• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

taxi1

pilot
China (with Fauci’s NIH money) making and manipulating this virus in a biolab
scaryvirus
So you guys will gladly wait your turn to get some virus crafted by human hands in a Wuhan bioweapons lab, the result of gain of function work designing a more deadly product, that has killed over 600,000 in the US of A and permanently messed up probably five times that number...so you can get “natural” immunity?

Over a vaccine also crafted by human hands, but with the opposite purpose of Wuhan virus, that has gone into a billion arms and killed like 10 people on the entire globe?

That’s the reasoning I’m hearing.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
So you guys will gladly wait your turn to get some virus crafted by human hands in a Wuhan bioweapons lab, the result of gain of function work designing a more deadly product, that has killed over 600,000 in the US of A and permanently messed up probably five times that number...so you can get “natural” immunity?

Over a vaccine also crafted by human hands, but with the opposite purpose of Wuhan virus, that has gone into a billion arms and killed like 10 people on the entire globe?

Did I say that?

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
This thread is like a train wreck. I get absolutely nothing from looking at it, and yet I keep coming back.

Let the logical fallacies and hurt feelings continue… :D

This entire site is Mos Eisley, but it's one of the tabs that opens when I middle-click my "Morning Reads" folder, and I just stare at it like a car accident and wonder why I even took the 405 this morning...

Hair Warrior

Contributor

I’m fully vaccinated, everyone in my family over age 18 is, and I recommend anyone to consult with their doctor(s) about whether or not they should get vaccinated. I’m a bit worried about long term effects of the vaccine, but this concept isn’t new in medicine - the mainstream treatment for cancer is to get zapped with radiation.

Masks outdoors? Or in my own home? I haven’t seen evidence they are effective outdoors or when worn at home. I comply with DoD regs and wear them at work, or in certain off base establishments like restaurants and stores. But I gotta say, it was nice for those ~3 months not having to wear one.

In terms of whether state, local, or municpal office holders have the executive power to mandate all their rules over individuals and small businesses, I would refer them to the US Constitution and case law, which isn’t in their favor when you take a “two weeks to stop the spread” executive privilege and extend it to two years (and stack ofher new powers on top, like digital passports). For DoD regs, sure, I just say aye aye ma’am or sir.

Last but not least, one can absolutely criticize Fauci, China, the news media, and others about their role in this coronavirus, and still wear a mask when asked and get vaccinated. One can wonder what’s in the vaccine and point at how the vaccine makers should be accountable if their vaccine causes harm or death, and still encourage people to get the vaccine if they want it. There is nuance and too many Americans don’t do nuance anymore.

taxi1

pilot
I’m fully vaccinated, everyone in my family over age 18 is, and I recommend anyone to consult with their doctor(s) about whether or not they should get vaccinated. I’m a bit worried about long term effects of the vaccine, but this concept isn’t new in medicine - the mainstream treatment for cancer is to get zapped with radiation.

Masks outdoors? Or in my own home? I haven’t seen evidence they are effective outdoors or when worn at home. I comply with DoD regs and wear them at work, or in certain off base establishments like restaurants and stores. But I gotta say, it was nice for those ~3 months not having to wear one.

In terms of whether state, local, or municpal office holders have the executive power to mandate all their rules over individuals and small businesses, I would refer them to the US Constitution and case law, which isn’t in their favor when you take a “two weeks to stop the spread” executive privilege and extend it to two years (and stack ofher new powers on top, like digital passports). For DoD regs, sure, I just say aye aye ma’am or sir.

Last but not least, one can absolutely criticize Fauci, China, the news media, and others about their role in this coronavirus, and still wear a mask when asked and get vaccinated. One can wonder what’s in the vaccine and point at how the vaccine makers should be accountable if their vaccine causes harm or death, and still encourage people to get the vaccine if they want it. There is nuance and too many Americans don’t do nuance anymore.
Can't argue with too much of that!

But new research is out on masking, including RCT studies.

They work.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Did you even read it. Cause I just did and as painful as it was. The paper is not about efficiency of masks but mask usage and compliance! All it says is that multi studies of the flu and Coronavirus, that mask work. All it showed was percentage of mask use. Still doesn’t prove masks work. You should really get your PHD money back.

Even the title of the paper tells us it’s about use:
“NORMALIZING COMMUNITY MASK-WEARING”

Wish I would have read the title more clearly instead wasting 15 minutes of brain cells..

taxi1

pilot
Did you even read it. Cause I just did and as painful as it was. The paper is not about efficiency of masks but mask usage and compliance! All it says is that multi studies of the flu and Coronavirus, that mask work. All it showed was percentage of mask use. Still doesn’t prove masks work. You should really get your PHD money back.

Even the title of the paper tells us it’s about use:
“NORMALIZING COMMUNITY MASK-WEARING”

Wish I would have read the title more clearly instead wasting 15 minutes of brain cells..
That was the wrong article, but I'm glad you spent 15 minutes figuring it out and not me.

There's a link in the twitter thread somewhere to a preprint. I think. I see it is under review in the journal Science, so might be shared.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
That was the wrong article, but I'm glad you spent 15 minutes figuring it out and not me.

There's a link in the twitter thread somewhere to a preprint. I think. I see it is under review in the journal Science, so might be shared.
Here I am going to help you.. This is the latest study that I have seen that say masks work.

https://aip.scitation.org/doi/10.1063/5.0057100

But if you read the fine print. It’s says cloth masks are best case 10% effective.

You‘re welcome!