• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CUBI CAT is BA-A-A-ACK ??

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Everybody from post 188 on down is a buddy fer for not doing the right thing and deleting his post the second he posted it(ADMINS!).....but rather trying to counsel a motivated soul who's doing the right thing and getting the job done. Shame on you all and especially those who quoted him.
Right ... thanks for your input. Now ... where were we ... ???

puck_11

Growler LSO
pilot
Nice work Master! You should have had a booth at Tailhook, I'm sure the older gents would have been pretty excited about it!

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
hmmmm....
stickku5.jpg

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Rgr, I will confirm today. I will bring the tools req'd and if it's okay'd, I'll send it out today.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
MB, I'll have the stick removed tomorrow. The sim is inop and going to DRMO in a week or so after it's de-milled locally. Send me your address/contact info.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hozer,
Let me know if you need any tools or assistance. Drop me a PM.
-ea6bflyr ;)

MasterBates

As a side note, if anyone in the JAX area has anything for the CubiCat, I will be in Jacksonville Wednesday night thru Sunday. (take a wild guess WHY :banghead_ )

MasterBates

Here is the current deal-

Pit is done. Concrete forms are about 1/3 done.

The concrete mix is on site, along with the re-mesh and rebar.

Plan is to pour Saturday, September 27th at 0900 weather permitting (no torrential downpours within 24 hours)

Depending on how much I can knock out between flights this week, we may just start pouring once I get enough guys on site to start up. If I am swamped, there may still be some form and re-bar work to be done. I have an "event" up on FB, but this is for the locals who are not on that or did not get the memo.

I figure we need at least 5 guys to do it. 2 to mix/run bags, 1 to pour and tap forms, and 2 to run the screed boards. The more we get, it gets easier because we will have runners (to lowes for OH CRAP WE NEED MORE XX runs and for Food/Beer/Soda) and cooks/random helpers.

I'll have a mixer and some basic tools from public works, but if you have any concrete tools, please bring them. I have done concrete work in the past on the farm and at home, but if there is a "Concrete Expert" around, I would appreciate someone who is better with it than me to help and provide pointers.

Planning on having coolers full of soda/beer/water and firing up the grill on the O-Club patio.

If someone has a good outdoor radio, bring that.

PM/EMail or call me if you have questions. I know with the Weps Det going out, it's gonna be short on people, so any help I can get is great, and appreciated.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
statesman said:
So is this still going to be the CubiCat or is it going to be the Kingsville Cat?
Well, you can name it whatever you want -- but what's the rationale for the CAT in the first place???

A big-boy toy addition for the
KVille club ??

Or a head-nod to NAVAIR traditions, camaraderie, WESTPAC times past,
good ships, better squadrons, and great Amigos, i.e., good memories, good times, etc., etc. .. ??

Without CUBI -- there wouldn't be a KVille CAT.

Just my $20 worth ... :)