• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight School backed up

Jacksa71

lol no ones getting stash jobs anymore. They're creating "Junior officer course" for 3 months before you start NIFE. Stash jobs basically are all gone.
Definitely not true. I have one in my squadron that I met yesterday. He stated pretty much his whole class got sent off.

Mouselovr

Contributor
Any current info on the process for squadron stash jobs? I'm trying to get ahead of the curve to go somewhere cool, but there isn't much available for how it works these days.
To clarify--it seems like you work some contact you have at a squadron, get lucky enough for them to send a request to your detailer, and then you stash there for however long it takes to class up. Just like to know if there's anything beyond that or if I have the wrong picture.
I think there is some confusion in response to this.

@jvflight is referring to being sent to a squadron as a stash NOT stash jobs when you check into Pensacola. Stash jobs in Pensacola are largely being cut due to the JO course. I do not know about squadron stash jobs.

I can talk about Pensacola stash jobs, but sadly, I cannot speak on the process to request being sent to a squadron. Anecdotally, they predominantly sent ROTC/USNA grads. Most OCS grads are still being sent on OHARP orders. Hopefully, a recent grad can chime in.

The JO course discussed in this chat is new as of Jan 2023 and will take place only when checked into Pensacola. Details are still developing and how it will impact stash jobs/experience in Pensacola.

Last edited:

villo0692

We talked to the CO today in my NIFE class, and that JO course is mandatory for all A Poolers, so if you check in here, get Indoc,NAMI, Swim and maybe Physio done, your ass ain’t going anywhere until you complete that course, and at the pace things are moving right now, you should be close enough to classing up at that point to be allowed to go anywhere. As far as OHARP or whatever else between commissioning and coming here, couldn’t tell you

jvflight

I think there is some confusion in response to this.

@jvflight is referring to being sent to a squadron as a stash NOT stash jobs when you check into Pensacola. Stash jobs in Pensacola are largely being cut due to the JO course. I do not know about squadron stash jobs.

I can talk about Pensacola stash jobs, but sadly, I cannot speak on the process to request being sent to a squadron. Anecdotally, they predominantly sent ROTC/USNA grads. Most OCS grads are still being sent on OHARP orders. Hopefully, a recent grad can chime in.

The JO course discussed in this chat is new as of Jan 2023 and will take place only when checked into Pensacola. Details are still developing and how it will impact stash jobs/experience in Pensacola.
Thank you, nails on heads. I am a ROTC soon-to-(knock-on-wood)-grad and I appreciate the new info. Lovely brand of chaos here.

Bill427

Temporary Corpus Christi resident
What the fuck are they going to cover in a 3 month JO course?

Sounds like a complete waste of time. Which I guess would be keeping in the best traditions of NASC.
My theory: some higher-ups got pissed about the long wait times/ensigns on the beach making the schools look bad, so their shit rolled downhill, and now everyone down the chain has to show "productivity" and institute a bunch of training that won't be applicable until we join the fleet and get our own division in 6-7 business years...

Bill427

Temporary Corpus Christi resident
We talked to the CO today in my NIFE class, and that JO course is mandatory for all A Poolers, so if you check in here, get Indoc,NAMI, Swim and maybe Physio done, your ass ain’t going anywhere until you complete that course, and at the pace things are moving right now, you should be close enough to classing up at that point to be allowed to go anywhere. As far as OHARP or whatever else between commissioning and coming here, couldn’t tell you
I thank god every day that we classed up when we did

Hello all,

I graduated OCS as an SNFO and here is my question: With this 3-6 month wait time in OHARP what happens if I were to drop out of the military? Is this even possible? I’ve heard rumors of SNA’s doing it and the military let them go with no problem since they’re so backed up. Idk how it would go down for SNFO’s? We aren’t so backed up. I wouldn’t be interested in redesigning to anything else tbh. Is this something I should ask my detailer?

villo0692

Hello all,

I graduated OCS as an SNFO and here is my question: With this 3-6 month wait time in OHARP what happens if I were to drop out of the military? Is this even possible? I’ve heard rumors of SNA’s doing it and the military let them go with no problem since they’re so backed up. Idk how it would go down for SNFO’s? We aren’t so backed up. I wouldn’t be interested in redesigning to anything else tbh. Is this something I should ask my detailer?
If you had DOR’ed at OCS before commissioning then you would have been able to just get out no problem. Now you would have to redesignate to something else.

If you had DOR’ed at OCS before commissioning then you would have been able to just get out no problem. Now you would have to redesignate to something else.
How do you know this? I read my orders multiple times and couldn’t find an answer to this. The only thing I found was if I fail the physical portion in API. It just says
“FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE STANDARDS WILL RESULT IN ADMINISTRATIVE
ACTION”

villo0692

How do you know this? I read my orders multiple times and couldn’t find an answer to this. The only thing I found was if I fail the physical portion in API. It just says
“FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE STANDARDS WILL RESULT IN ADMINISTRATIVE
ACTION”
So you’re telling everyone here that you are planning to deliberately fail your PRT in order to get separated? Good luck with that

So you’re telling everyone here that you are planning to deliberately fail your PRT in order to get separated? Good luck with that
No haha I am in way too much shape to do that. I was just comparing how it says “results in administrative action” for that but nothing regarding leaving OHARP or what the process would be if you don’t complete any of the academics. Also, was asking how you know this? Did you assume that is what happens? Or is there somewhere you saw it say re designate is the only option?