• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Forum logo

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
HUH ??? Since when were USMC Naval Aviator Wings anything other than ..... " Navy" ??? :) Oooops ..... I guess you mean the pictures .... ???

Yes the pictures, I am as always damn proud to be a Naval Aviator but just glad I wear my wings on a Marine uniform.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Yes the pictures, I am as always damn proud to be a Naval Aviator but just glad I wear my wings on a Marine uniform.
I hear what you're saying .... and it goes both ways. I was heading for .... USMC-Grunt-2nd LT-go to Vietnam-speaks Vietnamese-won't be going with the "US" part of "MC"-will be seconded as advisor to RVN Marines only-probably dead in 3 months ...... when I passed the flight physical and --- Marine Aviation was not up to USN standards in those days (equipment, maintenance, boat time, life-style in general) so I went with Big Blue. Never been sorry --- the Navy is a class organization. Great tradition.

But the Marines .... ahhhhhh, tradition. :)

openbah

I'm not lazy, I'm disabled.
I like the wings below the usernames, but the white background behind them is killin me. So I made some new graphics, if you feel like using them.

The first two are the same wings, but with the blue background. The second two are the same wings with a transparent background. The last two are for Steve.

Attachments

• pilot_new.jpg
    pilot_new.jpg
    1 KB · Views: 125
  • nfo_new.jpg
    nfo_new.jpg
    948 bytes · Views: 125
  • pilot.gif
    pilot.gif
    1.4 KB · Views: 125
  • nfo.gif
    nfo.gif
    1.2 KB · Views: 124
  • SWO_new.jpg
    SWO_new.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 123
  • SWO.gif
    SWO.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 122

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I like the wings below the usernames, but the white background behind them is killin me. So I made some new graphics, if you feel like using them.

The first two are the same wings, but with the blue background. The second two are the same wings with a transparent background.
Concur. Though you have to give Webmaster some credit. He and Photoshop are not exactly two peas in a pod....if you know what I mean.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
ahhh...nice addition with those water wings....though I sense they are slightly off axis a bit....and the top is cut off.....wtf?

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
"Magic Eraser" option in Photoshop will clear out white and make it transparent. Make sure to save it as a gif, since a jpeg can't have transparency.