• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight School backed up

Mouselovr

Contributor
No haha I am in way too much shape to do that. I was just comparing how it says “results in administrative action” for that but nothing regarding leaving OHARP or what the process would be if you don’t complete any of the academics. Also, was asking how you know this? Did you assume that is what happens? Or is there somewhere you saw it say re designate is the only option?
I hate to say this, but “it depends”.

Some people redes.
Some people are simply let go.

There are NFOs who make it to the end of primary that they have simply let go.
If you’re thinking about wanting out of the military, do it now. 1. For simplicity 2. So you don’t use resources

exNavyOffRec

I hate to say this, but “it depends”.

Some people redes.
Some people are simply let go.
This ^^^^^

The thing is it can change, so someone in a class in front of you could get redesignated and then you could get sent home. There was a time some were redesignated to whatever they wanted, there was a time where some were redesignated to SWO. There was a guy who did NROTC failed out of flight schools and wanted to stay USN, he was redesignated to IP designator thinking he would be staying AD but was promptly sent IRR orders.

The best way to not be in a situation where you don't know what is going to happen is don't fail out of the pipeline.

@Mouselovr @exNavyOffRec thank you for the reply. I wanted an idea of what the options would be if things went sideways. Of course I don’t want to do it and I didn’t do this whole process to just give up. It’s just the way my mind works. The same with OCS. Before I went to OCS I was curious to know what my options were and how the DOR process works. Did I DOR? No, but It did put my mind at ease to fully understand what can happen if things didn’t workout. Thanks again ??

FLGUY

“Technique only”
pilot
Contributor
@Mouselovr @exNavyOffRec thank you for the reply. I wanted an idea of what the options would be if things went sideways. Of course I don’t want to do it and I didn’t do this whole process to just give up. It’s just the way my mind works. The same with OCS. Before I went to OCS I was curious to know what my options were and how the DOR process works. Did I DOR? No, but It did put my mind at ease to fully understand what can happen if things didn’t workout. Thanks again ??

It’s always good to know your options. You never know where life will take you, and being aware of what that worst case scenario would look like is smart. You signed a contract after all, and keeping yourself informed about it is never a bad thing. You’d be surprised how many people go through their careers being completely oblivious to things like that.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
@Officer_Material You might want to look at your commissioning orders again. Somewhere in there it specifies that you are obligated to a minimum service requirement. I forget how it breaks it down, but it's a total of 8 years, 4 of which are active duty. That's part of the contract you signed that FLGUY mentioned.

Yes, in the past, people have been released from their contract out of flight school, but plenty of other times they haven't. Commissioning source can also play into it a bit, given ROTC and USNA have cost the Navy more than someone from OCS.

Bottom line, be informed, but don't dwell on it.

vbts13

UPDATE: there is word that all Ensigns should be arriving in Pensacola between Feb-June. YG22 will arrive Feb-Apr and YG23 will be Apr-Jun.
Does this apply to only those already in OHARP / in a stash job?

I'm slated to graduate OCS in April and I'm wondering if I'll be able to get OHARP. Would like that time to gather my bearings and spend a little more time with family

Cowgirl

Does this mean if I commission in Jun23 I should go to Pensacola straight away?
No. This is only for people right now that have graduated in FY22 and December 22 grads. The intent is to have a manageable pool and a 13 month wait from check in to NIFE.

villo0692

Does this apply to only those already in OHARP / in a stash job?

I'm slated to graduate OCS in April and I'm wondering if I'll be able to get OHARP. Would like that time to gather my bearings and spend a little more time with family
I don’t see why you wouldn’t. Do keep in mind though, that the later you check the later you’ll start NIFE

luckynumbr27

Feel like she’s talking about ROTC. OCS folks are currently all getting OHARP till it’s time to check in for the new JO course and NIFE right after that. Not sure how long that current wait is for current OCS grads, Villo would know more about that