to 2015 then you have to do a one month extention to take it out to February 2015. I did that at PSD when I transfered. If the people at PSD are doing their job correctly they will see that you need to extend the one month and have the paperwork waiting for you. I would do what I did and tell they ahead of time so you don't get screwed somehow.

Depending on your EAOS you can just extend out to the February 2015 date.

I didn't think of that, so I just reenlisted till Jan 2010, I'm already checked out of the squadron and on xfer leave, you think I can just take care of it up in Rhode Island?

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
I didn't think of that, so I just reenlisted till Jan 2010, I'm already checked out of the squadron and on xfer leave, you think I can just take care of it up in Rhode Island?

Jan 2010! Hopefully you meant 2015. If not you are 5 years and 1 month off of where you need to be. We are not even allowed to transfer unless we have 6 years of service remaining. That was one of the requirements. Hopefully somebody on here can point you in the right direction, if not maybe you can call your prior commands PSD and check. Good luck! :confused:

With the extensions I believe the max amount of time allowed to extend is up to 24 months. I'm no expert when it comes to PSD stuff but I believe I remember hearing that when I was doing mine.

jbuck387

Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool!
pilot
yeah i meant 2015 sorry, I mean what will they really do if I get to NSI being 1 month off on my Feb 2015 commitment?

I haven't seen anything before now that indicated I had to enlist in order to transfer. My CCC just checked out, and this last month didn't do s***. So now I need to know where you're finding this information so I can show my chain of command to get the ball rolling. Any help would be awesome. Thanks

p.s. I still don't have my orders. They were requested on 6JAN09, about 11 working days ago.

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
I haven't seen anything before now that indicated I had to enlist in order to transfer. My CCC just checked out, and this last month didn't do s***. So now I need to know where you're finding this information so I can show my chain of command to get the ball rolling. Any help would be awesome. Thanks

p.s. I still don't have my orders. They were requested on 6JAN09, about 11 working days ago.

It states in the orders you will hopefully be getting this week that...

DETACHING COMMANDING OFFICER IS RESPONSIBLE TO CERTIFY/ENSURE:
A. MEMBER HAS A MINIMUM OBLIGATION OF 6 YEARS PRIOR TO EXECUTION OF THESE ORDERS.
B. ADVANCEMENT EXAMS ARE BE FORWARDED TO PSD NEWPORT, RI
(IF APPLICABLE).
C. MEMBERS WHO REENLIST/EXTEND TO OBTAIN OBLISERV FOR AN OFFICER PROGRAM ARE NOT ENTITLED TO SRB. FOR MEMBERS WHO WERE PREVIOUSLY ENTITLED TO SRB, ENSURE REMAINING SRB ENTITLEMENTS ARE SUSPENDED IN ACCORDANCE WITH OPNAVINST 1160.6A.
D. RECORD PAGE 13 ENTRY THAT MEMBER MEETS HEIGHT, WEIGHT, BODY
COMPOSITION STANDARDS, AND HAS PASSED THE LATEST PFA. FAILURE TO MEET PHYSICAL STANDARDS, OR INABILITY TO PASS THE PFA MAY
BE DISQUALIFYING FOR THIS OFFICER ACCESSION PROGRAM AND MUST BE REPORTED TO NSTC (OD2/STA-21) BY MESSAGE.

haubby

None
Contributor
PSD knows what all needs to be done. If you haven't done anything with regard to reenlistments they should/will have extension paperwork that you'll sign when you check out.

Stick

pilot
I haven't seen anything before now that indicated I had to enlist in order to transfer.

I am pretty sure you did that already if you were picked up for STA-21. I hope you mean RE-ENLIST.

Sorry if I sound like an ass but I am on painkillers right now that are working wonders for me.

DaveWilliams

FY09 INTEL SELECT
Is anyone else still waiting on orders?

Mine were requested on 07 Jan and I have yet to see them.

I called Chief Grantham about it and was told next week, but still supposed to transfer in JAN 09.

To make things worse, I am in Italy, so it's not so simple to just pack up and leave.

Can anyone tell me what the Report NET/NLT dates are on orders to NSI in Feb?

Also, if there are any major "must do" items in the orders that I might be able to get a jump on while I wait?

Any help is appreciated.

Navy_Brat_AT

I called Chief Grantham about it and was told next week, but still supposed to transfer in JAN 09.

To make things worse, I am in Italy, so it's not so simple to just pack up and leave.

Also, if there are any major "must do" items in the orders that I might be able to get a jump on while I wait?

Any help is appreciated.

The report NLT for BOOST is 20Feb. I am not sure about NSI.

If your degree plan and stuff isnt ready yet...do it.

Surfer727

-Is anyone else still waiting on orders?

Any help is appreciated.-

1. Degree Plans/Collegiate Acceptance Letter
2. Talk with CCC to arrange reenlistment/extension for obliserv (if applicable-NO SRB)
3. Get a Suitability Screening done with Medical
4. Start transfer package
5. Get PG13(s) signed for program option selection

So I sent an email to Mr. Straten this moring about not having my orders yet. He emailed the folks at BUPERs, and in about 5 minutes got a reply back from the YN1 saying that he had forgotten about me and hadn't written them yet. That's awesome!

So supposedly they're written today, but they still have to be released and signed by the admiral so I would wager that I'm looking at another week before I get them.

Gotta love BUPERS. Just my luck right? haha

p.s. yes you're right, I meant re-enlist

DaveWilliams

FY09 INTEL SELECT
Ok,

Well it seems like I have everything done. I have all the things that were required initially after selection. Just can't get anything started with PSD, Personal Property etc... without orders in hand.

I will have to see about the extension thing, but I think I should only need to add a couple years on my contract. But, I'm sure that they won't start that without the orders either. I guess I wait.

Thanks

-Is anyone else still waiting on orders?

Any help is appreciated.-

1. Degree Plans/Collegiate Acceptance Letter
2. Talk with CCC to arrange reenlistment/extension for obliserv (if applicable-NO SRB)
3. Get a Suitability Screening done with Medical
4. Start transfer package
5. Get PG13(s) signed for program option selection

Surfer727

You're right. Hurry up and wait! Good thing is, the majority of what you have left to do is relatively quick and painless as soon as BUPERS gets on the ball.

As far as the reenlistment/extension, if you still have your STA-21 congrats letter, your command should at least honor that and get you set up with a date.