• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY-09 STA-21 Orders Received?

AC1 FlyAlot

The extension letter is very, very easy. PSD should have it ready for you within a couple of hours. PSD in Corpus was freaking out when they found out that I only had two weeks left and they scurried along with everything. I can only imagine that they'll do the same for you - especially that you've only got about 4 weeks until your report date.

DaveWilliams

FY09 INTEL SELECT
The extension letter is very, very easy. PSD should have it ready for you within a couple of hours. PSD in Corpus was freaking out when they found out that I only had two weeks left and they scurried along with everything. I can only imagine that they'll do the same for you - especially that you've only got about 4 weeks until your report date.

PSD Naples has given me nothing but frustration. I went to them in early December to let them know my situation and forewarn them that I may be leaving in a hurry. But they still refuse to do anything without orders.

Even my command won't even let me start checking out without them.

Things here seem to work a little bit different, people have gotten to use to the European lifestyle and don't want to do anything in advance.

Well, hopefully Monday. Then I can get started.

br11183

FY-09 STA-21 SNA Selectee
Orders

I am still waiting on NOMI to clear me and do not have my orders to BOOST yet. What is everyone doing with their HHG (household goods)? Just having the moving companies put them in storage? I have a house full of furniture and the such and will be PCSing to RI but will be living in the barracks since I am a single guy. Just trying to get gauge on itm since I will be jumping through hoops when I finally do get my orders.

Surfer727

-I am still waiting on NOMI to clear me and do not have my orders to BOOST yet. What is everyone doing with their HHG (household goods)? Just having the moving companies put them in storage? I have a house full of furniture and the such and will be PCSing to RI but will be living in the barracks since I am a single guy. Just trying to get gauge on itm since I will be jumping through hoops when I finally do get my o-rders.-

You can set up a HHG move to RI. They come to your place, pack your stuff for you, put it in a truck, ship it to RI, and store it for the duration- for free. When you graduate BOOST/NSI and have orders in hand to your ultimate activity (college), they'll repack the stuff in storage in a truck and deliver it to wherever it is you tell them - once again for free. Pretty good deal.

I just set my family up through HHG to move to Austin, TX while I'm at RI. They're coming to the house on 26 FEB, packing up the house for us, and delivering it on or around 02 MAR. You just have to have orders for them to finalize everything, but you can have it set up now so when you get your orders they'll go ahead and push it through.

this is the website required for initializing the move, when you get your orders take them into your HHG office and give them to either the receptionist or your liason
https://www.smartwebmove.navsup.navy.mil/swm/

SkyBoundET2

wow- i haven't been on in forever. sorry guys.

with a massive question mark about my orders, i finally (again) contacted Mr. Straten, and he gave me Mr. Garmeson's number at NOMI. As it turns out, there were two discrepancies with my physical that needed to be taken care of. Lord knows what they were waiting for to contact me about this... I do have orders now, thank goodness, but here's a question that may have been already been posted here at some point:

How many of you are taking a full seabag to BOOST? I know it says to, but everyone from previous years says to take your working uniforms and such and maybe a set of utilities just in case. I figure if we all show up with the same stuff (not a full seabag), it won't be so serious in the event that they actually DO a seabag inspection....

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
How many of you are taking a full seabag to BOOST? I know it says to, but everyone from previous years says to take your working uniforms and such and maybe a set of utilities just in case. I figure if we all show up with the same stuff (not a full seabag), it won't be so serious in the event that they actually DO a seabag inspection....

I'm taking just about everything except a pair of coveralls. My utilities and all of my summer uniforms (working/dress) will stay in my vehicle during Rhode Island just in case we need them and saves space in our rooms. I've asked a couple of the previous years guys about coveralls already since I don't have any and they said you will never need them. Thankfully!

murph0307

FY-09 STA-21 Pilot Select!!
seabag.....

Yeah, about the seabag...I'm taking all my uniforms....but def not a full seabag. I know 3 people that have been through there and all you need is your seasonal working uniform according to them.

HIETT

I'm not, but recently received my waiver for PRK surgery.

I think sykward means that for us guys who had PRK surgery we get a "Waiver Approved" stamp rather than "Physically Qualified" on our paperwork. Means the same thing.

Is anyone doing any pre-study for NSI? There is a section on the website for material for memorization, but i think it may be for OCS guys.

Since the only electronics aloud are laptops, whats everyone doing with their cell phones? I guess i'll be leaving mine in the car.

I'm at an air force base now that doesnt give out decals for vehicles. Think we will need them at Newport?

br11183

FY-09 STA-21 SNA Selectee
I have not been qual'd yet. I got through BUMED with a waiver, a ton of troubles there. NOMI just wants me to do two more tests then they said pending good results I will be approved with another waiver. (I was in a very bad motorcycle accident last July.) Looks like I may have to go TDY to a Navy base to have my testing done, because the ARMY and AF bases here do not offer them and nor do any of the civilian providers. You wanna talk about jumping through hoops to get everything done......Best case scenario, I get to my orders a week before our report date, yay.

Know of anyone that wasn't physically qualified for the pilot program?

AC1 FlyAlot

"I'm at an air force base now that doesnt give out decals for vehicles. Think we will need them at Newport?"

I'm sure you will need decals on your vehicle but it's as easy as going to the pass and tag office once you arrive on base.