• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN DCO Change to ODS 2020

GCJ8404

I'm serving as a Rearvist, my package is for DCO. Are you doing DCO or OCS?
DCO! I don't want any parts of OCS....too old and lots of experience so DCO is definitely the best route for me. Just wanna' get in to the reserves and get ODS over with and begin contributing and training.

Lemwolf

I'm serving as a Rearvist, my package is for DCO. Are you doing DCO or OCS?
Supply is very competitive most of all the DCO programs
DCO! I don't want any parts of OCS....too old and lots of experience so DCO is definitely the best route for me. Just wanna' get in to the reserves and get ODS over with and begin contributing and training.
I understand, I maybe older than you I'm 41 years old I have 15 years of supply experience and I hold 4 degrees one of them is a Masters Degree and I'm currently in my disseritation for my Phd

GCJ8404

Nope I got you beat by 10yrs in age haha....that's why I needed the waiver. I didn't think it would go through, but my OR said as long as I can serve 8 years before 62 that I'd be good. He was right because it was approved. I've got 20 years of solid IT skills....hold two Masters (Master's of Science and an MBA from Purdue), several industry certs and lots of leadership experience. I think I'll get selected in August, but if I don't, that's probably going to be it....time is not on my side here.

GCJ8404

Nope I got you beat by 10yrs in age haha....that's why I needed the waiver. I didn't think it would go through, but my OR said as long as I can serve 8 years before 62 that I'd be good. He was right because it was approved. I've got 20 years of solid IT skills....hold two Masters (Master's of Science and an MBA from Purdue), several industry certs and lots of leadership experience. I think I'll get selected in August, but if I don't, that's probably going to be it....time is not on my side here.
Nice job on the Phd by the way....that's a really big deal, the Navy should be tripping over themselves to get you into the DCO program LOL

Lemwolf

I hope you make it and we or in the same class.
I hope you make it, you can try other branches too, have you been to MEPS?

GCJ8404

I hope you make it and we or in the same class.

Yeah that would be cool if we both make it and are in the same ODS class. I was interviewed for Army Cyber, but took myself out of the candidate pool because I didn't think it would be a good fit. Don't want to be at Ft. Benning for 6wks in BOLC and then another 10wks right after.
I have been to MEPS and am physically qualified for restricted line or staff corps according to the document. SCI/PSI done too! My employer is onboard too and willing to give me the 5wks of ODS off w/ pay and not count against my vacation time.

Lemwolf

Nice job on the Phd by the way....that's a really big deal, the Navy should be tripping over themselves to get you into the DCO program LOL
Thanks, they needed more stuff from me since I'm already in I joined at the age of 39 and turned 40 in enlisted boot camp. That was an experience all by itself. Make sure you get your interviews active and reserve it's required for your package.

GCJ8404

Thanks, they needed more stuff from me since I'm already in I joined at the age of 39 and turned 40 in enlisted boot camp. That was an experience all by itself. Make sure you get your interviews active and reserve it's required for your package.
Yep interviews are all done! completed them in late January of this year. I received 10-10-9 from O6, O4, and an O3.

GCJ8404

Wow went in enlisted at 39, that's pretty awesome. Talk about bringing in experience to the young folks there. How was Great Lakes turning 40? Any physical limitations? I'm assuming you're in good shape to be able to tackle that.

Lemwolf

Cool I hope you get in, maybe I can tell you some reserve stories. Lol, I'm waiting to be interviewed my skipper and and a captain, I thought my board meeting was June but it's July. I'm trying to have them before I go on orders next month for most of the month of April.

GCJ8404

Cool I hope you get in, maybe I can tell you some reserve stories. Lol, I'm waiting to be interviewed my skipper and and a captain, I thought my board meeting was June but it's July. I'm trying to have them before I go on orders next month for most of the month of April.
for sure, would love to hear those stories. Like I said....I'm really hoping I get selected at the Aug Board, but honestly thought I'd be at this (March) board. I think my OR may have screwed something up, but not sure. He originally said my package had been submitted, but then told me that I'd been pushed along with about 30 other folks.

Lemwolf

for sure, would love to hear those stories. Like I said....I'm really hoping I get selected at the Aug Board, but honestly thought I'd be at this (March) board. I think my OR may have screwed something up, but not sure. He originally said my package had been submitted, but then told me that I'd been pushed along with about 30 other folks.
Paperwork always get screwed up in the military, you are probably right, being that I'm in I was able to do my own and just hand it over. My Skipper told me today he is suppose review my package for my kit and other things need to be addressed. In other words the navy has changed the process and he is making sure everything goes through the correct hands. I know you are going to another community, you can contact me outside of here if you want, I'll send you my email then delete it off this platform

GCJ8404

Paperwork always get screwed up in the military, you are probably right, being that I'm in I was able to do my own and just hand it over. My Skipper told me today he is suppose review my package for my kit and other things need to be addressed. In other words the navy has changed the process and he is making sure everything goes through the correct hands. I know you are going to another community, you can contact me outside of here if you want, I'll send you my email then delete it off this platform
absolutely! Thanks and I'll respond back with my private email straight away.

GCJ8404

Got a bounce back twice on your address....something with the MX record. Not sure....

Last edited by a moderator: