• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Doubtful. My guess is there will be no small number of folks who refuse and are ADSEP'd.

I've anecdotally heard individual talk like that, but I wonder if those folks will actually follow-through and do it. It's a pretty hard stance, stacking a vaccine refusal above military service. Those stories could tend to go far, and make it sound like more folks are getting out than there probably are. Hard statistics will be difficult to come by for a while. Sound familiar?

My prediction is most of the ADSEPs will be from reserve units, and a few junior AD folks.

We're about to see I suppose, potentially along with how well-prepared all the military's admin departments and lawyers are. Either way, with all the questions and issues that are bound to crop up, I'm sure glad I'm not an admin DH anymore... ;)

Last edited:

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
I've anecdotally heard individual talk like that, but I wonder if those folks will actually follow-through and do it. It's a pretty hard stance, stacking a vaccine refusal above military service. Those stories could tend to go far, and make it sound like more folks are getting out than there probably are. Hard statistics will be difficult to come by for a while. Sound familiar?

My prediction is most of the ADSEPs will be from reserve units, and a few junior AD folks.

We're about to see I suppose, potentially along with how well-prepared all the military's admin departments and lawyers are. Either way, with all the questions and issues that are bound to crop up, I'm sure glad I'm not an admin DH anymore... ;)

Agreed, I think if there is an impact to manning it will be in the reserves and probably from those with enough years to retire anyway or not enough years to care.

Mirage

pilot

I think for the majority of people who say that, you're right and they will not follow through. But unfortunately the vaccine has been so political from the beginning, and so much misinformation has been disseminated both by the govt and private actors, that some people will feel like they are having to choose between their health and their job, and will choose their health. Others will even feel a sense a duty to not get the vax because forcing them to get it is a violation of their personal freedom.

The majority will fall in line and get it, but it doesn't take a large percentage of "others" for the number of refusers to get large. And a command doesn't have to lose many of any particular rate for it to be affected drastically.

I also would be surprised if many folks are taken to court martial over this. The Navy won't want the bad press. Folks will be given the opportunity to resign/get out with honorable discharges and will take it.

Last edited:

jackjack

I don't think it will stop when they get out. To get a medical appointment at VA, they may require proof of vaccination. There will probably be other things that will also be vaccine required.

taxi1

pilot
Thanks for posting that. Let me summarize what the article said, since it looks like you didn't read it

• 2,000,000 vaccinated in the sample
  • 57 had some kind of issue
  • 0 deaths
  • 0 in the ICU
  • About 30 spent a night in the hospital
  • All are back to normal or getting better

If those same 2,000,000 had COVID-19 you would expect to see at least 30,000 hospitalizations and 2,000 in the ICU.
They should be separated for bad risk management.

SlickAg

pilot
Thanks for posting that. Let me summarize what the article said, since it looks like you didn't read it

• 2,000,000 vaccinated in the sample
  • 57 had some kind of issue
  • 0 deaths
  • 0 in the ICU
  • About 30 spent a night in the hospital
  • All are back to normal or getting better
If those same 2,000,000 had COVID-19 you would expect to see at least 30,000 hospitalizations and 2,000 in the ICU.

They should be separated for bad risk management.
You’re right. Heart issues in otherwise young, healthy male populations (such as the military) are just balderdash.

Did the military have more COVID deaths, suicides, or motorcycle deaths in 2020?

SlickAg

pilot
I don't think it will stop when they get out. To get a medical appointment at VA, they may require proof of vaccination. There will probably be other things that will also be vaccine required.
Maybe they can get jobs patrolling the neighborhoods to enforce the vaccine lockdowns, and serve out the remainder of their hitch that way.

jackjack

Our Adelaide 7 day lockdown was 3 weeks ago. We eradicated the outbreak and getting back to normal. We still have masks in some places. Melbourne and Brisbane are getting on top of cases as they arise. From the spillage from Sydney. Sydney still hasn't locked down properly and cases are growing. Like the US, each state here is in charge of their own health orders.

If I were you, I really wouldn't go down this street of our unarmed military assisting. Under direct police control and paired with a police officer. Though most are freeing up police, by doing back of office work. Or comparing it to Trump walking across the road. It won't finish up well.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Our Adelaide 7 day lockdown was 3 weeks ago. We eradicated the outbreak and getting back to normal. We still have masks in some places. Melbourne and Brisbane are getting on top of cases as they arise. From the spillage from Sydney. Sydney still hasn't locked down properly and cases are growing. Like the US, each state here is in charge of their own health orders.

If I were you, I really wouldn't go down this street of our unarmed military assisting. Under direct police control and paired with a police officer. Though most are freeing up police, by doing back of office work. Or comparing it to Trump walking across the road. It won't finish up well.
It won’t finish up well because nobody gives a fuck what you think about any of the things you just said. That and your posting history on this thread makes it clear you’re an idiot.

Still baffling a foreign covid hobbyist found his way to this site.

taxi1

pilot
Did the military have more COVID deaths, suicides, or motorcycle deaths in 2020?
Since the vaccine kills no one and if sick everyone gets better, we are going to end up with far more ICU time and deaths from COVID-19 than from the vax.