• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CUBI CAT is BA-A-A-ACK ??

MasterBates

Nah, Nicole did not want to stretch her legs out to the footrests and flash the crowd. Her boyfriend would be slightly pissed with me if she did.

MasterBates

Here are some better pics.

Attachments

• OutsideSmall.jpg
    OutsideSmall.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 236
  • Viewfrompitsmall.jpg
    Viewfrompitsmall.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 169
  • HoldbackSmall.jpg
    HoldbackSmall.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 224
  • LaunchView.jpg
    LaunchView.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 222

MasterBates

If anyone is around Krock 1500L Wednesday (Oct 22), I could use some help. Pool track needs a 2nd coat of primer, catapult section needs a coat of grey paint, and I have to fab up some gusset plates to join the pool track to the main track plus a couple odds and ends.

Meet at the Club @ 1500, alternate location is the auto hobby shop (you can see it from the CubiPool). I may be running a couple minutes late, I land at 1410, but SHOULD be able to be there by then.

Incenter12

Go Blue
pilot
Since it seems you've done your fair share of RDO, I get that til 1130 then it's all good after the AOM. I'll bring the video camera.

Incenter12

Go Blue
pilot
First full test runs were done today since we got done early and had time to try it.

Frenchy made the first run with no cat shot since there wasn't quite enough water in the pool yet.

Master made the first full cat shot run with the bump stop set all the way back to try it out.

I was up next with the bump stop about half way up and I dropped the hook was too early. The hook will lock up but still catch the safety wire but you're getting wet at that point.

This video shows the hold-back mechanism for launching.

MasterBates

It was GLORIOUS!

OpEval went far better than I expected. 2 minor things to fix, and it will be 4.0 for the grand opening to the public on Halloween!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I gotta tell you -- I was sitting here looking at the three vids (above) when I realized that I had a big shit-eating grin on my face ... :D ... almost like droppin' back in time.

Well done, boys & men !!

Well done, Bates !!!

BZ big time ...

HuggyU2

None
I got to say that is cool. I'm impressed. That is a great bit of engineering.
So,... when I make my way down to Kingsville, will you let an AF pilot take a shot? Or is it Navy/Marine only?
And if I trap, does that count for a membership in Tailhook??

I'm going to try to see if I can come down for the inauguration.

MasterBates

You can go for a ride.

If I can get a ride in the 2 seater U-2. :D

Seriously, it is open for all to try to ride.

Since it will be the Halloween Party look for the guy in the flight deck jersey that says "Kat Officer"