• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight School backed up

villo0692

So whatever happens between commissioning and checking in here, I have no clue. But once you get here, you do indoc, NAMI, swim (at this point you show up in the waiting list to class up) and physio. Then I guess you’ll be doing that JO course and standing watch since most stash jobs are going away apparently. I checked in at the end of April and I’m currently in the academics phase of NIFE, so for me at least it was a 7 month wait as an SNA. The way things are moving, I would anticipate a slightly shorter wait, and a lot shorter for NFOs

Cowgirl

Does this apply to only those already in OHARP / in a stash job?

I'm slated to graduate OCS in April and I'm wondering if I'll be able to get OHARP. Would like that time to gather my bearings and spend a little more time with family
Feel like she’s talking about ROTC. OCS folks are currently all getting OHARP till it’s time to check in for the new JO course and NIFE right after that. Not sure how long that current wait is for current OCS grads, Villo would know more about that
Yes, talking about ROTC. Also, I’m a man ?

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
An important question has been avoided here:

What the hell is this "JO course," and is it related to this weird chaplain thing we're making primary poolees do here in Corpus?

luckynumbr27

No one seems to know what the JO course is, seems like a hold over for people who check in to waste time before they start NIFE but it could very well be what you’re talking about. They eliminated the cushy stash jobs that people were sitting on for a year and sent everyone home for OHARP till it’s time to check in so the JO course feels like a way to keep accountability of the new check ins till they start the course so they don’t have the Wild West stuff going on for a straight year

JoeBob1788

No one seems to know what the JO course is, seems like a hold over for people who check in to waste time before they start NIFE but it could very well be what you’re talking about. They eliminated the cushy stash jobs that people were sitting on for a year and sent everyone home for OHARP till it’s time to check in so the JO course feels like a way to keep accountability of the new check ins till they start the course so they don’t have the Wild West stuff going on for a straight year
What do you mean “sent everyone home for OHARP”?

I am currently on OHARP, but will PCS with the wife and kids before reporting… they ain’t sending me back.

luckynumbr27

What do you mean “sent everyone home for OHARP”?

I am currently on OHARP, but will PCS with the wife and kids before reporting… they ain’t sending me back.
Sorry, should’ve been more clear. No one is currently given the option out of OCS to either check directly in to PCola or go on OHARP, all graduates are getting OHARP’d. Additionally, it appears that there is no more year long wait in PCola doing a stash job until NIFE, they’re just going to keep us on OHARP until our spot in NIFE is ready at which time we PCS to PCola, do NAMI and the JO course and roll more directly into NIFE rather than the extended wait.

Edit: keep in mind this is all collective gouge from people at various stages of the pipeline, none of whom have any official inside knowledge of what is going on. Everything could change at a moments notice and it appears that it most likely will in the near future given they have tripled the size of NIFE classes. Also, since they took next to no one on the last board and apparently are canceling the next board, that wait time could get whittled down in a hurry since there are no more bodies getting added to the current wait pool for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:

JoeBob1788

Sorry, should’ve been more clear. No one is currently given the option out of OCS to either check directly in to PCola or go on OHARP, all graduates are getting OHARP’d. Additionally, it appears that there is no more year long wait in PCola doing a stash job until NIFE, they’re just going to keep us on OHARP until our spot in NIFE is ready at which time we PCS to PCola, do NAMI and the JO course and roll more directly into NIFE rather than the extended wait.

Edit: keep in mind this is all collective gouge from people at various stages of the pipeline, none of whom have any official inside knowledge of what is going on. Everything could change at a moments notice and it appears that it most likely will in the near future given they have tripled the size of NIFE classes. Also, since they took next to no one on the last board and apparently are canceling the next board, that wait time could get whittled down in a hurry since there are no more bodies getting added to the current wait pool for the foreseeable future.
Yeah another guy and I turned down OHARP out of OCS last month… still got OHARP on the orders! No option right now. I just hadn’t heard of people being sent back to OHARP recently. I’m still executing my PCS at the end of the 90 days, so no OHARP until classing up for me. Hopefully the wait shortens, but if not, hopefully they allow a stash job!