• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN DCO Change to ODS 2020

a_dub

"flank" speed
Click on an individuals name and click start conversation to converse with them in private. This is a public forum so I wouldn't blast personal info here where anyone can get ahold of it.

Good lord, yes please, take this to a conversation. Came on here to look for recent ODS experiences and had to go through 2 pages of crap. Anyways, if anybody is scheduled for an upcoming ODS class, I can pass some info if interested, just some small tips that may help the experience. Please do not contact me if you do not have a confirmed, upcoming class date in the near future. No need to waste time passing info that changes quickly with the ROM and everything else going on.

Rudy.30

Good lord, yes please, take this to a conversation. Came on here to look for recent ODS experiences and had to go through 2 pages of crap. Anyways, if anybody is scheduled for an upcoming ODS class, I can pass some info if interested, just some small tips that may help the experience. Please do not contact me if you do not have a confirmed, upcoming class date in the near future. No need to waste time passing info that changes quickly with the ROM and everything else going on.

Best advice I can give people going to ODS with a 2 week ROM is to stock up on food/water before your hard check-in time... You will get a lot of pop tarts, jimmy dean sausages, chips, and sandwiches while you are in ROM. I kinda cringe thinking about it now. ha

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Okay thanks for the confirmation, I was just wondering because I took a ODS physical two weeks ago. So I know ODS is five weeks, how long will my Supply or specialty courses be?

The Active school is 5 months, the Reserve school you have up to 36 months to complete, but should take you 15-18 months depending on schedule.
The Reserve school is broken down into 3, 2-week on-site periods with 5-6 months remote work from home.

So it looks like this: Start BQC with 2 weeks on-site, followed by 5-6 months study from home, next 2-weeks on-site, followed by 5-6 months from home then last 2-weeks on-site and graduation. Reservists can get a spot in the Active class, but there has to be funding and your Command has to approve (along with the schoolhouse). The material is exactly the same, but the delivery is completely different.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
The Active school is 5 months, the Reserve school you have up to 36 months to complete, but should take you 15-18 months depending on schedule.
The Reserve school is broken down into 3, 2-week on-site periods with 5-6 months remote work from home.

So it looks like this: Start BQC with 2 weeks on-site, followed by 5-6 months study from home, next 2-weeks on-site, followed by 5-6 months from home then last 2-weeks on-site and graduation. Reservists can get a spot in the Active class, but there has to be funding and your Command has to approve (along with the schoolhouse). The material is exactly the same, but the delivery is completely different.

Didn't see that @Rudy.30 already posted this.