• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN DCO Change to ODS 2020

Hair Warrior

Contributor
DCOIC is gone. Everyone goes to ODS, OCS, USNA (or another service academy), NROTC, Warrant/LDO school, or they were previously a commissioned military officer.

Lemwolf

Okay thanks for the confirmation, I was just wondering because I took a ODS physical two weeks ago. So I know ODS is five weeks, how long will my Supply or specialty courses be?

Lemwolf

Okay, I have been working with a officer recruiter and he seems to know as much as I do. Lol. I joined this site, to pick the brain of others that could give me insight. I looked through BOL and others places to see if i could see when the next board meet. Question since I just did my ODS physical, technically do I even have a package in? I know that sounds like a stupid question, i just haven't been getting basic questions answered from my recruiter..

devilbones

Arashikage トーマス・嵐影
Okay, I have been working with a officer recruiter and he seems to know as much as I do. Lol. I joined this site, to pick the brain of others that could give me insight. I looked through BOL and others places to see if i could see when the next board meet. Question since I just did my ODS physical, technically do I even have a package in? I know that sounds like a stupid question, i just haven't been getting basic questions answered from my recruiter..
Are you in the Navy now?

exNavyOffRec

Has anyone heard, if "Big Navy" discontinued DCO and all applicants have to go through ODS?
Terminology corrections, DCO stands for Direct Commission Officer which how the USN brings in civilians to be reserve officers, when a person is selected for DCO they will then go to ODS which stands for Officer Development School, basically DCO still a thing, but DCOIC is not.

Lemwolf

I understand the terminology, I was just wondering if DCO still applied to the Intel of Supply communities? Im currently in the Navy enlisted side and transitioning to the Officer side. My ODS physical was done at MEPS two weeks ago. My officer recruiter is a Chief Warrant Officer and he is new to recruiting Commission Officers. I was just wondering why I wasn't placed in the DCO program. Someone responded in thread and said they did away with DOIC...I was just inquiring..Thanks for your response and clarity, it seems no one I've contacted really knows the process and steps, I've read everything I could on the SUPPO sites.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

I understand the terminology, I was just wondering if DCO still applied to the Intel of Supply communities? Im currently in the Navy enlisted side and transitioning to the Officer side. My ODS physical was done at MEPS two weeks ago. My officer recruiter is a Chief Warrant Officer and he is new to recruiting Commission Officers. I was just wondering why I wasn't placed in the DCO program. Someone responded in thread and said they did away with DOIC...I was just inquiring..
DCO has nothing to do with training it is a program, if you are applying to be a reserve officer you are applying to a DCO program.

Lemwolf

DCO has nothing to do with training it is a program, if you are applying to be a reserve officer you are applying to a DCO program.
Okay, thanks for the clarity, so after the physical the next step are interviews? Do you know how the whole process works? Can you lay it out if you know the process??

Rudy.30

Here is the short and sweet application process.

-MEPS Physical - Go/No Go
-Build your packet.. (might be missing something)
  • Min 2 interviews (O-5 or O-6)
  • Updated Resume
  • College Transcripts & Certifications
  • Motivational Statement
  • Letters of Recommendations (LOR's) - 3
  • SF86 - 7 year background info
-Submit to the board

Once you get selected and gained at a NOSC you will go to ODS within your 1st year. Then get a seat at SUPPO BQC.

Supply BQC is 13-18 months with 6 weeks of in person training (3, 2 week sessions) and the rest at home/DWE training/testing. They recently shortened it to 13 months but I am told it will be going back to the longer ~18 month version.

Step one is to get selected so hopefully your recruiter can get everything done correctly and on time. I believe the board schedule is posted on this forum somewhere so try the search function. I would bet it is next June/July 2021.

Send me a PM if you have any other questions.

Goodfou

If you are asking these questions to your recruiter and he/she doesn’t know the answer and doesn’t make an attempt to find the answer or connect you with someone who knows, you may want to find another recruiter. Also, get on NPC and find the contact information of the SELRES Suppo OCM. He/she may or may not actually be a Suppo but can give you contact info for some in your area. You need this info anyway, because your interviews need to be with SELRES Suppos. This is exactly what I did to find the right people to interview for my package.

Lemwolf

Here is the short and sweet application process.

-MEPS Physical - Go/No Go
-Build your packet.. (might be missing something)
  • Min 2 interviews (O-5 or O-6)
  • Updated Resume
  • College Transcripts & Certifications
  • Motivational Statement
  • Letters of Recommendations (LOR's) - 3
  • SF86 - 7 year background info
-Submit to the board

Once you get selected and gained at a NOSC you will go to ODS within your 1st year. Then get a seat at SUPPO BQC.

Supply BQC is 13-18 months with 6 weeks of in person training (3, 2 week sessions) and the rest at home/DWE training/testing. They recently shortened it to 13 months but I am told it will be going back to the longer ~18 month version.

Step one is to get selected so hopefully your recruiter can get everything done correctly and on time. I believe the board schedule is posted on this forum somewhere so try the search function. I would bet it is next June/July 2021.

Send me a PM if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
I started working with my recruiter in June 2020, and gave him my college transcripts, letter of recommendations, current drill points, evals, motivational statement, resume and got my DD368 signed and approved in September, it expires on February 28, 2021. I just had the physical two weeks ago. I told him because of my experince and education I did not mind being commissioned as an Intel or Supply Officer. The response I got from him is he told me their was no definite dates, even though I looked and saw some dates have past. I was thinking about going to another recruiter but he is the officer recruiter for the region and he is the only one at the momemt, until they hire one for my area.. Thanks for the information.

Lemwolf

If you are asking these questions to your recruiter and he/she doesn’t know the answer and doesn’t make an attempt to find the answer or connect you with someone who knows, you may want to find another recruiter. Also, get on NPC and find the contact information of the SELRES Suppo OCM. He/she may or may not actually be a Suppo but can give you contact info for some in your area. You need this info anyway, because your interviews need to be with SELRES Suppos. This is exactly what I did to find the right people to interview for my package.
Read my comments from the last post...