• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Future Weapons

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
FWIW, I was on IKE when they were filming the ep that was the orginal subject of this thread. I know the cat who hosts this thing comes off as a tool on the show - this was my impression of him via the teevee as well, what with the breathless narration and such - but in person he's not a bad guy. I get the feeling that that oo-haah stuff is generated by the producers for on-screen comnsumption.

Got to chat with him for a while in the tower when they came up to film the cyclic wackiness. It was amusing watching the transition from off-camera regular conversation to the on-camera heavy-breathing "one half-second from disaster, controlled crash, high-precision, blah blah etc."

He doesn't roll around with all the "when I was in the Teams" brachiating, either. He was down in the wardroom having dinner with some Air Dept LDOs; the meal was about over when one of them said, "You should have been in the Navy, man, you'd fit in well." He hadn't even mentioned he was in, much less that he was a SEAL, over the whole time he'd been sitting with them.

So, I'm just saying, cut the guy some slack. Reality and what you see on the idiot box don't have much to do with each other, even on the Discovery Channel.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Reality and what you see on the idiot box don't have much to do with each other, even on the Discovery Channel.
QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more. ;)

T.V. Reality
bear-grylls-1.jpg

Reality
hollywoodMotel.jpg