• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CUBI CAT is BA-A-A-ACK ??

MasterBates

If anyone is around tomorrow and has free time, the hole still needs some backfilling around the concrete. There are shovels on the patio, near the grill. I don't have to be there if guys are available to do stuff.

The track is over at the club (well, 1/2 of it anyways) just be careful, it may have wet paint.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Pics from the progress yesterday.

Got the hold-back welded up and installed.
Moved the first portion of track over to the Club. Got it sanded put a couple coats of primer on.
Started on the stairs and platform for ingress.
Patched up some spots in the pool.

Is anyone else having trouble getting the pictures to load? I get the popup but no picture.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
It's being looked at on the MOD side. It's not just an issue in this thread.

For trouble shooting:

I'm using Firefox 3.03 on Vista. Going to try it in other browsers.

UPDATE:

Tried it in Safari for Windows. Still a problem.

MasterBates

Myself, Incenter, es101js and Jon-Boy got a bit of work done today.

Boarding platform and ladder are done, 2nd coat of paint on the track, and the winch platform is on. Also got the grading and leveling for "vultures row" 90% done.

Tomorrow, provided my flight goes as scheduled should have the catwalk grating, safety rail and waterscoop on the jet done, and the catapult section ready to move to the club for sanding and painting.

I need a pogo stick. Anyone local have one? No joy at WallyWorld.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
MB,
Shipping this out today from NASP. As a condition, you can't give NFO's shit for a while.

Edit: Left here at 11 am, it'll be at the Puma by Friday.

MasterBates

Nice, thanks Hozer.

Talked to the Museum today, it looks like all they have is T-2 hooks, which work for me, even though they look a bit odd.

MasterBates

99 Krock locals,

Barring any major snags in the next 5 hours, the catapult section is going to be moved to the club at 1700-1730L today. I need at least 6 guys to help, as we need to carry it over the pool (too wide to fit in thru bar)

I will be at the MWR Auto Hobby shop from 1230ish on, swing by or call me if you can come help.

VT-21 SDO has my number in the recall if you need it.

MasterBates

OK, no joy on getting a crew to move it today.

Tomorrow?

October 9 2008. Auto hobby shop 1700. Beer at the club is on me after.

Happy hour 1500-1900-Last Drunk in Bar at the club Wed-Thurs-Fri from now on.

Come move the cat, and support your club!

MasterBates

Cat is at the club, and right now I am doing final assembly and paint.

Tested the Catapult on it's first live test Saturday. It was firm to the point of painful so I backed off on the spring a tad.

It was on display at the Navy Ball, and it was available for photo ops. I will take some better pics tomorrow when it's daylight. The last big piece is the track section in the pool, and that should be done this week and in the pool by the weekend for full system tests next weekend.

Attachments

• cubidemo.jpg
    cubidemo.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 276
  • cubidemo2.jpg
    cubidemo2.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 248

phrogpilot73

Looking good MB, go ahead and put yourself in for a Bronze Star - it is after all more work than what the AF requires for one... ;)

Did you intend to make the ergonomics for whoever sits in it represent you stuffed into the clown jet (aka knees in chest)?