• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY-09 STA-21 Orders Received?

53Crewman

FY09 STA-21 Pilot Alternate
I have not been qual'd yet. I got through BUMED with a waiver, a ton of troubles there. NOMI just wants me to do two more tests then they said pending good results I will be approved with another waiver. (I was in a very bad motorcycle accident last July.) Looks like I may have to go TDY to a Navy base to have my testing done, because the ARMY and AF bases here do not offer them and nor do any of the civilian providers. You wanna talk about jumping through hoops to get everything done......Best case scenario, I get to my orders a week before our report date, yay.

Good luck to you... sounds like a fiasco to say the least..

finally!

I finally got my orders a few days ago. Now I'm all checked out of my command and trying to get my move together.

couples of questions:

Are you guys contacting NSI to tell them your leave address? If so, who?

On my orders it said I had to manifest that my eyesight was good, good color vision and something about deviation less than 6 diopters. I just had my eye exam last month for my physical so I figure the paperwork is in there. Am I wrong?

Anyone else making the long drive from San Diego? :( Not looking forward to that, especially alone.

aircrew1221

we got our orders in hand last week and have our PCS move all lined up we leave next monday!! Driving from Washington State to Tampa Florida!!!

Good Luck everyone!!!

Stick

pilot
Are you guys contacting NSI to tell them your leave address? If so, who?

On my orders it said I had to manifest that my eyesight was good, good color vision and something about deviation less than 6 diopters. I just had my eye exam last month for my physical so I figure the paperwork is in there. Am I wrong?

Your transfer package should have you list your leave address.

If it was the physical required for the program then yes you are good. If it was the five year physical then no it isn't good enough.

NukeRobot

Excel Jedi
pilot
Hey all. Just got my orders today, and I'm transferring on Tuesday. Pilot option, Feb NSI, Citadel class of '12, looking to major in Electrical Engineering. Anyone got something similar?

fal09

It says on the OTC website that we need two nice outfits(skirts/collar shirts) for dinners. Is there going to really be any dinners for the event or are they just suggesting for you to bring the nice clothes?

RCL813

FY 09 CORE Selectee!
I talked to Mr. Straten today and he told me that my physical, acceptance, and course plan are all approved, but I am sked for the May NSI so he won't request my orders until mid-march. Atleast I know I wont be waiting on anything I have to send, now its all on thier end. Waiting, waiting......

Stick

pilot
It says on the OTC website that we need two nice outfits(skirts/collar shirts) for dinners. Is there going to really be any dinners for the event or are they just suggesting for you to bring the nice clothes?

Last year we did have a dinner but we wore SDB's. I also did not bring anything but jeans and t-shirts (and a heavy jacket because RI is very cold).

Navy_Brat_AT

The frozen roads...

Does any one know if the ice on the roads is a significant concern in RI?
I am from Houston and I'm just not used to it.

br11183

FY-09 STA-21 SNA Selectee
2 weeks and counting...cutting it close!

Does any one know if the ice on the roads is a significant concern in RI?
I am from Houston and I'm just not used to it.

Yes you do have to worry about ice at times in RI.

I finished up the rest of the testing that NOMI requested on Thursday. I am hoping that I will have results to them on Monday afternoon and have my orders requested then. I will have someone call BUPERS and sit on them to get my orders expedited once they are requested. Hopefully I can have them by the end of the week and schedule my move stuff.

What is the report NLT date that everyone has for BOOST next week? 20th? 22nd? I want to know how badly I am cutting it so I can plan a little more.

**So it would seem that people have both dates on their orders...I just read it on another thread, sorry for my useless post.

SkywardET

Contrarian
I assume BOOST is on the same sked as NSI, at least for start dates. My dates for NSI are report NET 20th, NLT 21st, class convenes 22nd. Interesting that it convenes on a Sunday...

Congrats on your hoop jumping ability.

BrickNole

pilot
Orders recieved today- state to report NLT 20FEB for Boost.

I just gotta do the 2 required P.13 entries (for Pilot and STA-21) and check out this week.

Seems to me the convene date for Boost is the 22nd which is a Sunday... it's doubtful class starts up on a Sunday though. Unless it's just a muster/brief kinda thing for ensuring everyone is prepared for Monday.

See ya'll at the E club...