• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FREE ASTB Simulator Program (For the Performance Based Measures section)

iwrru

My resolution is 1920 x 1080. It's a 27-inch screen. Yeah my browser zoom is set to 100%
That’s exactly my setting.

Can anyone who’s taken the test confirm: does the PTB window take up the entire screen? As in, the target can fly around from (very nearly) corner to corner of the monitor? Or it just part of the monitor?

Reactions: DBM

MotorCookie

That’s exactly my setting.

Can anyone who’s taken the test confirm: does the PTB window take up the entire screen? As in, the target can fly around from (very nearly) corner to corner of the monitor? Or it just part of the monitor?
It doesn’t take up the whole screen. It all happens within its own container

redbaronunofficial

Marine Corps PLC applicant
Thank you! Stick and throttle is not my forte so this is super helpful. What's considered a good score/what score should I shoot for?

iwrru

All I can say is, thanks so much for putting this program together, I took the ASTB today and got a high enough score to gain automatic acceptance to OCS (no board). Played this since mid-October 2023 on and off. It's about 90-95% of the real thing.

To anyone reading this: play this simulator. It WILL help you drag yourself across the goal line. I am a licensed pilot but absolutely NOT a gamer. I'm sure it can't hurt to use the Logitech X52 (the one the Navy uses for the ASTB), but I just bought a used old Thrustmaster HOTAS (that I believe is the better-built rig, after buying both the Thrustmaster and a brand-new X52 and played the sim with both of them and eventually returned the X52), and it more than adequately prepared me.

redbaronunofficial

All I can say is, thanks so much for putting this program together, I took the ASTB today and got a high enough score to gain automatic acceptance to OCS (no board). Played this since mid-October 2023 on and off. It's about 90-95% of the real thing.

To anyone reading this: play this simulator. It WILL help you drag yourself across the goal line. I am a licensed pilot but absolutely NOT a gamer. I'm sure it can't hurt to use the Logitech X52 (the one the Navy uses for the ASTB), but I just bought a used old Thrustmaster HOTAS (that I believe is the better-built rig, after buying both the Thrustmaster and a brand-new X52 and played the sim with both of them and eventually returned the X52), and it more than adequately prepared me.
Congratulations! If you don’t mind me asking, what was your score?

azemutmh

hello everyone, new to this site/forum and have been looking through and nice to see all the help being offered. I just bought the X52 and set up all the controls properly (to my knowledge), and both the joystick and throttle have been fairly rigid and have a slower response time, like using an old TV with low Hz for an Xbox. I expect the issue is that my laptop/school laptop is not built for something like this, and am happy to hear any suggestions/ideas from you all. Thanks!

azemutmh

hello everyone, new to this site/forum and have been looking through and nice to see all the help being offered. I just bought the X52 and set up all the controls properly (to my knowledge), and both the joystick and throttle have been fairly rigid and have a slower response time, like using an old TV with low Hz for an Xbox. I expect the issue is that my laptop/school laptop is not built for something like this, and am happy to hear any suggestions/ideas from you all. Thanks!
disregard, problem solved

redbaronunofficial

Does anyone know how scores on the updated simulator translate to ASTB scores? I've heard different opinions on what constitutes a good score on the sim, and I'd like to be able to gauge where I'm at.