• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN DCO Change to ODS 2020

Lemwolf

Here is the short and sweet application process.

-MEPS Physical - Go/No Go
-Build your packet.. (might be missing something)
  • Min 2 interviews (O-5 or O-6)
  • Updated Resume
  • College Transcripts & Certifications
  • Motivational Statement
  • Letters of Recommendations (LOR's) - 3
  • SF86 - 7 year background info
-Submit to the board

Once you get selected and gained at a NOSC you will go to ODS within your 1st year. Then get a seat at SUPPO BQC.

Supply BQC is 13-18 months with 6 weeks of in person training (3, 2 week sessions) and the rest at home/DWE training/testing. They recently shortened it to 13 months but I am told it will be going back to the longer ~18 month version.

Step one is to get selected so hopefully your recruiter can get everything done correctly and on time. I believe the board schedule is posted on this forum somewhere so try the search function. I would bet it is next June/July 2021.

Send me a PM if you have any other questions.
Thanks for this information. Read my response below it will let you know what I've been experiencing, thanks for the insight..

Goodfou

Read my comments from the last post...
Sorry buddy, but you should rethink this response. Comes off a bit as a direction/order. You can do what you wish with my input. Fact of the matter is I have successfully done what you are trying to do. I am quite aware of the quality, or lack thereof, regarding DCO recruiters. They are usually a senior enlisted or JO just trying to be on orders to make some steady cash. Don’t really know the ins and outs of the programs. Your geographic region does not restrict you to who you can go to for a recruiter. Get creative, use a relative’s address if you have to, in order to get the best recruiter you can get. Or not. Your choice. Bottom line, you have way too many unanswered questions that any half decent recruiter should be able to find the answer to, without a shot in the dark blast on a forum.

exNavyOffRec

Thanks,
I started working with my recruiter in June 2020, and gave him my college transcripts, letter of recommendations, current drill points, evals, motivational statement, resume and got my DD368 signed and approved in September, it expires on February 28, 2021. I just had the physical two weeks ago. I told him because of my experince and education I did not mind being commissioned as an Intel or Supply Officer. The response I got from him is he told me their was no definite dates, even though I looked and saw some dates have past. I was thinking about going to another recruiter but he is the officer recruiter for the region and he is the only one at the momemt, until they hire one for my area.. Thanks for the information.

Are you working with an Officer Recruiter or Career Counselor?

Lemwolf

Here is the short and sweet application process.

-MEPS Physical - Go/No Go
-Build your packet.. (might be missing something)
  • Min 2 interviews (O-5 or O-6)
  • Updated Resume
  • College Transcripts & Certifications
  • Motivational Statement
  • Letters of Recommendations (LOR's) - 3
  • SF86 - 7 year background info
-Submit to the board

Once you get selected and gained at a NOSC you will go to ODS within your 1st year. Then get a seat at SUPPO BQC.

Supply BQC is 13-18 months with 6 weeks of in person training (3, 2 week sessions) and the rest at home/DWE training/testing. They recently shortened it to 13 months but I am told it will be going back to the longer ~18 month version.

Step one is to get selected so hopefully your recruiter can get everything done correctly and on time. I believe the board schedule is posted on this forum somewhere so try the search function. I would bet it is next June/July 2021.

Send me a PM if you have any other questions.

Last edited:

Lemwolf

Sorry buddy, but you should rethink this response. Comes off a bit as a direction/order. You can do what you wish with my input. Fact of the matter is I have successfully done what you are trying to do. I am quite aware of the quality, or lack thereof, regarding DCO recruiters. They are usually a senior enlisted or JO just trying to be on orders to make some steady cash. Don’t really know the ins and outs of the programs. Your geographic region does not restrict you to who you can go to for a recruiter. Get creative, use a relative’s address if you have to, in order to get the best recruiter you can get. Or not. Your choice. Bottom line, you have way too many unanswered questions that any half decent recruiter should be able to find the answer to, without a shot in the dark blast on a forum.
Im taking your advice, you have been helpful. When I said read my last post, I meant read the posting I responded to another member on the thread. It was not a slam at you, I just didn't want to re type what I responded to him concerning my situation. I appreciate your voice and help shipmate..

Lemwolf

Reservist are supposed to work through their career counselors, are you using the 1420 instruction
I worked with my unit counselor but she has been crossed assigned and we are remote drilling again and we have a new command counselor. My NOSC is small they keep directing me back to my recruiter, this is why I became a member here to get insight from sailors who have been through the process, ive got allot of feed back from you and others, I really appreciate it shipmates..

Lemwolf

I found this to be the most important part, often a panel interview was set up with an O-5/6 and 2 others.

If you don't get 10's that will not be the best.
Thanks,
I will take everyone's advice who took the time to respond to me, I appreciate all the feedback.

exNavyOffRec

I worked with my unit counselor but she has been crossed assigned and we are remote drilling again and we have a new command counselor. My NOSC is small they keep directing me back to my recruiter, this is why I became a member here to get insight from sailors who have been through the process, ive got allot of feed back from you and others, I really appreciate it shipmates..
as long as you are using the 1420 then if NRC at the end comes back and says "submit through your command" you can turn around and submit via your command in no time at all.

Goodfou

Reservist are supposed to work through their career counselors, are you using the 1420 instruction
Are you sure? I couldn’t find anything about DCO in the 1420 when I applied in 16. Also couldn’t go through my CCC because the DCO program package instructions seemed to be closely held secrets of Navy Recruiting Command. ??‍♂️ I ended up working with a DCO recruiter out of NRD Jax.

Lemwolf

I'll just wait for now, this year is about done, plus I'm waiting on two waivers to get pushed through. I'll stay on top of things... im confident it will happen. If my DD368 expires, ill just get another one atleast the physical will be done and good for 2 years..

Hair Warrior

Contributor
IIRC, DCO SUPPO boards are in summer.

Would you mind telling a bit more about yourself? Age, rate, TIS, etc. - all of those could impact your chances.