• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Forum logo

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Nice, but I think you are still pissing off Skidkid and his brethren with no Marine Helo action....

Not to mention no NFO wings (but I need to fix that one) <-- Overdue...

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
Yeah, it was a 30 minute quick job ... any and all platforms could be easily added (I kept the PhotoShop blanks so I just stick in the new pics)

I did put an A4 in there for the old men. ;)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I like it. With a few more additions, it'll be a nice montage of who's represented on the board.

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
Don't know how to connect it to the gallery ...

Notice we don't have a lot of Marine air pics in the gallery ... will add what I find there, but don't want to steal pics off the internet (Copyright?).

So post 'em and I'll add 'em.

openbah

I'm not lazy, I'm disabled.
I don't think connecting the logo to the gallery would work. I don't speak for John, but I know I don't have the skills for something like that.

Crowbar

None
I cropped and resized these before I figured out the attachment limits had changed.

I'll dig around through my old pictures and see if I have any Marine pictures worth showing. The previews might be kind of crappy, for the moment I'm stuck with taking a picture of a picture until I find/unpack my scanner...

Attachments

• legacy 1.jpg
    legacy 1.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 35
  • legacy 2.jpg
    legacy 2.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 30

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Nice picture of the Corsair. Looks like a radar bird flying next to the Super.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
F4u-5n

edit: I tried to capitalize the U and N, but the site keeps making them lowercase.... some anti-all caps post filter or somesuch. don't know.

TESTTESTTESTTEST

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
Again relying on Openbah to make this veiwable, I added a few more pics and slightly shortened the refresh rate ...

AW%20Logo%20Animated2.gif

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Again relying on Openbah to make this veiwable, I added a few more pics and slightly shortened the refresh rate ...

AW%20Logo%20Animated2.gif
I see them rotate here, but never at the top of the web page. Also, what about the all important NFO wings John promised us?

Nice job though!

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
...and my Hawkeye... Could use a few more P-3 pics though - 5 isn't quite enough.

Don't you just love it when people b!tch about something that's done for free... :D

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
ghost119 said:
What about making the pics change independently from each other?
Yeah, well, instead of making 8 pictures to rotate, I'd have to go back and make 24. I thought about doing it, but decided against unless it actually looks like it'll get added to the site. I'm still waiting for someone with considerably better skills to come up with a considerably better logo ...

HAL said:
I see them rotate here, but never at the top of the web page. Also, what about the all important NFO wings John promised us?
Since it hasn't been officially adopted it isn't at the top of the screen. I know the NFO wings were promised, but short of buying a set and setting up my shoulder boards again, I don't have any appropriate pics of them. Not sure exactly how they should be incorporated either. Perhaps a picture with both sets of wings in it?

Goober said:
...and my Hawkeye... Could use a few more P-3 pics though - 5 isn't quite enough.
Fair enough ... I'll ensure I get a Hawkeye in there on the next version. As to the P-3s, I agree, 5 is just not enough ;)

edit: I should point out that there is only one pic of an E-2 in the gallery, and it is accompanied by a C-2 ...