• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN DCO Change to ODS 2020

exNavyOffRec

I haven't heard or seen it at my district. The PA's and checklist don't reflect that and Reserve applicants are still applying and being selected for active duty Officer programs without issue for us. The good news for them is, technically, they have 2 paths to apply for active Officer depending on if they are motivated to handle their own application or not.

I preferred it that way, maybe NRC loosened up a bit.

The PA never did mention how AD, reservist, or civilian if they had to go through OR or CCC, it was a memo that was put out that changed it, the verbal info they put out is that NRC felt reservist were trying to skirt the process by utilizing an OR and not their command

Edit: or maybe you guys were able to sneak a few in? I forgot that they have been several reservist on here applying for AD that have recently been told by the local NRD's they can't help them they have to work through their command.

subreservist

Edit: or maybe you guys were able to sneak a few in? I forgot that they have been several reservist on here applying for AD that have recently been told by the local NRD's they can't help them they have to work through their command.

We never received that guidance from district, so I don't view it as a sneak in. Honestly, hasn't been mentioned, but if it did, we'd definitely stop! No one wants to start the effort only to be shutdown. It would seem more likely for a recruiter who's not interested in working the package to use the "excuse" you need to go through CCC to avoid the work.

NRC has restructured though. NRDs are now "transformed" to NTAGs (Navy Talent Acquisition Groups) with TAOCs (Talent Acquisition Onboarding Centers) in charge of production. Hasn't really changed anything for ORs, but enlisted recruiting has had to make adjustments.

exNavyOffRec

We never received that guidance from district, so I don't view it as a sneak in. Honestly, hasn't been mentioned, but if it did, we'd definitely stop! No one wants to start the effort only to be shutdown. It would seem more likely for a recruiter who's not interested in working the package to use the "excuse" you need to go through CCC to avoid the work.

NRC has restructured though. NRDs are now "transformed" to NTAGs (Navy Talent Acquisition Groups) with TAOCs (Talent Acquisition Onboarding Centers) in charge of production. Hasn't really changed anything for ORs, but enlisted recruiting has had to make adjustments.
Seems like each time someone takes over something needs to change........

Last time the changes had drastic effects on OR's, pretty much screwed up Officer Recruiting, they had NC's telling OR's that when they were at career fairs and would meet officer candidates they should tell them "you need to join my Navy, I want you to come into my office at X pm to start the process" or the NC's couldn't understand whey a Mech Engineering student couldn't just leave school to meet.

Lemwolf

Yeah... it absolutely does matter what job you do in the Navy. You could try to change your rate to IS or LS, and go back to A school for that rate, but I have no idea how you'd do that or even if they would let you - go find out definitively from someone else.

Basically, my $0.02, every officer path for you looks like an uphill path at this point.
At the time, I could not be to picky, because I missed the first board and I would have missed my chance of going enlisted first. I literally turned 40 years old after 7 days of shipping out. Believe me I would have preferred LS, IS or QM.. Time wasn't on my side...

Lemwolf

I really hate recruiters like this.
Yeah you and me both, I just like straight forward people. I've been successful in all other aspects of my career and education, im almost finished my PhD. Luckily I have a lot of real life and organizational experince, I say this because if its not in "the cards" for me to serve as a officer, im ok but that doesn't mean I'm not going to stop pushing. Hey I made it through bootcanp at the age of 40..

Lemwolf

Here is the short and sweet application process.

-MEPS Physical - Go/No Go
-Build your packet.. (might be missing something)
  • Min 2 interviews (O-5 or O-6)
  • Updated Resume
  • College Transcripts & Certifications
  • Motivational Statement
  • Letters of Recommendations (LOR's) - 3
  • SF86 - 7 year background info
-Submit to the board

Once you get selected and gained at a NOSC you will go to ODS within your 1st year. Then get a seat at SUPPO BQC.

Supply BQC is 13-18 months with 6 weeks of in person training (3, 2 week sessions) and the rest at home/DWE training/testing. They recently shortened it to 13 months but I am told it will be going back to the longer ~18 month version.

Step one is to get selected so hopefully your recruiter can get everything done correctly and on time. I believe the board schedule is posted on this forum somewhere so try the search function. I would bet it is next June/July 2021.

Send me a PM if you have any other questions.
Hi Rudy 30, I'm giving you an update, my physical finally got cleared 2 weeks ago and my recruiter has all the required paperwork submitted and everything is completed what you have posted above but the interviews. Do you know the best way to get in contact with an 0-5 or 0-6 Reserve Supply Officer and an 0-4 or 0-5 Active Duty Supply Officer? I seen someone post NPC?

Last edited:

Lemwolf

If you are asking these questions to your recruiter and he/she doesn’t know the answer and doesn’t make an attempt to find the answer or connect you with someone who knows, you may want to find another recruiter. Also, get on NPC and find the contact information of the SELRES Suppo OCM. He/she may or may not actually be a Suppo but can give you contact info for some in your area. You need this info anyway, because your interviews need to be with SELRES Suppos. This is exactly what I did to find the right people to interview for my package.
Thanks,
I'm now at the the step I need interviews. My recruiter is looking for interviewers, he told me I can look to so my package can be complete. Imma start working on that ASAP. I appreciated you and everyone's help last time .

trakanon

Contributor
Thanks,
I'm now at the the step I need interviews. My recruiter is looking for interviewers, he told me I can look to so my package can be complete. Imma start working on that ASAP. I appreciated you and everyone's help last time .

Good luck sir

Lemwolf

Good luck to your sir!

I just found out today that my packet was pushed to the August Board unfortunately. I'm 1825 too
Hang in there I'm 3165, I found out my board is pushed back to July. The Navy has a new process for prior, my package has to go to my Skipper.

GCJ8404

Hang in there I'm 3165, I found out my board is pushed back to July. The Navy has a new process for prior, my package has to go to my Skipper.
Thanks....I'm civilian and the process has been trying to say the least. Really confused how I got pushed back....thought my packet was superb, but perhaps there were other factors. Thanks for info!

Lemwolf

Thanks....I'm civilian and the process has been trying to say the least. Really confused how I got pushed back....thought my packet was superb, but perhaps there were other factors. Thanks for info!
Don't feel bad, in currently serving and its been a long process you can only imagine. Got any questions for me about my process?

GCJ8404

Don't feel bad, in currently serving and its been a long process you can only imagine. Got any questions for me about my process?
Thanks again! I would assume your process is somewhat similar to mine, but perhaps more straightforward since you're actually serving AD. I also just got notified that my age waiver was approved 2wks ago, so I was thrilled and thinking good to go! Then the word today that I'm pushed to Aug.
So how competitive is it for Suppo's? I hear there's a tremendous need globally for them.

Lemwolf

Thanks again! I would assume your process is somewhat similar to mine, but perhaps more straightforward since you're actually serving AD. I also just got notified that my age waiver was approved 2wks ago, so I was thrilled and thinking good to go! Then the word today that I'm pushed to Aug.
So how competitive is it for Suppo's? I hear there's a tremendous need globally for them.
I'm serving as a Rearvist, my package is for DCO. Are you doing DCO or OCS?