• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flying the T-34

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valion310

Just remember Pat, down in P-cola everyone north of Cordova mall are trailer hill-billy red necks, so there are four billion trucks. I'd go with the vette personally, but then their would be a flood of fruity Pensacola girls wanting to CENSORED CENSORED CENSORED CENSORED CENSORED your life.

I'll just stick to my new Volvo S60 till I after I'm commissioned and snag me a sleek little ride of some kind.

Originally posted by Patmack18
I've thought about a used vette... you can pick up a nice one cheap.. but a full size truck is more useful, plus a little custom work and you have a bad ass set of wheels.

"Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."

Valion310

So I was at Sears looking at this toaster ... but the dual carb big block reciprocating constant speed prop 220 horsie V12 with the muliple tracking long range radar and beer can holder with dual plastic tubed leaf blower by far was the better buy ... [^]

(Whoo! only 100 posts behind Patmack ... better check that six o'clock pilot, I'm mov'n in for the kill and will have more stars!)[8D]

Vic

Your MOM!
pilot
Originally posted by Michael Webb
In all honesty, I'd rather be flying around in a SE turbine ANYDAY than a ME reciprocating, but that's just my opinion. As for my multi, 500 hours of will get me a long way, but when Southwest wants you to have 1000 PIC TURBINE, trucking around in a C-340 wasn't going to get me anywhere, besides, post 9/11, I took (read $$$$) what I could get. Since this has turned to a car discussion, my current ride is a 97 Cobra, but unlike most Ford fanatics, I like vette's and camaro's, lots of HP for minimal $$$. And while we're on the Saab trip, I'm thinking about getting an Audi A4, stylish, quick, but more *family* than a Cobra, who knows.

I commend you on your choice of auto. The A4 is a great car. For me it was an A4 or a BMW 330i. It was a hard choice, but after test driving both cars the 330 won my heart over.

Don't sweat the small stuff!

Jim

I'd go with the ford lightning. 380 HP and 450 FT-LB. Pickup truck and corvette wrapped into one. No doubt that would turn the heads of the P-cola hoochie mammas. Just make sure you own an oil refinery and tire factory first.

-jim

SkyHigh

I heard they never ask about prior time. Do they definately have you sign a form stating your prior flight time? What is this accelerated program? Do guys get graded more difficult, or are they pushed towards JETS like the JOINt Training the AIRFORCE does with Europe?

SkyHigh

DO not fly a Katana. I flew one until my intial solo for my private, and while the thing is incredibly easy. IT is just that EASY. Landing was generally always easy. The airplane flies slow through the pattern and everywhere else in the sky. So you will waste money on pattern time, and enroute climbs. It adds up. It is a stick, and that is cool, but if you can find an old tailwheel they usually have a stick, and you can get the "tailwheel endorsement." Tailwheels give you a PHD in rudder use. But I do not recommend anyone flying the Katana. The thing is a suicide trip even if you get caught behind a SAAB or King Air.

grouch

BS. The Katana is a hoot to fly. Just get one with the Lycoming and not that little dink Rotax. Slow? Cruise at 150 while burning 6 an hour. Sounds fun. I know there is bigger and faster but drop over farm fields 200 agl at 150 kts is damn fun. So is an RG and that will get you close to 170.

ghost_ttu

didn't realize the katana could do that kind of speed, might need to go play wif one. Are they rated for inverted flight?

grouch

Originally posted by ghost_ttu
didn't realize the katana could do that kind of speed, might need to go play wif one. Are they rated for inverted flight?
No and I wouldn't recommend rolling one either. I let the nose down too far upsidedown and the airspeed got away from me. It's a clean little bird.

Rainman

pilot
Originally posted by grouch
BS. The Katana is a hoot to fly. Just get one with the Lycoming and not that little dink Rotax. Slow? Cruise at 150 while burning 6 an hour. Sounds fun. I know there is bigger and faster but drop over farm fields 200 agl at 150 kts is damn fun. So is an RG and that will get you close to 170.

ooops, you mean 500' AGL!

ghost_ttu

I've done the roll, and I've done the split-s and I've done the loop, those aren't that difficult. Pat (or someone) walk us through a barrel roll, I haven't practiced enough to really say I've tried, and I could look in a maneuver book for it, but I'd rather here one of you explain the stick movement. And it's me, and I think I'm special enough to deserve the "how to's"

Status
Not open for further replies.