• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Future Weapons

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Over 400 when you're 50 feet off the water being chased by an Iranian F-4 and don't mind burning up all 4 engines.....

I'll bet the off duty FE was out on the STBD wing actually whipping the engines. :D

Brett

joboy_2.0

professional undergraduate
Contributor
Don't know if this is an old episode or not, but the episode on right now talked about the Nimitz class "supercarrier". Kinda cool. Pretty damn motivating seeing an 18 shooting off the deck.:)

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don't remember hearing Foreign Legion, but he does have one of those funny white hats in the intro...:)

He did a series where they took a bunch of off the street folks and put them through the initial French Foreign Legion training along with Bear at one of their desolate training farms. Only difference was real Legionaire cadre spoke English for the most part (with gratuitous "alle, alle"). At the end, the ones who finished were awarded the white Kepi which is what you see in the ads. Worth watching*.

*One of the instructors is an American who served as a Ranger and is a real pistol, he's just as entertaining as Bear who serves as primary narrator with voiceover.

schwarti

Contributor
I always thought that the producers or whatever made the Futureweapons host sound like more of a tool than he is. I guess that's just because I can't imagine anyone seriously talking about .50 cal rifles all the time in the "dangerous" loud whisper voice he does.

And yeah, Gunny Ermey is definitely awesome. They've been recapping his favorite guns and favorite vehicles lately.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
I hate how he tries to explain the weapon system TO the person in charge of designing the weapons system... The writers/producers/host work to hard on trying to get interesting sound bites rather than showing stuff blowing up, If anything I wish they could get more technical.

schwarti

Contributor
I hate how he tries to explain the weapon system TO the person in charge of designing the weapons system... The writers/producers/host work to hard on trying to get interesting sound bites rather than showing stuff blowing up, If anything I wish they could get more technical.

Heh, I was just thinking to myself last night when watching, "Why does he ALWAYS say, 'So, this is a (blank) that does (blank) which is good for (blank).'? The other guy invented it, HE knows how it works!"

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
He was a SEAL, went to war and did his job.

I'm not making comparisons with other B-list celebrities. One can be a SEAL, fight for one's country, and still be a douche-bag. Being professionally respectable doesn't give you free license to be a jackass in other endeavors.

Brett

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
I think the best show on Discovery, bar none, is Man vs. Wild with that SAS guy...Bear.
Sooooo....folks are a bit up in arms upon finding that Bear spent the night on at least two occasions at a hotel, when it showed otherwise on his show. Sure, you work hard, freeze yer ass off and drink water out of elephant poop, but spend a few nights at Motel 8 and yer seen as a slacker.
I see an above in headwork, myself.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcasting/a67510/c4-discovery-examine-bear-grylls-series.html

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
While I'm not gonna drink water from elephant poo, I personally think that some of the advice that Bear gives is asinine and wrong. I think it's going to get some people killed if they ever use it.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I saw the other day that there's a new season of SurvivorMan coming out. I'll tune in and continue to ignore the elephant poo.