• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

SlickAg

pilot
Since the vaccine kills no one and if sick everyone gets better, we are going to end up with far more ICU time and deaths from COVID-19 than from the vax.
Not what I asked, but okay. The answer is suicide. There have been 28 covid deaths in the military, compared to 377 suicides in 2020 and however many there have been thus far in 2021.

You do the math about which is currently the more pressing crisis in the military.

If the leadership actually cared about saving peoples’ lives, as they love to claim, they’d stop with the BS and let us go back to normal. But it’s political, so they won’t (not can’t, won’t).

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Not what I asked, but okay. The answer is suicide. There have been 28 covid deaths in the military, compared to 377 suicides in 2020 and however many there have been thus far in 2021.

You do the math about which is currently the more pressing crisis in the military.

If the leadership actually cared about saving peoples’ lives, as they love to claim, they’d stop with the BS and let us go back to normal. But it’s political, so they won’t (not can’t, won’t).

More frustrating is something completely preventable like motorcycle deaths. More servicemembers are killed every year in off duty motorcycle accidents (and way more injured) than from scaryvirus. Yet the Navy and DoD went nuts trying to stop a respiratory virus with all kinds of restrictions (which likely added more suicides than covid deaths) when banning motorcycles could be done with the stroke of a pen and actually save money while we’re at it.

Of course the suicide problem needs work too but if saving lives and preventing injury is what we care about (it isn’t) we could have done way more by targeting motorcycles and completely ignoring scaryvirus.

Mirage

pilot
More frustrating is something completely preventable like motorcycle deaths. More servicemembers are killed every year in off duty motorcycle accidents (and way more injured) than from scaryvirus. Yet the Navy and DoD went nuts trying to stop a respiratory virus with all kinds of restrictions (which likely added more suicides than covid deaths) when banning motorcycles could be done with the stroke of a pen and actually save money while we’re at it.

Of course the suicide problem needs work too but if saving lives and preventing injury is what we care about (it isn’t) we could have done way more by targeting motorcycles and completely ignoring scaryvirus.
OR... we could just accept that death is a part of life, and freedom should be to, and let people make decisions that they think are best for them. They want to risk their lives on motorcycles, go for it. You scared to take a emergency use vax against a virus that wouldn't hurt you, so be it. FREEDOM is worth the negative statistics and outcomes that sometimes result from granting it.

Edited to add.. I know your point is the DoD and govt's disproportionate response to COVID, and it's well taken.

Python

pilot
Contributor
Are you ignorant? VAERS data 100% says that people have died from the vaccine.
https://vaers.hhs.gov/

I think the vax should not be mandated, but VAERS isn’t the best source. Anyone can submit on there, and the submissions are unverified. They don’t establish causality (dead after vaccine or because of vaccine). No follow ups are done.

edit: not saying nobody has died because of the vax, but VAERS data is not the best way to establish it. I’d imagine whatever the total number of deaths and adverse reactions, the numbers are quite overestimated if using VAERS.

SlickAg

pilot
Would be funny if he went and got a GS civ job or Capitol Hill job (both are federal govt) just to mess with them.
Thrown out with the bathwater when they’re no longer politically useful.

Here’s an article about the appearance in question; I know some people here won’t click on it because it’s Fox News (gasp!), but strangely enough, CNN chose not to write any print about it. Strange...

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
I think the vax should not be mandated, but VAERS isn’t the best source. Anyone can submit on there, and the submissions are unverified. They don’t establish causality (dead after vaccine or because of vaccine). No follow ups are done.

edit: not saying nobody has died because of the vax, but VAERS data is not the best way to establish it. I’d imagine whatever the total number of deaths and adverse reactions, the numbers are quite overestimated if using VAERS.
So you’re telling me I shouldn‘t believe the CDC’s own data but I should believe everything else from the CDC?

Taxi1 said nobody has died from the vaccine…. Even if VAERS is not accurate, that is not a true statement!

Python

pilot
Contributor
So you’re telling me I shouldn‘t believe the CDC’s own data but I should believe everything else from the CDC?

Taxi1 said nobody has died from the vaccine…. Even if VAERS is not accurate, that is not a true statement!

VAERS is not the CDC’s data. It is the CDC-provided collection point for all citizens to submit their own data, and for others to view it.

Taxi1 is wrong. The number of deaths is nonzero.

taxi1

pilot
Taxi1 is wrong. The number of deaths is nonzero.
The number of deaths from the sample set of 2,000,000 vaccinated that @SlickAg linked to was zero. Also the number of ICU visits. That is hard data.

What’s the expected number of deaths from 2,000,000 Covid patients? Number of ICU visits?

There have been 28 covid deaths in the military
I bet there have been zero deaths due to the vaccine.

And if everyone got vaccinated, there’d be zero more Covid deaths in the military.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
The number of deaths is nonzero.
I'm not a believer that counting methodologies for cause of death accounts for incorrectly attributing COVID-19 as the cause of death for over 600k people, but when we're down to averaging extremely few fatalities over a 7-day average in areas with a vaccination rate of 60% or better, I have to start to think that those miscounts are statistically more significant.

SlickAg

pilot
Last edited: