• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

taxi1

pilot
If a variant came along that was a cross between the original SARS and the Delta variant, even Rand Paul would be like...

SlickAg

pilot
Given his track record of success, I’m just super surprised that Fauci got this so incredibly wrong. I mean, if the Today Show is running this story...

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Given his track record of success, I’m just super surprised that Fauci got this so incredibly wrong. I mean, if the Today Show is running this story...

It’s because they were all wearing pieces of cloth strapped to their faces

SlickAg

pilot
You are certain vaccines are not a factor, or are you trolling again?
You're clearly trolling me here.

Let's think logically about this one, stadiums across America are packing in close to 100,000 people in the stands each week. If there were issues resulting from this, do you not think it would be headline news across the country?

How are the hospitals in Baton Rouge, Starkville, Oxford, Gainesville, Tuscaloosa, Athens, Knoxville, Lexington, and other destinations throughout the southern states doing two weeks after home games? People lined up in the hallways of the hospitals waiting for the unavailable ICU beds? They should be doing terribly because of their states' low vaccination rates and lack of mask mandates, right? Cases are WAY down across all of these states as well.

I hate to break it to you, but this Harvard study actually shows that vaccinated populations actually have a slightly higher case rate.

“At the country-level, there appears to be no discernable relationship between percentage of population fully vaccinated and new COVID-19 cases in the last 7 days (Fig. 1). In fact, the trend line suggests a marginally positive association such that countries with higher percentage of population fully vaccinated have higher COVID-19 cases per 1 million people. Notably, Israel with over 60% of their population fully vaccinated had the highest COVID-19 cases per 1 million people in the last 7 days. The lack of a meaningful association between percentage population fully vaccinated and new COVID-19 cases is further exemplified, for instance, by comparison of Iceland and Portugal. Both countries have over 75% of their population fully vaccinated and have more COVID-19 cases per 1 million people than countries such as Vietnam and South Africa that have around 10% of their population fully vaccinated.”

Last edited:

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You're clearly trolling me here.

Let's think logically about this one, stadiums across America are packing in close to 100,000 people in the stands each week. If there were issues resulting from this, do you not think it would be headline news across the country?

How are the hospitals in Baton Rouge, Starkville, Oxford, Gainesville, Tuscaloosa, Athens, Knoxville, Lexington, and other destinations throughout the southern states doing two weeks after home games? People lined up in the hallways of the hospitals waiting for the unavailable ICU beds? They should be doing terribly because of their states' low vaccination rates and lack of mask mandates, right? Cases are WAY down across all of these states as well.

I hate to break it to you, but this Harvard study actually shows that vaccinated populations actually have a slightly higher case rate.

“At the country-level, there appears to be no discernable relationship between percentage of population fully vaccinated and new COVID-19 cases in the last 7 days (Fig. 1). In fact, the trend line suggests a marginally positive association such that countries with higher percentage of population fully vaccinated have higher COVID-19 cases per 1 million people. Notably, Israel with over 60% of their population fully vaccinated had the highest COVID-19 cases per 1 million people in the last 7 days. The lack of a meaningful association between percentage population fully vaccinated and new COVID-19 cases is further exemplified, for instance, by comparison of Iceland and Portugal. Both countries have over 75% of their population fully vaccinated and have more COVID-19 cases per 1 million people than countries such as Vietnam and South Africa that have around 10% of their population fully vaccinated.”

Hate to break it to you, but you are no MD, or scientific researcher. We both know that plenty of studies have been thrown on the ash heap. The half life is probably 8 months. And neither one of us is in a position to critique them. Fact is, you can not be certain vaccinations have not been a factor in football fan case rates.

Fully half your post was not responsive to my question. Thanks for pointing out what is casually known.

SlickAg

pilot
Hate to break it to you, but you are no MD, or scientific researcher. We both know that plenty of studies have been thrown on the ash heap. The half life is probably 8 months. And neither one of us is in a position to critique them. Fact is, you can not be certain vaccinations have not been a factor in football fan case rates.

Fully half your post was not responsive to my question. Thanks for pointing out what is casually known.
You got me, doctor. Also not a doctor. But unless you plan on censoring me, I’m allowed to state my opinion and share it with others. You can agree or not, I don’t really care. Maybe you can use your mod powers and put a disclaimer on anyone’s posts on this thread who isn’t either a medical doctor or scientific researcher? And then we can carry that forward to other threads as well to combat all the disinformation around here.

So it’s your premise that vaccines are what’s causing the lack of cases stemming from what a month ago were called “super spreader” events? Care to explain the uptick in cases in highly vaccinated US states like Vermont, then? And countries like Israel and Iceland?

Also, you may want to tell all of this to the NBA and NHL, because apparently your scientific breakthrough is not casually known to them.

And lastly, you’re welcome.

P.S. it’s not just “football fan cases” like you mentioned, because people who attended these games on Saturday are going to church on Sunday and work on Monday. Like you said, I'm not a scientist, but it stands to reason that they’re interacting with other people who did NOT attend these “super spreader” events as well. So you’d see a much larger spread in the community as well, right?

Last edited:

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
This thread is like watching an infinite loop. 431 pages of:

1.) ZOMG COVID Restriction X!
2.) I’m in solidarity with X because…
3.) You’re a communist!
4.) Twitter post links to scientific study
5.) That study is garbage!
6.) You are garbage
7.) Sarcasm about masks
8.) Sarcasm about vaccines
9.) Let’s go Brandon!
10.) Orange Man Bad!

(repeat)

I’m sure we are well on the way to solving the world’s problems. :D

SlickAg

pilot
Free countries are ones where the government tells you how many people you can have in your home, and when they can be there.

And to be fair, also ones where the President can ignore mask mandates and their press secretary says people should not “overly focus on moments in time” and instead pay attention to his policies. Rules for thee but not for me...

Last edited:

number9

Contributor
Free countries are ones where the government tells you how many people you can have in your home, and when they can be there.
Can we please make the distinction that this is a state restriction and not a federal one? This is my home town of Perth, Western Australia less than a month ago:

300bef84a5356b6b1b8927f44b74a643

There were about 61,000 people at the 2021 AFL Grand Final. COVID restrictions, much like in this in country, are not uniform across Australian states.