• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Future Weapons

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Seen the show? Some nice entertainment. Anyhow, on March 5th 9pm eastern on discovery, the episode airing has a segment on the F/A-18 Super Hornet and another on the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower.

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/future-weapons/episodes/episode-guides-2.html

There is also a segment on the Osprey in an upcoming episode. Good way to fill some downtime.

The host of the show is an unbelievable tool who renders the show nearly unwatchable. A guy I hang with here says he was just as bad while in the teams.

Brett

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
The few times I have seen the show, I've thought it was pretty good. I never noticed that the host was a toolbag, but then again I was too busy drooling over the cool weaponry and big explosions. :D

Rossi

The host of the show is an unbelievable tool who renders the show nearly unwatchable. A guy I hang with here says he was just as bad while in the teams.

Brett

Yeah i definitely noticed that, but always attributed it to the producers/directors/writers or whatchyamacallems of the show made him act like that. Would'nt be suprised if he was always like that though. Hunter Ellis>Him, except i just found out Hunter was on on survivor. -15 points.

tiger84

LT
pilot
Yeah, the host is a tool and a lot of the footage/info is made into some of the other specials on various weaponry. That being said, I feel it's worth wading through all the bullsh!t to see some of the stuff that's exclusive to the show, even if I spend part of the time wishing the host would forget which way to point the muzzle.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
The sad thing is that if you had the military channel, all of these shows are six months old. And I agree with above, they need to swap him with the tactical to practical guy...

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
I wont make comments about the guy, but its a cool show. Especially those late night repeats when nobody else is awake and the posting slows down on AW.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Reading comprehension will work wonders for you.

Unless you know "the teams" refers to SEALs, reading comprehension could get you anywhere from baseball to Mr. T and his friends...

It's a vocab issue, clearly. :D

wrk

Agreed that the host is a tool, I can't stand listing to him, otherwise the show would be cool.

Unless you know "the teams" refers to SEALs, reading comprehension could get you anywhere from baseball to Mr. T and his friends...

It's a vocab issue, clearly. :D

Actually they've said on the show (or maybe in the previews) many times that he's an ex-navy seal.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
I believe he says it in the intro/opening song-and-dance thing each show

Edit: I'm contributing to me hating this thread. Back to the F-18s and the Ospreys

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor

macho1.gif

Crikey...!

MrSaturn

Contributor
Actually they've said on the show (or maybe in the previews) many times that he's an ex-navy seal.

Well I think it is vague. It says he has worked with Navy Seals. I "worked" with Navy Seals. Sure it was a silly 2 day midshipman thing but I still worked with them. To me it just seems like an odd way of saying it