• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight School backed up

FinkUFreaky

pilot
It'll be interesting to see how the attrition numbers change as they shift initial CQ to the FRS. It's certainly easier to fly a good pass in a fleet jet with PLM, but having to do that for the first time, while dealing with all of the admin of getting to/from the boat (as opposed to being dropped off in the pattern as you are in T-45 CQ) will definitely be a challenge.
I’m personally more concerned with the E-2 bubbas; can’t imagine if my first trap was in an E-2. And the admin is a big part I felt more comfortable with bc I had done it before in the T-45. I’m sure they will figure out the how, but yeah it’ll need to be a lot more in the RAG syllabus

Edit: E-2s don’t have PLM

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I’m personally more concerned with the E-2 bubbas; can’t imagine if my first trap was in an E-2. And the admin is a big part I felt more comfortable with bc I had done it before in the T-45. I’m sure they will figure out the how, but yeah it’ll need to be a lot more in the RAG syllabus

Edit: E-2s don’t have PLM

Yeah this is mildly terrifying to think about. Hell, there are some scary passes from fleet E-2 people. I can’t imagine that thing being my first.

Mouselovr

Contributor
I’ve seen people opine on both sides as things have changed but do you know if someone takes OHARP does that delay classing up in Pensacola?
I’ve made a post on this before, see my profile.

It’s (currently) all about check in date. If you check into Pensacola then take OHARP, it does not change your class up. If you take OHARP straight out of OCS then check in at the end, it does.

However, it used to be based on commission date rather than check in date, so it could change again

Last edited:
I’ve seen people opine on both sides as things have changed but do you know if someone takes OHARP does that delay classing up in Pensacola?
Absolutely not - you're gonna be sitting around anyways for about a year to class up for the NIFE program. Rather be in a major city being semi-productive racking up BAH - than sit and rot away for a year doing nothing in PCOLA.

When you get back expect to do all of your swim phis, survival training and NIFE all back to back.

Mouselovr

Contributor
Absolutely not - you're gonna be sitting around anyways for about a year to class up for the NIFE program. Rather be in a major city being semi-productive racking up BAH - than sit and rot away for a year doing nothing in PCOLA.

When you get back expect to do all of your swim phis, survival training and NIFE all back to back.
Currently, they are having those that have already checked in do swim, physio and a PRT before going back out on OHARP. I'm not sure how this will change for folks in the future

Currently, they are having those that have already checked in do swim, physio and a PRT before going back out on OHARP. I'm not sure how this will change for folks in the future
Are priors and/or people with spouses or kids doing OHARP or PCSing to Pcola and just staying there and waiting?

Mouselovr

Contributor
Are priors and/or people with spouses or kids doing OHARP or PCSing to Pcola and just staying there and waiting?
99% of the people who were offered OHARP after checking into Pcola were fresh ROTC/USNA grads and a handful of OCS grads who had medical delays due to the timing of things. As a result, most dont own much and arent married.

BarryD

Contributor
However, it used to be based on commission date rather than check in date, so it could change again
Guessing this will change again when people who had orders cut for after 01 SEP and got sent elsewhere make it to Pensacola.

Thanks for the info, sounds unlikely that I wouldn't be offered OHARP then. Itd be really hard to keep moving my family around

Mouselovr

Contributor
Thanks for the info, sounds unlikely that I wouldn't be offered OHARP then. Itd be really hard to keep moving my family around
if you’re going to OCS, you will be offered OHARP after graduating. This will be before you check into Pensacola

Last edited: